The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The guiding light of global policy > Comments

The guiding light of global policy : Comments

By Ioan Voicu, published 3/2/2017

Strengthening international solidarity is a crucial task for promoting universal peace.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Nice sentiments from the author. But it so important that income taxes are removed before globalisation can be fully realised.
Posted by progressive pat, Friday, 3 February 2017 1:02:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A world without tax? What an interesting novel idea?

And with them gone so are all the amenities and services (roads, rail, bridges, schools hospitals etc) they paid for? I'd have to go back in history to find a time when nobody paid income tax?

Let me see? About when we lived in caves and ran our food down with a stone tied to a stick? Now that's human progress!

Particularly for those whose only achievable ambition is to die the richest person in the Graveyard?

Like those self-made men, you know the ones born in a cabin in the wilderness, hewn from logs using only, their own bare hands!?

Like a slim and athletic Gina, or rippling with work hardened bulging muscles, Clive?

Now trump that if you can? Just make sure it's legal!

All purloining/relieving other folk of wealth and property must have the protection of carefully crafted laws! Without which it might be construed as simple criminal theft?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 3 February 2017 4:09:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More proof, if any was needed, that we have to keep these academic clowns locked up in their ivory towers.

These people have absolutely no interest in what would be good for the majority of people, just in themselves & their elite masters.

It is definitely time to cut off a very large percentage of the money wasted keeping these fools comfortable doing not very much for their keep.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 February 2017 7:17:04 PM
Well said Hasbeen! Couldn't agree more, and top of that list has to be folks who've accrued their wealth on the bent backs, blood, sweat and tears of other folk, some who've been made bankrupt by these non productive money faced parasites!

Nothing could be further from the truth and exampled by this simplicity. How much trade and consequent generated wealth did we create with China when you were a boy and compare that now with what we have today and how much of our wealth is the product of de-povertizing China and Asia?

Think, how much money we could raise with a tiny tobin tax and then use that same reuseable pool of funds to build thorium power stations and new space age desal plants in the poorest parts of the world, then sit back as the economic engines we've built recreate desert wasteland/what have you, into veritable gardens of eden and a world where we don't need to fight for ever decreasing fresh water, but instead, ensure its abundant overflowing supply!

Yes it'd take decades, but when nations are wealthy enough for population control to become automatic, and those nations, new trading partners for a universally wealthy world!

What has anyone anywhere lost or given up? Hostility, want, poverty, unmet need, women dying in childbirth, little tummies growling in permenant hunger? What?
Your bank balance doesn't need to be smaller, nor your retirement pension! Just the very opposite in fact!

Vultures fight over dead cacasses, civilized humans share their abundance and in many ways, but particularly when it benefits them every which way.

All we can take from this world when we leave are memories and an assurance we have done all we can reasonably expect to make a better world for my kids and yours!

Moreover, it's got to be better to take memories of happy smiling faces, (Fred Hollow's legacy) than fear-filled emaciated ones, (Mr hitler's) to the next life?

And from a personal eyewitness report, let me assure there is one! While I understand your anxieties, I don't share them!

Cheers old mate, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 4 February 2017 11:23:30 AM
.... In accordance with the UN doctrine, there are five imperative objectives for the 21st Century for which solidarity is essential: achieving sustainable development; preventing and mitigating conflicts, human rights abuses and the impacts of natural disasters; building a safer and more secure world; supporting countries in transition; and engaging the talents of women and young people.

achieving sustainable development. This all revolves around the definition of Sustainable.... Maurice Strong, the several time billionaire says that heating and cooling in dewelings and workplaces is not sustainable and has to go. Do we get to participate in defining the meaning of "sustainable'?

"preventing and mitigating conflicts" does this mean, we the people of all countries get to select the methods for setting conflicts or will that be decided for us by our very benevolent governments.

"human rights abuse" who gets define what rights are? again the, Major powers? Do the populations in all countries get to vote on a selection of definitions of the word rights so we the people make the decision? or, will that be made for us?

building a safer and more secure world. Again what will the safer mean? another Corporitised Soviet Union times world wide tyrrany.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Saturday, 4 February 2017 6:14:05 PM
To give credit where it's due, Alan B does make a reasonable arguments, (certainly where nation building in concerned) but there's always counter-arguments.

For me it seems like an issue of juggling priorities.
I work on the idea that Australia has limited funds, we don't have a money tree so we have to decide that which is more important.

When it comes to goodwill spending on foreigners I can't get past the choice of 'Do I spend it on an Aussie on a public hospital waiting list who has already contributed towards this country or do I spend it on a foreigner?'
- And every single time I ask myself that question, I have to support the Australian citizen, I just can't bring myself to ever sell them out.

So in theory, my objection is not because I don't want foreigners to get the help and assistance they need, I just can't sell out an Aussie to do it.

Alan B. mentions "All we can take from this world when we leave are memories and an assurance we have done all we can reasonably expect to make a better world for my kids and yours!"

But is Alan talking about Aussie kids or the whole worlds kids?

Alan- B "What has anyone anywhere lost or given up?".

Globalism has cost our young ones jobs, many can't get a job to get a decent start in life these days.
(Though there's multiple reasons for this)
And does foreign spending not create a greater debt for them to inherit?

Finally, there's also a lot of criminal conduct during the cover of night going on in these foreign aid systems.
A human being can be worth up to a million dollars in harvested organs.
They call it 'making lemonade', a reference to 'when life gives you lemons' I assume.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 5 February 2017 12:30:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy