The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Coalition losing its base > Comments

Coalition losing its base : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 31/5/2016

We first noticed a shift from the Liberals when the Coalition dropped its commitment to free speech and the repeal of Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I don't see it, just those few (me me me) diehards on the extreme right who would only be happy if all social welfare was canned today?

If any of this, I believe, highly prejudiced analysis had any substance or accuracy? Labor's primary vote would hit the stratosphere.

For Labor to win in needs to win at least 21 new seats and the current polls show that's just not happening?

Were I you David, instead of trying to affect the polls or voting intentions, with your diatribe of stage managed misinformation, I'd worry about my own polling, which might improve if you were out there with a positive message about what you actually stand for apart from reinserting your own snout into the taxpayer funded trough of federal politics?

I see Pauline might be making another tilt at the windmill? Perhaps you'd have some success if you got into bed with her? Where no doubt you could please explain, some of your shooting prowess? Who knows what they're thinking out there in mugsville?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 31 May 2016 8:49:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Given the similarities in parties, it really does not matter who wins the election. Either will increase the chaos politicians have brought upon Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 31 May 2016 10:44:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Repeal of Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act is not about free speech or liberalism - it's about people being able to spout hate speech.
Posted by McReal, Tuesday, 31 May 2016 10:46:53 AM
McReal:

What is hate speech exactly?
Posted by phanto, Tuesday, 31 May 2016 11:11:27 AM
phanto,

"speech reasonably likely ... to offend, insult, humiliate, or intimidate another person or a group of people"

ie. 1(a) of the RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ACT 1975; Section 18C.
Posted by McReal, Tuesday, 31 May 2016 11:34:52 AM
Meanwhile it seems to me that contrary to all of his bluster re the misuse of public (that is tax-payer) monies the Senator is just another member of the snouts in the public trough brigade - you know the type that are calling for the "end of entitlement" and the reigning in of the expenditure of public monies to those who dont need it.

Last week it was reported that he was one of many two-faced pollies who claim the $270 overnight allowance while staying in Canberra, even though he/they own or are buying their own residence there. The tax-payer is thus helping him to purchase his property.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 31 May 2016 2:43:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy