The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The reality of religiously-motivated terrorism in Australia > Comments

The reality of religiously-motivated terrorism in Australia : Comments

By Laurence Maher, published 30/12/2016

This was not a case involving a mental illness with an identifiable cause and treatment. What was of concern was MHK's 'adherence to ideas'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
From the outset let me say in that in my opinion all religions are silly.

Any belief system can be a source of good or evil, the cross over for these things is if you use your beliefs to drive the standards and behaviors of what you live by or do you use them to judge/condemn others.

I'm not sure What the Author would expect the Victorian Premier to do, other then to say that the idea that Terror acts are not part modern mainstream Islamic teaching.

"While Anti-balaka groups have been frequently described as Christian militias in the media this has been denied by Church leaders. Bishop Juan José Aguirre said: "But in no sense can it be said that the anti-balaka is a Christian group. The anti-balaka are made up of people of all kinds, terribly enraged, and including many people whom we call the 'dispossessed' – bandits, ex-prisoners, delinquents, criminals – who have got involved in these groups and are now extending, like a plague of locusts, across the whole of the CAR, murdering Muslims"."

Sound familiar?
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 30 December 2016 8:21:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is no "religiously-related terrorism"; there is only Islamic-related terrorism. To suggest otherwise is gutless and absurd.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 30 December 2016 8:44:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

In my suburb we have young men smashing the windows
of cars and trucks in the early hours of the
morning simply because they can. They come from
good homes and are in no way connected to Islam.
The police are still to arrest any of them.
Go figure.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 30 December 2016 12:14:13 PM
The secular/feminist dogma of ripping apart unborn babies is just as sick ideology as Islamic terrorist. They are both as evil as each other.
Posted by runner, Friday, 30 December 2016 3:23:22 PM
Ttbn

I totally agree with you.

Time all governments across Aust – woke up to the fact, and so many others.

Bronwyn Bishop (on Paul Murray live) approx. Oct/Nov viewing stated there are (at her last info whilst in Government) 3.5 million Medicare Cards issued to persons over and above Australian population?

Hullo – while I viewed the programme NOTHING was followed up by any media outlet.

So I ask the question – WHY NOT?

I thought this would have been acted upon (exposed) as a matter of extreme urgency in regards to “false documentation” of persons living in Australia and utilizing taxpayers funding services.

How naïve am i.
Posted by SAINTS, Friday, 30 December 2016 3:35:17 PM
Foxy,

Islamic inspired have acts nothing to do with straight thuggery. The title of this article was "The reality of religiously-motivated terrorism in Australia". Non-Muslim thugs are not religioulsy motivated. There are plenty of very nasty bad people who are not Muslims, but Islamic terrorists are not just anti-social hoodlums: they fighting an idealogical war against us.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 30 December 2016 4:25:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy