The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An Australian should be Australia’s head of state > Comments

An Australian should be Australia’s head of state : Comments

By David Swanton, published 3/5/2017

Religion, or lack of it, is a personal decision for each individual. So why would Australians want their head of state to discuss her beliefs?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
David brings forward a reasoned explanation of the basis of regency in Australia.
The history of the Queen of England's being the Queen of Australia as well is an example of tradition and conformity playing a role in the make up of our Constitution.
This article ought make readers think deeply about what they believe, and more importantly, why.
Posted by Ponder, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 9:53:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am just so over fool academics bleating this type of garbage.

It is about time these people were given something worthwhile to do, [sweeping the streets comes to mind] for the money we currently waste on them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 11:05:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find this a trivial worry considering the Western world is at war with the Muslim world and can now hadve their legs and arms blown off in their own countries whilst simply going about their everyday business.

My children and their children can also be dispossessed at the ballot box by other ethnic tribes flooding into this country. America already stands on the brink of civil war for this reason. It is probably set to happen in the next few decades.

And even if there is no civil war, it means that the considerable military power of America will fall into the hands,of the Mexicans or some other such group at the ballot box.

These are the realities of the next few decades, whilst the silly people who have bought
About this downfall of Europe and western countries worry about a meaningless head of state issue, that is of no real consequence.

Also the vaguely distant global warming. War and the fall of western countries is a lot more imminent to the safety and wellbeing of Western children and nations than this
seemingly distant global disaster that is taking a heck of a time to materialise.
I have seen no weather event in the past 30years, I haven't seen before in my lifetime.

Anyway, given that territorial wars have always raged unchecked across this planet
and have been unstoppable and unable to be contained or stopped by the United Nations. This, and the global, obscene 7billion and rising, is much more a serious danger and threat to our kids than the toothless queen of England, or the 50-100year,off global warming Overpopulation is stripping whole countries of trees and causing droughts,
wars and famines at a presently happening and alarming rate, which left fools and elitistists
Ignore, whilst continuously bleating on about things tlike
global warming which is much less likely to kill our kids in the next 50years, is.

War and loss of country, has killed more people on this planet than anything else and still remains the most imminent and present danger to our children
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 11:09:19 AM
Its a good read, but the premise that Christianity is a private, personal thing is way off base.

Proverbs 27:17 informs Christians that 'Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend'

and in 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15 that,

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

So, for Christians, it's crucial that leadership seeks the advancement of the Christian faith and the glory of God and country.
Posted by progressive pat, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 11:29:13 AM
My mum is in her nineties and she's hanging on
to reach 100 so that she can get a letter from the
Queen. So although I don't have a problem of an
Australian Head of State, I'm hoping that this won't
happen before mum reaches her 100th Birthday.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 11:55:30 AM
The loony Left are un-Australian, in fact they are anti-Australian. They seem to be continually trying to destroy everything that underpins our culture. I'd urge them to leave if they don't like the foundations that underpin our culture - they can move to another republic, like North Korea.
Posted by Peter Lang, Wednesday, 3 May 2017 2:00:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy