The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The need for renewable electricity > Comments

The need for renewable electricity : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 7/10/2016

If Mr Turnbull had his way on continued use of coal, government would fail to realize its Paris commitment.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
Craig Minns you may not be part of the base load, but the real people are. If greenie ratbags want to be readily shed let them join some register.

Yes the blackouts caused by the wind farms. It is fully reported & why they caused it.

I suppose it is against your religion to read anything that might prick the bubble of your fantasy world but many of us do. We will be well informed until your lot get control of the net & try to prevent us finding the facts.

Just for you, the sudden loss of hundreds of megawatts of generation, when farms closed down to protect themselves, [using your admired automatics], overloaded the Vic interconnector which then tripped out. All this in less than 10 seconds, tripped the rest.

They have been warned for years that this would happen, yes WOULD happen, but green lefty twits don't want to believe this is the result of their stupidity.

Labor & the Greens are in it for the donations it scores their parties, & refuse to see what the result must be, & ratbag greenies are their useful idiots.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:03:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course, some of you will always be a lot further than half a dozen steps behind...
Posted by Craig Minns, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:18:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And the greenies will have rushed off down a false path, with unproven & obviously faulty dreams.

That's probably why they end up at the bottom of the garden, swapping ideas with the fairies.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:29:27 AM
I'm just wondering when the last time was that you actually contributed anything useful to any discussion, anywhere, Hasbeen. About 1932 is my best guess: "Down the stairs and to the left, make sure you use plenty of sawdust or they won't pick it up"...
Posted by Craig Minns, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:39:12 AM
Did you read my post6 Craig?

If you did, how are you going to get about without your bubble to sit on, or are you shouting Na Na Na loud enough not to hear the truth?
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:44:15 AM
I thought that it would not be long before the Thor-bores jumped on here to attack Mike Pope's fine argument for renewable energy.

I might point out that renewable energy systems are here already, can be established quite fast, and constantly improving.

Meanwhile thorium nuclear reactors remain no more than a gleam in their disciples' eyes.
"Here are some facts:

There is no “thorium reactor.” There is a proposal to use thorium as a fuel in various reactor designs including light-water reactors–as well as fast breeder reactors.
You still need uranium – or even plutonium – in a reactor using thorium. Thorium is not a fissile material and cannot either start or sustain a chain reaction. Therefore, a reactor using thorium would also need either enriched uranium or plutonium to initiate the chain reaction and sustain it until enough of the thorium has converted to fissile uranium (U-233) to sustain it...." https://www.wiseinternational.org/nuclear-energy/thorium-new-and-improved-nuclear-energy
Posted by ChristinaMac1, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:56:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15