The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dutch nursing home death - more excuses, more killing > Comments

Dutch nursing home death - more excuses, more killing : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 3/2/2017

So, what happens after a euthanasia or assisted suicide death occurs and the doctor is found not to have fulfilled one or more of the criteria set down in the law? There should be a charge of homicide.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Laws are never designed to help people - laws are designed to cover the legislators' bottoms. It is absurd for immoral and godless politicians, whose power rests on violence, to have a say on moral and ethical issues.

There are those who claim that states were created as a pact for mutual protection. That being the case, why should they be afraid to prove it by asking the people themselves whether at all they desire this "protection"?

Let those who opt for the state's protection be insured by the state against murder, euthanasia, and why not - even against obesity or falling off their bike.

But do allow those those who opt not for the state's protection, to be murdered or euthanased without worldly/legal consequences to the perpetrator(s).

The heavenly court makes no mistakes - the human courts do regularly err: for justice, I trust the heavenly court alone. Should I ever happen to be murdered or euthanased, I want no perpetrator to be judged and/or punished in my name by the state and its earthly courts.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 3 February 2017 12:43:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Recently a double blind study into statins,{big parma's biggest profit earner,] found only those given the placebo did not suffer some cognitive impairment? And that the average extension of life by those given statins, was only an additional nine months?

It's a bit rich, first we give them medically acquired dementia David? Then use that as a reason to put them down? Citing lack of quality and compassion!

Now I know we've all heard the horror stories of projectile vomiting and what have you?

But it's caused by a (round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows) bacteria and spread by lack of adequate rudimentary hygiene and shared facilities, as a cost saving, profit improving measure?

Even so, hardly a reason to euthanize or worse, moronically feed the very bug with milk solids? And seek to solve problems created in house? With a "permenant" solution?

Recent advances in stroke treatment include direct injections into a damaged brain with stem cells! With truly remarkable early days results!

We need far better and vastly less costly preventive care, that keeps folk out of nursing homes indefinitely, particularly Dutch ones!
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 3 February 2017 3:13:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>Once you create a situation at law where killing of another person is allowed in certain circumstances

So, why aren't you banging in about war ? Or is it okay to kill those folk. We're over their droping bombs on peoples heads.
Posted by Valley Guy, Friday, 3 February 2017 5:03:22 PM
the killing of the unborn was facilitated by argueing that poor 14 year old girl that was raped should not carry someone elses child. The dishonest and gullible followers has resulted in 100,000 plus children per year being butchered often for covenience sake. The emotional arguements and deceit of those argueing for killing oldies will be the same. The slippery slope is very clear but ignored as anyone pointing out the truth is demonised as demonstrated by posters here.
Posted by runner, Friday, 3 February 2017 5:13:57 PM
I read the article and it struck a chord.
My mother is in a dementia wing of a nursing home
where I act as a volunteeer. To me the residents
and staff there have become like family. I know
them all by name. The staff are excellent, very
professional, caring, and compassionate. Extremely
well trained and nothing is too much trouble for them.
My mother and the other residents continue to
surprise. The programs are excellent. Especially
the music, and art programs. Then of course there are
others as well - all in all - very varied and catering
to the various stages that is dementia.

Mum has settled in very well and of course having family
contact consistently, helps.

I was horrified with what I read in the article.
I am not against euthanasia. However, I wopuld prefer it
was for terminally ill patients who are in great pain
and suffering with no hope of a cure. And safeguards should
always be in place to avoid situations like those described
in the article. From my own experience with dementia patients -
I would definitely not suggest euthanasia for any of them.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 February 2017 5:28:56 PM

According to the latest statistics, a total of 1 611 people hung themselves in Australia in 2014.

In all, 2 864 people committed suicide that year.

Those are the clearly proven suicides. But, in addition, there were 6 460 “accidental” and “undetermined” deaths - including by hanging, “falling” off buildings and other “high places”, poisonings, and various other methods, too gruesome to be described in detail …

The statisticians note, somewhat candidly :

« It is possible that additional suicide deaths are contained within the intent categories of Accidental and Undetermined Intent, particularly for the mechanisms of poisoning and hanging »

In fact, suicide represents nearly 2% of all deaths in Australia each year. There were 153,580 deaths in Australia in 2014 and 159 052 in 2015.

Though life expectancy continues to increase in Australia, reaching 80.3 years of age for males and 84.4 years of age for females, suicide is the main cause of death of the 15 to 44 year olds.

I wonder how many of the 3 000 or so people who will hang or poison themselves, cut their veins, throw themselves off buildings, or lie down on railway tracks this year would prefer to die peacefully, calmly and painlessly in a warm, cosy environment … if that were possible !

Unfortunately, it’s not possible. The carnage will continue as long as euthanasia remains illegal in Australia. In fact, the carnage is getting worse.

Just too bad, I guess.

As Paul Russell (the author) says : look at what happened to that poor old lady in Holland !

Trust in God, my friend, then jump, hang ... or whatever.

Good luck !

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 4 February 2017 4:11:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy