The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Where to for migrants and minorities? > Comments

Where to for migrants and minorities? : Comments

By Saeed Khan, published 6/12/2016

The dust is yet to settle on Brexit and Donald Trump's presidential victory but Australia's own deplorables are already out in force beating their chests.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
What a racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic hell this country is. It's such a contrast to such peaceful tolerant societies such as Bangladesh, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and a hundred others. It's very curious how diversity is compulsory for Western societies but not for non-western cultures.

The author should carefully examine his own prejudices before criticising others.
Posted by mac, Tuesday, 6 December 2016 10:24:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a nasty, malcontented brute! Your typical "diversity advocate" (see bio) who does not believe in diversity of opinion or speech - damn white- hating racist. He sees anyone not like him as "deplorable", "xenophobic" and "ugly beasts"; and "we have no legislative protection for migrants and minorities". What a lunatic!

White Australians have a sense of entitlement? Not strange in their own country; but this awful creature has a huge sense of entitlement himself, trotting out abuse against the host population.

If Seed Khan hates us do much, he can excuse himself any time, for the delights of Pakistan, as far as I'm concerned. There could not be a person less worthy of Australian hospitality.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 December 2016 10:31:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that Saeed is after Julian Triggs job. The hatred towards those who have given him civilisation is palpable. No wonder the likes of Trump is elected when you have migrants receiving tax payer funded jobs and then crapping on those who gave him an escape from a country as deplorable as Pakistan. Thankfully the migrants I know are extremly thankful for the forefathers who built this great nation.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 December 2016 11:03:35 AM
Not by rioting or non peaceful protest, but by unarguable on any rational ground, advocacy! And by countering the lunatic extreme right, (inmates in charge of the asylum) with much more egalitarian inclusive social justice advocacy! And cricket!

And not from the left necessarily, but progressive conservatives, who understand, when the great unwashed are better off, everybody else is also!

We are a nation of migrants, who invaded initially as chained slaves, those who survived the incomprehensible deprivations of the longest ever enforced transportation

! And arrived as an emaciated barely alive invading army bound down with iron chains! And barely retained the strength to blow out a candle!

The resident aborigines didn't stand a chance! And have every right to blame these still hated for daring to survive, invaders!

And are served in their 200 year old endevour, by finding what intesmally small things that separate us, or just any excuse?

God help those with forbears from both sides! We can have the most monumental arguments and fights with ourselves, (take that you ewe) and bound to win every time!

As does the loony tune right! Who have the comfort of knowing they're always right! (Except in Australia, where left is right and right is wrong, or bound to result in a peddle to the metal headlong collision?)
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 6 December 2016 11:12:28 AM
Saeed, I think you want Australians to be racist. For your own personal agenda! I have yet to be convinced that they are....it was into our impoverished home that my late father invited one of Australia's earliest migrants.. a Balt ... in a small country town unused to "New Australians".. and thereafter we reveled in "diversity"..some even married these "diverse" people! Where do you think I have spent some of my Christmases? Sitting on the floor sharing a meal with Muslim friends! And who do you think cares for me now, when I have a mishap like a fractured ankle ...my former neighbors who are now back in Pakistan.. via Facebook ! Mine was the first home locally into which I offered a safe haven for persecuted refugees from the ME... a year ago...the problem is they are hard to assemble because they fear Refugee Camps where they are also persecuted. SOME Australians are racist. SOME Australians are unjust.SOME Australians are thieves.SOME Australians are rude. SOME Muslims are terrorists. Henry VIII, the head of the Church of England, had two of his wives beheaded. No one sees that as reflecting on today's C of E's adherents! Our earliest immigrants were labelled "wogs"...and they laughed ..coming out of dire poverty they were sunny and light hearted, never taking themselves too seriously ....like you are in danger of doing Saaed . Like those Italians, other highly cultured Europeans accepted us for the Philistines we were, enriched our culture and were happy to live and die here. Stop stirring up trouble Saeed and embrace some of the real injustices in this country...though if I were to mention them, you would probably put me in Hillary Clinton's basket of "deplorables" .
Posted by Denny, Tuesday, 6 December 2016 11:37:54 AM
Well, they had 40 years and 90% of academicians, the media and hollywood and still couldn't convince most people that diversity is fun.

Immigration seems to work best as a compliment to society, rather than a scheme to steal poor countries doctors and engineers and reduce the wages of local battlers.
Posted by progressive pat, Tuesday, 6 December 2016 11:38:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy