The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Person of the Year: time to look beyond the obvious > Comments

Person of the Year: time to look beyond the obvious : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 29/12/2016

The men and women of Syrian Civil Defence, known as ‘Syrian White Helmets’, deserve the title as they sacrifice their lives to rescue those trapped in the war zone.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
To 'fake news' or not to 'fake news', that is the question.
This article may as well be a propaganda piece for the gulf states.

The whole entire world is so full of crap, just like this article.
Does non-biased investigative journalism exist or are we to be subjected to opinion as facts?
Has the author even been in Syria during the war?

The REAL Syria Civil Defence Exposes Fake ‘White Helmets’ as Terrorist-Linked Imposters
http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/09/23/exclusive-the-real-syria-civil-defence-expose-natos-white-helmets-as-terrorist-linked-imposters/

Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong
http://youtu.be/I8mA0h7dCKI

Getting Real News From Aleppo - With Vanessa Beeley
http://youtu.be/mgnTskvdYi0
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 29 December 2016 8:00:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

Thanks for these links. From the first one: so the White Helmets are the creatures of "the NATO dirty war on Syria that began in earnest, in 2011." ? And of "US Coalition terrorist entities" ? And of George Soros ? The REAL Syrian Civil Defence is operating in Tartuss, Syria's main port, where the Russians are based.

So the real enemies are the US, Turkey (or has that changed ?), NATO, the Jews of course, and their links with ISIS ? The only real allies of the Syrian people are, apart from the Syrian government ...... the Russians ? Maybe the Iranians too ?

Sometimes I can't tell anymore whether some crack-pot site is extreme 'Left' or extreme Right.

A laugh a minute ....

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 29 December 2016 9:23:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Any who are not prepared to stay, & fight to protect their homeland & people, are not worth giving the time of day, & certainly not worth listening to.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 29 December 2016 11:00:11 AM
Great Post AC I get quite angry at our pathetic "news" organisations.

As for the author I almost though he has got it in his first few paragraph but then it fell away. He shifts back into only white people can be racist, all the worlds problems are caused by racist white people.

The Author needs to dig deep and face up to the fact that his country of birth is a toilet because of the cultural, religious and racial views of its inhabitants. Stop blaming White people for everything and take some responsibility.

The ware in Syria is a civil war we shouldn't be involved at all except for the fact its a great training ground for Islamist terrorist.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 29 December 2016 11:06:53 AM
'These events that are all crisis situations of life-and-death faced by millions of people in developing countries due to wars, climate change and poverty driven by actions of global capitalism are worth grabbing world media attention more than the glamour and profit-laden escapades of the western political and cultural titans.'

Yeah Bashir nothing to do with men folowing the teachings of Mohammed. Good to see you have thrown the marxist gw scam in there as a cause for Islamist to rape, behead while yelling out climate change instead of yelling out to allah.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 29 December 2016 1:00:40 PM
Was this an article or a stand-up comedy routine?

'These men and women [of the White Helmets] sacrifice their lives to rescue others’ lives in the war zones of Syria. They are the first respondents who rush to the scene of a bombardment as soon as they hear the explosion and even before the dust and smoke can settle down. You will find them among the rubble and the ruins as soon as bombs are dropped.'

Ah ... no. They are operating from a studio backlot in Hollywood or maybe a film studio in downtown Riyadh. For all the fantastic 'first response' rescue work they did in East Allepo, liberated civilians, when questioned, had never heard of them.

Considering all the dangerous chaos of the environment they are working in, it's quite a feat to create such an artistic staging of their rescues. Perfect lighting. Handsome men. The dusty children they photogenically embrace in their heroic arms look about as traumatised as a tickled puppy.

Their opaquely generous benevolent fund of a hundred million dollars is about the average budget for blockbuster sci-fi. At least, when we watch a sci-fi blockbuster, we know that it's fiction.
Posted by Killarney, Friday, 30 December 2016 5:14:07 AM
//Ah ... no. They are operating from a studio backlot in Hollywood//

Presumably the same backlot they faked the Apollo 11 landing on.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 30 December 2016 5:59:40 AM
Hi Killarney,

So, just to clarify: the White Helmets are digging people and bits of bodies out of the rubble caused by Russian bombing.

So they must be anti-Russian. Therefore they must be pro-American.

Ergo: it's all an American plot. They don't exist. They're actors, kids, bodies and all.

The Russians aren't bombing the daylights out of Syrian people. That's also, by sounding anti-Russian, pro-American. Therefore false. There are no Russian planes in the Middle East.

Have I got that right ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 30 December 2016 6:56:05 AM
Hey Toni and Loudmouth,

You're both often sceptical of the links and arguments I put forward in my responses, and I don't really begrudge that in itself considering often the things I post do seem outlandish, and given that you guys are much more products of the corporate media than I, though this is not my fault.
- But I wonder whether your comments are reasonable, or just ignorant.

5 or 10 years ago your responses would've came across more valid, and you would've highlighted the 'conspiracy nutjob' factor of my response but times are different now.

Did you actually do any fact checking on the actual content Loudmouth, or was it just your overall impression of the website I linked to ?

Remember not too long ago when you guys all thought Hillary had a 96% chance of winning?
Did those websites 'look' more believable?
That's your corporate media, full of BS to 'steer you' rather than 'inform you'.
Who was the one talking about manipulated corporate media electoral polls? Me.

If you went to the independent media, you, (like me) might know something useful and not be an ill informed mindless jellyfish questioning the things I post.

If you take this attitude of believing the corporate media and pre-judging everything that doesn't fit into 'your personal belief system'; without actually looking into it you are never going to be informed.

Did you actually take the time to listen to what this reporter who personally spent a lot of time in Syria had to say? You don't have to believe her, but you should actually get a broad understanding of whats going on before you comment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_Defense
http://www.redstate.com/diary/blbennett/2016/09/28/soros-hacks-reveal-clinton-must-never-president/
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=6709
http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-coalition-intelligence-operations-room-inside-syria-destroyed-by-russian-missile-attack-thirty-israeli-american-british-turkish-saudi-qatari-intelligence-officials-killed-report/5547099
http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-supports-isis/5492807
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07/11/staged-isis-beheading-video-hacked-from-mccain-staffer/

Please, next time you want to nitpick, firstly do some initial fact checking then ask yourself if you are merely just advertising your own ignorance.
Now I'm not going to guarantee everything I post is 100 percent proven fact but who can?
At least I'm broader minded to the bigger picture.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 31 December 2016 1:36:58 AM
//If you went to the independent media, you, (like me) might know something useful and not be an ill informed mindless jellyfish//

Ah, personal abuse from a man who thinks is quality investigative journalism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5KTiAcTEyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn2kuT6Xx8w

Life is good :)
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 31 December 2016 7:03:45 AM
Well Toni it's true isn't it, after all you've proved you're a bit of an ignoramus as well in choosing your links, and I wouldn't have to say the things I do if people didn't try to attack me first right?

Joe had to jump in with his loudmouth 2 cents and try to start an argument of sorts, and I was going to let it go because the lack of a 'being informed' factor on Joe's part meant I'd be arguing with an idiot on the topic of Syria and it wouldn't be worth the effort.
- But then he started on Killarney (who referenced things I said in) so I gave him his loudmouth 2 cents anyway.
So whats the big deal?

Now as for that first link you responded with, (you ignoramus) did you actually notice who made it?
Hint: There was a big prompt at the end of the video.
Or maybe did you noticed whose Youtube channel it may have been?

No, because you're an ill informed jellyfish that doesn't know much either.
Questioning the fake beheading videos?
Of course, because you wouldn't have bothered paying attention to my first link, which showed Rita Katz' SITE Intelligence group.
No, you open you mouth like an idiot just like Joe did without checking any of the actual content.

You think you're all smart and liberal but there's plenty you don't know, and truthfully its really funny because the people who see themselves as being smart liberal people only look twice as dumb, twice as stupid and twice as pathetic when they get it wrong.

I don't claim to be something I'm not.
You just try to dig at me and you hate it I because I barely raise a sweat with your feeble attempts.

Why don't you look up 'Media Matters'?
Do you even know who they are?

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=7150

I don't care if you post stupid cut videos of Alex Jones what exactly are you trying to prove?
He often rambles a lot of crap and I'll be the first to admit it so who cares?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 31 December 2016 8:45:26 AM
Hi AC,

When you write, " ....If you take this attitude of believing the corporate media and pre-judging everything that doesn't fit into 'your personal belief system'; without actually looking into it you are never going to be informed...."

if you revised that to 'any media', I'd fully agree. But whether or not we should follow up and believe every hint of conspiracy and double-dealing on the basis of an unfounded accusation, I don't really agree. Sorry, but that's what being sceptical about media means. If I find some utter rubbish on a web-site, then that's it. Life's too short to waste on baseless conspiracies.

Independent media ? Yeah, right.

But I take exception to your comment that I '.... might .... be an ill informed mindless jellyfish .... '. I think jellyfish are much maligned, they may hold many secrets for medical science yet. The rest of what you write is cruel but probably fairly accurate. Must do better.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 31 December 2016 10:29:28 AM
Hi Loudmouth,
Totally agree with all your points; you're right about everything.

You're right when you say it should be 'all media' and I was wrong if I implied only the corporate media.

You're right when you say we shouldn't have to follow up every unfounded conspiracy theory.
It's up to each individual to choose what they wish to read or or look into.
- This is where peoples different levels of knowledge on different topics comes in; and of the purpose of discussions and sharing information.
Different people have different pieces of knowledge to share.

We should be skeptical, in this day an age we should all be at least a little skeptical of everything were lead to believe is fact.

Independent Media independent?
I accept the point you're alluding to completely.
There is certainly a lot of fake websites and disinformation out there.

(FYI In some alternative media circles the terminology has changed. It used be 'mainstream media' and the 'alternative media', but the mainstream media has been losing ground to the alternative media for some time which prompted some to start referring to them as 'Corporate media' and 'Independent media' instead. It reflects the basic idea that it is media which isn't typical establishment talking points.)

I'd honestly love to be a jellyfish swimming around the ocean today, (It's so hot) and yes maybe they do hold the secrets to some yet to be discovered medical treatments.

You're also right about me being cruel.
I know I can be harsh, I don't feel all that good about myself when I do, if that's any consolation.
I have a terrible way of making my arguments sometimes.
Sorry for the way I made those points.

Sorry I called you an ill informed jellyfish and anything else insulting; you, Toni and the other members are much more learned than me on many other topics and I don't ever deny that, but often my points are worthwhile too.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 31 December 2016 2:30:27 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

You wrote;

"Any who are not prepared to stay, & fight to protect their homeland & people, are not worth giving the time of day, & certainly not worth listening to."

This from a bloke who freely admits to climbing onboard a yacht to sail the Pacific for years because he didn't like the direction the country was headed.

Didn't stick around to fight for change, just cleared off.

I think these people have far more substantial reasons for cutting and running than you did.

Does that make you "not worth listening to"?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 31 December 2016 2:52:33 PM
Hi AC,

Thanks, no worries. Happy New Year, and Happy Hanukkah !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 31 December 2016 3:21:23 PM
Same to you Joe,
A genuine Happy New Year to you, your family and friends, and all the other forum members as well, even the ones I don't always get along with.
You've all provided me with many different ways of looking at many different topics, I'm wiser for it and for that I appreciate you all.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 31 December 2016 7:09:53 PM
Armchair Critic,

Ach, who cares? It's the frigging New Year! Time for a clean slate. Sorry if I've been a dick the last year, AC, although I'll probably be the same dick this year. It's just the way I'm built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1xT93IlUI
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 1 January 2017 12:43:32 AM
Loumouth

'Ergo: it's all an American plot. They don't exist. They're actors, kids, bodies and all.'

In a word ... yes. Why is that so hard to understand? The US is an empire and all empires throughout history have plotted and schemed, with all kinds of expensive machievellian propaganda, to justify their wars of aggression.

The British empire did it. The European empires did it. The Third Reich did it. The Japanese did it. The Roman empire did it (Caesar even admitted to it). I'm sure the Persians did it to justify their invasion of Greece.

As for the handsome, dusty white helmet honchos, where are they featured in any of the footage of the liberation of Aleppo and evacuation of the city? One would think they would be in the thick of it, preening and posing all over the place - in front of expensive, wide-angle backdrops of the city and its multitude of fleeing citizens hugging and kissing them. Couldn't they have thought to hire a few more actors to bow down and kiss their feet? (Stay tuned. There's probably one in the pipeline.)

As for Russian bombing of Aleppo, they were legally invited by the elected Syrian government to aid it in overthrowing the jihadist rebels who were trying to overthrow the Syrian government and turn Syria into a fanatical Islamist theocracy. In order to liberate a city under siege, bombing is an essential part of that warfare. (Of course, we all know that no other country on the face of the earth ever bombs anything during warfare campaigns - they just melt away the military opposition by the sheer force of their benevolent goodness).
Posted by Killarney, Monday, 2 January 2017 12:07:18 AM
Hey Toni,
You did manage to get right under my skin a few times, you put in a decent effort and it paid off well a few times.
And yes, I know you'll likley continue to do so, I wouldn't expect anything less, I might even think something was wrong if you changed now.
Happy New Year
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 2 January 2017 2:26:31 AM
//'Ergo: it's all an American plot. They don't exist. They're actors, kids, bodies and all.'

In a word ... yes. Why is that so hard to understand?//

It's not hard to understand. It's hard to swallow, because it's bollocks.

A bit like if somebody tells you they've seen fairies at the bottom of the garden. It's easy to comprehend their meaning, but it's not as easy to accept their assertions as an accurate reflection of reality.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 2 January 2017 8:55:45 AM
Hi Killarney,

Love that logic !

"The British empire did it. The European empires did it. The Third Reich did it. The Japanese did it. The Roman empire did it (Caesar even admitted to it). I'm sure the Persians did it to justify their invasion of Greece." Therefore ....... oh, the US. Of course.

But not the Russians ? What, not ever ? No, never ! What, never ? Well, hardly ever. Don't mention central Asia, the Caucasus, the Baltic States, Poland, Siberia .......

You could have added, Killarney, that imperialism is an ideology of superiority which many people can never give up: they perpetually think that they have a right to rule others, areas of interest in which other states are sort of subordinate, secondary, unimportant. There are probably English imperialists who think that one day, they will get Ireland back.

Actually, I suspect that Russian imperialists like Putin (get stuck in) have plans to 're-incorporate' all those Central Asian and Caucasian states which were once part of the old Tsarist Empire, inherited eventually by the Bolshevik (both imperialists), and expanded by Stalin into eastern Europe and, effectively, the Balkans. I think Putin hankers to extend the borders of 'Russia' to include Serbia and Montenegro, with its huge port of Kotor. If I was a Finn, I would always be looking over my shoulder too.

Imperialism never dies in some minds. Think 'Zhirinovsky'. And it often finds useful idiots to justify it. Thanks, Killarney.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 2 January 2017 9:21:17 AM
Loudmouth

'If I was a Finn, I would always be looking over my shoulder too.'

Finland was occupied by Sweden for 600 years. Sweden was an empire for over two centuries. Should we start ring-fencing Sweden with a military and nuclear missile build-up just in case Sweden starts returning to its old imperial ways? I'm sure there are a lot of imperial warmongering Swedes who'd just love to get Finland back.

Ditto Britain, France, Spain and Portugal. Let's do the same to them - just in case that old imperial itch starts up again.

These tired old excuses that 'lefties just want to blame everything on the US', or that anyone sceptical of war propaganda is on the side of the current enemy du jour, are getting tired and weak. Not only that, ignoring all the obvious warning signs that the US is aggressively preparing us for war with Russia is downright dangerous.

Toni Lavis

We're talking here about a very high-profile civil defence team that has been operating in East Allepo but no one there has heard of them; that is the darling of the overwhelmingly anti-Assad/anti-Russian Western media; that is positively swimming in cash donations from the highly corrupt and dubious Soros network; AND has managed to produce expensive, high production-value films AND easily despatch them from a warzone with no electricity, internet or phone service.

Methinks the fairies are at the bottom of YOUR garden, not mine.
Posted by Killarney, Monday, 2 January 2017 7:42:35 PM
Hi Killarney,

I suspect that "These tired old excuses that 'lefties just want to blame everything on the US'.... " are more valid now that Putin's bestie is about to take over the White House.

I don't think President Barnum will stay Russia's hand - I don't mean necessarily in the case of Finland (which was part of the Russian empire barely a century ago) - but certainly in the case of Ukraine and the Baltic states.

Reactionaries like those two will stick together. But it will be that much more inconvenient for the pseudo-Left to blame the US for anything when Putin is giving it to Barnum up the clacker - and when the pseudo-Left shares Barnum's fear of globalisation and love of isolationism and protectionism.

Yes, thanks for the advice about Sweden - even under the Tsars, the middle-class language in Finland was Swedish: 130 years ago, the composer Sibelius couldn't speak Finnish until he learnt it as an adult.

I suppose the lesson is, Killarney (surely an Irishman doesn't need this advice): don't trust any ex-imperialist power, especially those for whom human rights have never figured much.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 2 January 2017 8:10:40 PM
Loudmouth

The rules of imperialism are as follows:

1. When WE do imperialism, we are spreading civilisation, democracy, prosperity and general goodness. When THEY do imperialism, they are meglomaniacal expansionists, enslaving all they conquer and depriving everyone of their basic civil liberties and toss all dissidents into concentration camps or 'disappear' them.

2. WE drop good bombs. THEY drop bad bombs.

3. OUR imperialists are nice, clean-cut family men (and occasionally women), with good-looking families and impeccable dress sense. THEIR imperialists are shifty, evil-eyed manipulators and we never see their wives, because they are locked away in purdah, or if we ever do see them, they are frivolously spending public money earned by their regime slaves on kitschy shoes and handbags.

4. OUR imperial diplomats are clear-eyed, objective and reasonable. THEIR imperial diplomats are immature obstructionists, who wreck every peace conference they attend by asking far too much and, if they happen to get their way, go away and break every agreement they signed up to.

5. OUR imperial politicians keep their sexual affairs discretely private (until they are found out and then they gracefully resign on a lucrative, taxpayer-funded pension). THEIR imperial politicians keep sex-slaves and rape everything in their path.

6.OUR imperial politicians always tell the truth. THEIR imperial politicians always lie.

7. OUR imperial media - ditto. THEIR imperial media - ditto.

8. OUR imperial security organisations act only in the interests of our national security. THEIR imperial security organisations act only to spread mayhem and deception.

9. OUR imperialists are mostly white and speak English. THEIR imperialists are various shades of non-white and/or have to speak through interpreters.

10. OUR imperialists make excellent Hollywood good guys. THEIR imperialists make excellent Hollywood villains.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic or anything you had to say, but I had fun wring it.:)
Posted by Killarney, Tuesday, 3 January 2017 8:28:28 AM
Hi Killarney,

I'm terribly sorry, but when you wrote

"I'm sure there are a lot of imperial warmongering Swedes who'd just love to get Finland back. .... Ditto Britain, France, Spain and Portugal. Let's do the same to them - just in case that old imperial itch starts up again.... "

I thought you were elaborating on the issue of imperialism. On your check-list of the evils of imperialism: where would Russia NOT fit in ? They probably even have their version of Hollywood, busy filming their bare-chested Great Leader, who, by the way, owns much of the neo-Tsarist media, RT for example.

Ah yes, it's after 10.00 am, so I guess it's okay to let the useful idiots out - but be sure you're back by 4.00 pm. Boy, I had fun writing THAT cheap shot.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 3 January 2017 10:01:20 AM
I think many of you guys find the idea of staged events and false flag attacks incomprehensible.
It seems to me that for many of you it's just beyond your belief systems to accept these things occur.

When the corporate news tells Australians Assad committed chemical attacks on his own people Aussies generally believe it.
The don't question the media the way they should.

The war in Syria has gone on since 2011.
If people think there are no 'soft war' measures in both manipulating the public, and acts intended to push governments or the UN to commit more to the war effort or act in regards to it, they are sorely mistaken.

Look how many got it wrong with Hillary's Presidential campaign.
They're lying to you; they're not trying to inform anyone any less than influence them, so that they can get away with more without the public's objections.
In this way they're not trying to give anyone the news at all any less than attempt to actually create the news.

People better wake up because we have what could almost be considered civil wars brewing in almost every western nation, national sovereignty being under attack by globalism using refugees and immigration to divide and conquer with many nations leaders seemingly acting complicit.

http://youtu.be/yz1KBb0fmCw
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 6:33:27 AM
Hi AC,

Love that logic:

* that animal is not a cat;

* this animal here is not a cat either;

* that animal there is not a cat either;

* therefore, that other animal over there is not a cat.

Thanks for those apologetics for Assad and his Russian cronies.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 6:40:53 AM
Hey Loudmouth,
Not quite sure what you're trying to say...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 4:49:09 PM
Here's an interesting article about the 'White Helmets' dated yesterday.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-uk-paid-white-helmets-help-al-qaeda-blocking-water-to-5-million-thirsty-syrians/5566309

They're involved in the current Wadi Barada blockade of water to 5 million people in Damascus, as a reprisal for the liberation of Aleppo.

The 'White Helmets' motto is "We act neutrally, impartially and for all Syrians".
Yeah, right... whatever.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 5:26:10 PM
Sorry, AC,

If A is not a cat, and neither is B, C, D or E,

then F is not a cat.

Okay: one story, you claim, was untrue. Another story was also, you claim, untrue. Therefore this other story is untrue.

i.e. if A, B, C and D are untrue, therefore E is untrue. Can you see that there is no necessary connection between any of them ? You can infer, suspect, imply, even assert and tentatively conclude, but not conclusively.

How's that ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 6:53:38 PM
//The don't question the media the way they should.//

You don't apply Occam's razor the way you should...

But since you are clearly the font of all worldly knowledge, capable of understanding truths that are beyond the ken of us mere mortals with our feeble jellyfish intellects, why don't you go ahead and tell us exactly what we should believe? That way we won't have to think about it and risk overheating our tiny little brains. We can just accept whatever you decide is true, and outsource all our critical analysis and scepticism to you since you're so much better at it than everybody else.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 4 January 2017 10:29:28 PM
Hey Loudmouth,
I sort-of understood what you were saying, but I couldn't really see at first how you overlaid that thinking onto my comment; anyway I think I get it now.
FYI, I'm not conscious of the technical ways or methods in which I write my comments and try to make my points; I mostly just write whatever comes to mind.
I do recall that another commenter (might've been you) some time ago pointed out that I'd used this method of making points in my comments before.
If I were more conscious of using these disliked writing methods, I'd probably try to avoid using them (to avoid being challenged on it) but I just don't think of it at the time I write my comment.
- Come to think of it now I think they implied I spoke like Hitler...

I thought each of my statements individually was reasonable, and there was enough accepted basis to make each point. I wasn't deliberately leading up to a hard-hitting finale, but that's just the way it came out.
-And whatever methods I use to convey my opinions, that in itself doesn't necessarily make a statement itself any more or less true.

(On the topic of Assad's alleged chemical attacks, there simply wasn't any motive for Assad to deliberately cross Obama's 'Red Line' and do so on the very day members of the UN had arrived and were there. Moreover it seems likely that Obama had created that 'Red Line' with the intention of conveying that Assad had crossed it, to 'reasonably' justify increased involvement in the war. In this scenario there may have been some co-ordination with terrorists to ensure the attack took place.)

Here's an interesting story.
Leaked Audio from John Kerry: Obama Wanted ISIS to Grow In Order To Topple Assad.
http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/leaked-audio-obama-wanted-isis-to-grow/

For years people like myself have taken a lot of crap just for having an opinion, and as time passes on many points we've been vindicated.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 January 2017 8:29:10 AM
Hey Toni,
All things being equal the simplest answer tends to be the right one.
Ok, M/E nations 'Arab Spring' whilst Western nations being polarised by liberal left pc agendas using racism and immigration.
Accident or Design?

I don't have all the worlds answers.
It actually seems like the more I learn the less I know, to be honest with you.
Some topics I'm a little better informed than others and Syria just happens to be one of them.
On that topic it simply comes down to the fact I watch different news than others.
I'm not going to tell others what they should and shouldn't believe, though I'll shine a light on aspects of a story that the corporate media won't report on; as well as attempt to balance arguments that I see as biased, question things that seem hypocritical or don't add up, and have opinions on things I feel strongly about.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 January 2017 8:38:03 AM
Hi AC,

There you go, the same logic:

"For years people like myself have taken a lot of crap just for having an opinion, and as time passes on many points we've been vindicated."

i.e. if we've been vindicated before, many times, therefore we will be vindicated on this issue.

No, it doesn't follow :( Good luck !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 5 January 2017 1:21:50 PM
Hey Loudmouth,
"If we've been vindicated before, many times, therefore we will be vindicated on this issue."

But I never said that, you did.

Thanks for the language skills lesson but I'd just rather stick to Syria.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 January 2017 5:43:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy