The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nobel confusion: Ramos-Horta, Trump and world disorder > Comments

Nobel confusion: Ramos-Horta, Trump and world disorder : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 28/10/2016

A Clinton presidency would hardly be that prudent, nor particularly wise, but that is the Ramos-Horta verdict, his own variant of an external endorsement that is bound to fall on deaf ears in the United States.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
This isn't confirmed, but I've heard that there were thousands of emails which are relevent to Hillary's email investigation found on a computer shared by Abedin and Weiner and placed in a file named "Life Insurance"
I heard that this "Life Insurance" point was mentioned on CNN earlier this morning but I cant find any videos or articles of it.

One could only speculate why emails were in a folder named "Life Insurance".

Regarding Alans concerns, there is a longstanding Justice Department and FBI practice to not comment publicly about politically sensitive investigations within 60 days of an election
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 31 October 2016 9:05:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not enough known yet about the emails but from my understanding the earlier investigation did find that emails containing classified material were stored on the private email server. What they didn't prove was intent to breach the law. That serious a lack of judgement in itself is very telling but in a contest primarily between Clinton and Trump I can understand why some might consider it a minor issue.

Emails to a close aid that have not been subject to any cleansing may give a fuller view of the way things were done than has previously been available.

As for the investigation into Weiner and the merits of sexting a child, that's a different issue.

The only real cross over is if it impacts on the ability for the FBI to investigate the Clinton related emails as they were not I presume the subject of the warrants that the PC was seized under. I have not seen that aspect discussed so perhaps it's not an issue in this instance.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 31 October 2016 9:47:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Robert,
It's a bit of a fallacy that Comey required 'intent' in order to prosecute.
US law states that 'intent' is not required in regard to mishandling of classified information.
Simply being negligent is all that is required to be in breach of these US laws.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/07/11/people-punished-far-less-hillary-clintons-email-offense/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/laptop-may-include-thousands-of-emails-linked-to-hillary-clintons-private-server-1477854957

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-30/why-doj-having-trouble-accessing-thousands-huma-abedin-emails

- The FBI has permission to search Weiners files on that shared computer but not Abedins, so I understand.
The warrant allows the FBI to look at those files.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 31 October 2016 10:16:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy