The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pause in global temperatures ended but carbon dioxide not the cause > Comments

Pause in global temperatures ended but carbon dioxide not the cause : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 21/3/2016

El Nino events are not caused by carbon dioxide. They are natural events which manifest as changes in ocean and atmospheric circulation patterns across the Pacific Ocean.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. All
Siliggy,
the green-house effect is not just due to CO2.

I don't understand your points about vertical vs horizontal radiation and convection. I doubt they're valid.
Posted by McReal, Tuesday, 22 March 2016 10:39:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Silggy

You stated:
"Here long before the 1896 world wide heatwave gave the evil Swedish eugenicist, Svante Arrhenius his chance."

Fourier, decades before Arrenhius was beginning to show interest in climate. Tyndall later, though before Arrenhius, was experimenting with various gases.Climate change science has a 180 +- history. Denying climate change science for political and economic reasons has a history of 20 +- years.

Where are the experiments to show there is no reaction between IR and CO2. As stated elsewhere CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas.

Previously references were given in relation to experiments from the quite simple to extremely sophisticated showing the IR relationshion with CO2. Words alone do not undermine experiments, data is required to explain away experimentation.
Posted by ant, Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:33:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jennifer,

If you're still watching, can I ask a technical question?

You, and many other so-called skeptics, say that the pause ran for 18 years between the El Ninos. It is of coarse an article of faith among the alarmists that this is cherry-picking by starting at the high 1998 numbers.

Yet, using UAH as you (correctly) do, it can be seen that a hiatus of some 20 years can be seen between, for example, 1/1995 and 1/2015 - Trend: 0.124 ±0.154 °C/decade.

I wonder why the point is conceded to the alarmists by starting in 1997/8 when a hiatus can be seen from 1995.

I know that not all datasets yield this result for these periods but if you're going to argue that UAH is to be prefered then why not base the start-end dates for the hiatus on UAH data?

Just wondering.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 22 March 2016 2:02:58 PM
Jennifer Marohasy,

Surely you are watching comments called for within the heading of your own article.

Do you have any idea why photosynthesis-linked solar warmth in ocean algae plant matter has been excluded from AGW, IPCC and associated climate science?

Plant matter has warmth retaining properties, waterlogged algae plant matter included.

Algae is definitely linked to El Nino 'phenomena'as the following evidence shows:
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/ElNinoColor/el_nino_color_3.php

Can El Nino events be considered natural when human sewage and land use nutrient overload pollution is proliferating and causing increase in ocean algae, including algae linked to El Nino events?

There is considerable empirical evidence indicating sea surface temperature anomaly in greenhouse CO2 science is not an anomaly in marine biological study involving algae and sewage nutrient distribution.

Do you think subject of ocean and waterway algae is being homogenized?

Toward solutions, there is dire urgent need for whole-of-water-ecosystem care and management, including opportunities I have been discussing. e.g. see here and previous pages;
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=18107&page=7
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 8:06:11 AM
I actually thought that with what is happening in Europe that resources would be directed to real problems.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 9:55:11 AM
ant asks "Where are the experiments to show there is no reaction between IR and CO2."

There aren't any. That's because no one doubts that there is such a reaction.

I've explained this to you before but clearly its too hard or just doesn't fit with what you want to be true, but no reputable scientist , including those you so inaccurately describe as deniers, doubts that CO2 has some affect on atmospheric temperatures. That, despite your hopeless misunderstanding, isn't the issue. The issue is the quantum of that effect.

I'm loath to give you more homework given that you are obviously still struggling with your previous task ( to find science that agrees with your silly claim about Holocene temperatures), but let's see if you can find a prominent 'denier' scientist who disputes that CO2 has some temperature effect.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 23 March 2016 11:21:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22