The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Standing up against Nannies > Comments

Standing up against Nannies : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 10/3/2017

I can't say that I am an authority on Wicked camper vans, but I haven't seen any homophobic ones, or violent ones, or racist ones, or misogynist ones.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I think people yearn for laws against everything because they don't have the moral fibre to deal with the nasties themselves. They have become too reliant on Big Brother to do everything for them.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 March 2017 8:24:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fact you a supposedly educated "Gentleman" is not offended by this entirely unnecessary offensive (I hate women) garbage, tells us more about you than the intellectual level of the moronic writer of juvenile toilet door crap, befitting an antisocial R sole, with an IQ roughly equal to the current ambient temperature!

This is not what passes for normal or reasonable in civil society. I was brought up in very poor circumstances with none the advantages enjoyed by you, yet, no matter how poor of depressing those circumstances became, I was raised to believe common courtesy and civility costs nothing!

Wicked van is just a billboard for borderline obscenity, and entirely bereft of any trace of humour.

I think the only way to stop this offensive crap, is if everyone with a still functioning cerebral cortex, rents their combi van from someone or anyone else! And the best response to visual garbage on wheels!

Unless you are likeminded and agree in your heart, with the ratbag sentiments expressed by the moronic writer? Hence you almost spirited defence?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 10 March 2017 8:34:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Exactly right, Alan B. Rent your van from someone else, tell your granddaughter you don't like the message, write to the company but please keep the politicians out of it. We have to hold on to some responsibility for ourselves or we will have legislated away all our freedoms.
Posted by estelles, Friday, 10 March 2017 9:27:53 AM
"This is not what passes for normal or reasonable in civil society. I was brought up in very poor circumstances with none of the advantages enjoyed by you, yet, no matter how poor of depressing those circumstances became, I was raised to believe common courtesy and civility costs nothing!" Couldn't agree more Alan B ! That is at the heart of this issue...and what is wrong anyhow with aspiring and encouraging a "civil" society? Problem is what is considered a "civil" society differs... the mention of the ACT's Shane Rattenbury reminds me of this ..the very same Shane Rattebbury who zombie -like, accepts The Greens policy that abortion is good enough for a woman.... but offensive "graffiti" not! I suppose abortion done nice and clean and out of sight is OK but dirty talk isn't? If Shane Rattenbury really cared about women, he would not have supported the draconian exclusion zones in the ACT preventing those who do care, from offering a last minute positive alternative to desperate women driven to having their babies killed. This is why The Greens will never be taken seriously...they have more respect for trees than human life! They have even been overtaken by Pauline Hanson's Party!
Posted by Denny, Friday, 10 March 2017 10:34:34 AM
Allan and Denny,

Where would we be without the confected outrage of our blue rinsed moral police to protect us from aberrant thoughts

I look forward to seeing you shouting at teens to get their hair cut and pointing your zimmer frames at girls that have their skirts too short.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 10 March 2017 2:10:28 PM
There are obvious winners in the Green Party mix of supporters; inner city dwellers collectively, where little of the natural environment is left alive, banded together by gays, bike riders and inner city property owners.

The outburst by the greens MLA Caroline le Couteur, is not surprising in view of the above.
Travelling to their inner city annex of Byron Bay, must be a terrorising and confronting experience. Travelling through 700 km of bush, bursting with Koala Bears, to arrive just before nightfall and in time to witness the backpacker element (the nueva homeless), bedding down for the night at beach front car parks, right across from her daughters hovel on the beach!

So,while she is in residence for the holiday, maybe she could erect some protest signs against the newly installed shark nets, and begin worrying about something worthwhile, and closer to home for her quasi environmental party!

And if she reads this, here is a list of real casualties the greens have given up on defending. The latest kill statistics of some of our most vulnerable marine species being sacrificed to the God of the surf board rider, in the name of safety. Is surfboard riding worth this marine life destruction...?

The first three month talley of far NSW north coast shark nets....

20 Near Threatened Cownose Rays
16 Endangered Great Hammerhead Sharks
6 Vulnerable and Protected Manta Rays
4 Endangered Mobula Rays
4 Vulnerable Ocellated Eagle Ray
2 Protected Bottlenose Dolphins
2 Endangered and Protected Green Turtles
2 Endangered and Protected Loggerhead Turtle
1 Vulnerable and Protected White Shark
1 Near Threatened Bull Shark
1 Near Threatened Blacktip Shark
1 Longtail Tuna

Get yourself down to ground level Caroline, is my suggestion to you. Pass on by the innocuous camper van!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 10 March 2017 2:28:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy