The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why some voters embrace Hanson and Trump > Comments

Why some voters embrace Hanson and Trump : Comments

By Toby Ralph, published 26/10/2016

There's a serious misunderstanding of the intentions of many Donald Trump and Pauline Hanson voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Things are bad but, they could be worse!
On the positive side, since China is well along the road, with its bloodless takes over of Australia, we should be safely protected by China, protecting their investments against Russian aggression !
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 27 October 2016 1:19:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too many many people miss the point.
Trump & Hanson, could they really be worse than Clinton and Shorten ?
I don't know, but our government has been told by its own departments
plus several out side organisations plus individual investigators
that the country is at severe risk and the opposition and government
take no notice and indeed act to suppress the reports.

The report in worse cases could result in starvation of the whole
population but they just do not want to know.
Hanson is like the rest of the population and just does not know either
but maybe someone may get her to listen. I suspect that she is more
down down to earth and a realist than any of the main stream pollies.

So in hope I will vote for her party at the next election if it does
not all blow up in our faces before then.
If it does there won't be an election anyway.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 27 October 2016 11:01:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B...our 'manufacturing sector' has steadily waned from the late 1970's. Holden, Ford, Mitsubishi etc were propped up over the past 40 years by the various subsidies and deals done during that time. Perhaps Herr Abbott was right to administer the coup de grace as he did. I sure wept tears as I watched the last Australian made Fords & Holden's race at Mt Panorama a few weekends ago !

Trump/Hanson appeal to the underdog, the battler, the folk in those societies who find it hard to rise above their lot. Where they have "stepped on it" is in 'othering' the Asian, the Muslim, the Hispanic and those people, who if included, would most probably have voted for them.

Don't forget for one moment though the influence of MSM barons and their vested interests. Money can't buy you love...it can, but don't go in unprotected...and it sure can buy lots of valuable votes. Hanson & Etteridge were sidelined because their voter base represented a serious threat to the LNP at the time and possibly will do again in the future.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Saturday, 29 October 2016 12:18:23 PM
All these 'analyses' - whether sympathetic or antagonistic - of why people vote for Trump or Hanson are SO patronising, it makes my teeth grind.

They are pathologised, of course, as psychologically damaged losers in a system defined by winners. Don't for a moment think that they may actually be intelligent political beings who have thought through their decisions.
Posted by Killarney, Sunday, 30 October 2016 5:32:38 AM
I'm deplorable...
What is Aleppo?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 30 October 2016 10:48:21 AM
//What is Aleppo?//

It's a cross between leopard and a hippo.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 30 October 2016 2:02:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy