The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump 1, black footballers 10 > Comments

Trump 1, black footballers 10 : Comments

By Peter West, published 29/9/2017

Their method is crude, but they are men of action and very few words. And their actions are eloquent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The issue is, why? Inequality stance by men (no women) all on million dollar contracts! Come on! NFL attendance is falling through the floor, sponsors are pulling their money out. One team has even tried to discipline one of their players who came out and stood, Alejandro Villanueva an ex-army Ranger defied the coach. The sales of his Jerseys have gone through the roof. The owners are starting to wakeup.
Posted by Jon R, Friday, 29 September 2017 8:54:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
West has his opinion, I have mine - disloyal scumbags the lot of them! Three cheers for for Trump.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 September 2017 9:35:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, both Trump's position as genuinely caring parent and those of kneeling black activist have merit!

I would urge all folk, wherever they live, to pay real respect, homage and honor to the flag and its representation of conflict and various fights for freedom and equal rights! With as much, hand on heart, heartfelt demonstrable respect as kneeling before it as a hymn or national anthem is sung?

And a matter of personal choice and the very freedom so many folk have already made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve, Donald.

Me? I kneel for nobody and believe a man dies on his feet. Bowed but not yet broken! Fighting for a just cause by choice! Rather than dying on your knees as some kind of professional, black armband, victim/history revisionist!?

These folk need to take a good long hard look at themselves! Their dubious records as caring responsible parents and parental role models! And the sheer volume of black kids raised by deserted single moms! And the number/volume of black deaths by armed black gunmen!

It's so easy to blame everybody else/anybody else!

Yes to peaceful protest as opposed to riots that just create more victims, more hate and division!

Then just get over themselves and moribund vanity Donald! Time to let loose the inner statesman and unite a divided people!

Still waiting!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 29 September 2017 10:42:35 AM
This author exemplifies the great divide, which has opened up in this country. Peter; one of the badly misguided on the wrong side, camping with the gay rights activists, and other assorted anarchists!

Could I suggest, too comfortable in life to really understand or care, for the position of the oppositional view!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 29 September 2017 10:53:22 AM
These men are traitors to their country and should find another country to move to! If NFL will not remove these ungrateful peoples then Trump should fix matters!
Posted by Diedrich, Friday, 29 September 2017 10:54:36 AM
West just doesn't get it.

Paul Craig Robert explains the reality here:
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/09/28/patriotism-two-edged-sword/

Here is anothe little bit of magic from the ever astute James Howard Kunstler (former Rolling Stone magazine author):

"There’s a lot to complain about in this deranged republic — if it even still is one — but the burdens of being a multimillionaire football player would not be at the top of my list. Personally, I find it a little peculiar that we have to play the national anthem before any sporting event. All it really shows is how insecure we are as a nation that we have to display our love of country in this obsessive manner. Same with congressmen and their stupid flag lapel pins, or the flag in front of Denny’s chain restaurants. Are eaters of the “lumberjack slam” so disoriented when they leave the place that they need to be reminded what country they’re in? “Oh, look hon, were in the USA after all….”

What burns my ar.e is seeing baseball players in camo uniforms, as if they were an extension of the US military. What’s up with that? Is San Diego suddenly a theater of war? And why do US soldiers need to wear camo uniforms when shopping for eyeglasses? There used to be a distinction between battle dress and what you wore the rest of the time, even during a world war. And why on earth is it necessary to fly Air Force fighter jets over the stadium before the Super Bowl? Who authorizes the spend for that? Who are we trying to scare?"

Ridiculous post by the author and ridiculous conclusions
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Friday, 29 September 2017 12:32:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy