The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABCs of Trump's political demise > Comments

The ABCs of Trump's political demise : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 29/12/2017

As we approach the end of Trump's first year in office, it seems appropriate to survey his performance and his outlook for the future.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Foxy,

You said practice what you preach. I was preaching that you shouldn't call those who merely hold different opinions to you, morons and idiots.

But your beef is that I pointed this out in an uncivil manner. See how the logic doesn't follow. You're accusing me of not practicing what I preach by pointing to I'm practicing something I didn't preach!!

For someone who (in her own mind) is so much smarter than those Trump-loving morons, you seem to struggle to follow a logical thread.

As to my alleged incivility I plead guilty. But there is no civil way to tell someone they aren't as smart or tolerant as they self-perceive.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 12:45:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

I believe that this debate at its core is
about fairness. We should treat others
the way we want to be treated.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 1:10:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

BTW: Just a small correction again.

I do not have the answers to the big questions
in life. I do not think that I am smarter
than anybody else. I'm still on my own road to
discovery.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 1:14:24 PM
Whatev.

In Trump*Yr2, he starts off slagging Pakistan (fair enough), Australia and the entire Middle East except Israel. He still faces the tasks of appointing his full administration, and staffing diplomatic posts around the world - tasks that are usually completed within a few weeks and months of a new administration. He faces the denouement of the Mueller investigation. He still hasn't revealed his tax returns.

He has had something of a success (to the detriment of other economies) of getting corporate tax reductions passed by Congress. Not a particularly difficult job, with majority Republican control of the Houses. That may cause some chaos in other economies as potential investment is sucked out into the US economy. Tit for tat can be expected. So what else ?

After a year, who are Trump's allies ? Israel, yes, but any other country ? Anywhere ? Latin America ? South Korea ? India ? The Philippines ?

If Trump called a summit, who would attend ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 1:31:43 PM
"We should treat others
the way we want to be treated."

So calling them morons is definitely the way to go.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 7:43:07 PM
LM,

Politics isn't a popularity contest and people don't attend summits because the host is popular. Trump's allies incl the US's allies irrespective of the man in the seat and to be fair the entire middle east excl Israel is a collection of unelected dictators. Trump's popularity stems from his unfiltered talk and while much of it is OTT, much of it is the harsh reality that political correctness keeps silent.

As for his tax returns, he is not obligated in any way to reveal them, and the glacial state of the Mueller investigation gives no one any confidence that it will provide any meaningful outcomes before the next presidential election.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 4 January 2018 7:02:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All