The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The reality of religiously-motivated terrorism in Australia > Comments

The reality of religiously-motivated terrorism in Australia : Comments

By Laurence Maher, published 30/12/2016

This was not a case involving a mental illness with an identifiable cause and treatment. What was of concern was MHK's 'adherence to ideas'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Jihad is only ever an internal struggle with your own demons! To externalize it, ensures those demons have won.

Moreover, there's no place in paradise for those who knowingly spill a single drop of innocent blood. Except in self defense or to survive!

Some of the community justify almost any evil, by claiming we're standing on their ground? Even though it was my ancestral ground centuries before it became their (purloined) ancestral ground?

Therefore, and according to their claimed rationale? Everything standing on it, is theirs to do with, or vandalize as they see fit?

At least this is the inculcated, brainwashed from birth belief?

When the day finally dawns that unfit parents are obliged to also stand in the dock beside the young offenders they've raised and indoctrinated with false belief and held to account for their indisputable part?

Then maybe they'll stop! Or start taking some responsibility for the outcomes they've engineered, almost if they were lighting a stick of dynamite and then throwing it in our midst?

In conclusion, let me say, if there were no religious element in radicalization, then young thugs, murderers, butchering bastards, and scum of the earth, would just be common thugs, thrill kill murderers, antisocial animals, raping for the purely personal sexual gratification it gives them; and or, butchering for perverse pleasure and because they can! Even so, adding a claimed religious element changes nothing!

An evil act, regardless of how it is dressed or excused, or who gives alleged permission, will always remain an evil act! No ifs buts or maybes!

I who have opened death's door, looked and came back, am here to tell the aforementioned, you are not going to like what you find there or the unfathomable terror heaped on endless terror, each worse than that preceding it, waiting to welcome you, HELPLESS, to its DARK domain!

If you would but avoid that (your very worst nightmare) destination, then you need to completely turn your life around, now, while you still have some remaining time?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 31 December 2016 9:02:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Alan,

The build up to another year and a fresh start
gives us hope for a better version of ourselves.
If we would only focus more on others than
ourselves - it would give our lives more
meaning and fewer depressive symptoms.

I volunteer at my mother's nursing home. She's
in their dementia wing. The more I inter-act
with the people there the less likely I find
myself indulging in my own complaints and
frustrations. It puts things into perspective for
me.

Wishing you much Joy and peace of mind in the New Year.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 December 2016 9:22:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, Dear Foxy, you think I'm exhibiting symptoms of depression or dementia or am a self absorbed introvert! And therefore enable you and all you successfully influence to merely dismiss my near death out of body experience, as the ramblings of some poor demented fool?

Yes a stroke is a brain injury and what I witnessed could have been the hallucinations of an injured brain?

Conversely and equally, it could have been a real experience observed by my spiritual self? Given no reliable evidence to prove either outcome? Other eye witness evidence!?

Either explanation has apparent merit, even a denial, it couldn't have been real? My recovery by all accounts was bordering on the miraculous and I have full use of the formerly paralyzed side!

I am so lucky! This town my town is full of my friends, many of who go out of their way when they see me struggling with shopping trolley or what have you.

A recent visit from my kids and Grand kids left me in an ebullient effervescent mood! Normally, and thanks to years of meditation, I don't have massively swinging highs and lows!

Tomorrow I celebrate the new year with family and old friends! I'm neither irrational nor demented and I thank you for ensuring those who read these lines, are unable to reach any other conclusion, however personally unpalatable!

This is the season of goodwill and peace! Therefore, I wish you good health, all the joy and dream fulfillment you can possibly tolerate in the coming year!

I cared, cooked cleaned etc, for my Mum the last ten years of her life, which thankfully never included a single day inside a nursing home!

Notwithstanding, I don't envy anyone volunteering inside a nursing home, but simply can't find enough superlatives to tell them how much I admire and appreciate them for their tireless application to tasks nobody else would touch! Just want it over!
May your God bless and keep you.
Take care, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 31 December 2016 11:08:23 AM
Dear Alan,

I apologise unreservedly for misunderstanding your
previous post. I did not know what you had been
through and made the wrong assumptions. However
my intentions were well meant. Still there's no excuse.
I'm glad that you're doing well, especially that you
have the support of family and friends.

Thank You for your kind words and well wishes.
Especially your blessings. I also wish you and yours
good health, love in your hearts and joy in all of
your days.

Take care.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 31 December 2016 1:03:41 PM
Alan B
I think you hit the nail on the head, when you said these terrorists basically
are thugs with hate in their hearts, using religious belief to whitewash their
murderous actions in their own minds.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 31 December 2016 8:38:20 PM
What makes these people dangerous is that they believe in what they are doing. These aren't criminals, in it for personal gain, you don't blow yourself up for profit. The fight must be taken to these people by Islam itself, perhaps the non-terrorist Islamic world should agree on a new caliphate.
Posted by Billyd, Sunday, 1 January 2017 9:34:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy