The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Proposed indefinite detention laws in Australia > Comments

Proposed indefinite detention laws in Australia : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 9/8/2016

The Turnbull government has come down rather heavily in its response to a spate of attacks in France and Germany, deciding that it is time that something be done in the face of this supposed global madness.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I have a pig dog, with a genetic condition, which manifests as distinctly unsociable and threatening behavior toward all strangers; and who was incarcerated for an unspecified time as a consequence of being also a houdini dog and escaping from the compound he was confined in and threatening small children, old folk and a terrified neighborhood!

A nervous nellie policeman with a gun wants to put him down.

Now while he's at home hooch is as gentle as a playful kitten, an act to inspire misplaced confidence?

That then allows the cunning beast to once again take a walk in the park, escape the handler. share his flawed genetic material with several resident female dogs, savage small innocent children and their protective mothers and worse?

I see that policeman draw his gun and plead for the life of my dog, who is useful in containing a feral pig population and in so doing, has saved my bacon (sorry about the pun) on several occasions, so I don't see the wild incorrigible recidivist, just a animal, who has RIGHTS!

In the case of terrorists and their intentions, the comparison makes my savage beast look positively benign.

However, and to be fair, I would give these folk a chance for liberty, and wherever they can find a host country not called Australia, who wants them!?

And that liberty would be conditional on the detainee being able to pass a lie detector test, utilizing space age, double barrelled technology, failing that, permenant exile beckons! A now uninhabited Devil's Island/Sahara becomes a possibility?

As long as we have folk who literally force their unwanted presence, evil ideology/intentions and incurable mad dog culture on the rest of us, they need to be at the very least, humanely confined?

Perhaps, along with all the bleeding heart dogooders, who invariably do more harm than good, who would release them among us!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 9 August 2016 9:38:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A well written article to which I subcribe 110%. At what point in the near future do we see the appearance of the Islamic creasent crudely drawn on the front doors of Australian Muslims...this has to stop!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 9 August 2016 9:43:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>At what point do we see crudely drawn crescents on Australian Muslim doors?<

Never ever D D! Given they are Australians who identify as Australians and an Australian ethos!?

Your suggestion is a nonsense that would force our Muslim brothers to join the mad dog brigade, as opposed to rooting out the occasional miscreant? And or, turning them around before any harm is down to them or others!

One notes that the folk who more than anyone started this furore, were the folk who flew hijacked planes into the twin towers.

Given reports are to be believed, they presented at border control, clean shaven, smiling and affable, with impeccable documents, and not all were Muslim, but included a christian element with a PHD?

Would that we could have deployed space age lie detection technology that could have stopped them at the border!

Then having completely and factually, exposed their murderous intentions, locked them up and thrown away the key?

I'm sure many American families, which included significant completely innocent American muslims, who would then and to this day, be still going about their normal daily lives and occupations?

Would be ever so grateful, instead of been prematurely terminated with even less regret than you or I might have in swatting a bothersome fly?

That's what needs to stop, along with the ritual beheadings, the crucifixions, burial while still alive, sexual slavery and other stone age barbarity along with the unconscionable radicalization of our youth!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 9 August 2016 11:50:41 AM
Terrorism is NOT a " 'supposed ' global offence. It's a global offence, no ifs or buts. What a silly thing to say. As for what Comrade Barnes is supposed to have said: pure rubbish, as usual. And of course terrorism is a special case! It is not a crime. It is vile terror perpetrated for religious reasons by religious maniacs.

If we had any sense, we would be executing these creeps,so mere incarceration for life is is very soft indeed.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 9 August 2016 12:04:08 PM
All of my current questions, concerns and opinions of Islam are best reflected with this video.
http://youtu.be/-YpJjRzQDIM
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 9 August 2016 1:06:10 PM
Armchair critic, thanks for posting a link to that video, pretty much sums it all up. Good one!
Posted by Rojama, Tuesday, 9 August 2016 1:55:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy