The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Useful Idiots > Comments

Useful Idiots : Comments

By Richard Stokes, published 3/2/2016

Appeasers are once again protecting Islam, presumably on the assumption that because it is a monotheistic religion it is somehow equivalent to Christianity, and telling us that we can dialogue with 'moderate' Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
AJ wrote

"I agree when it comes to physical attributes."

Which IMPLIES that you do not agree when it comes to intelligence and personality. The reason why you will not state that plainly, is because you have no argument to support that position. But, you know that I have valid arguments which support my position. So, the trick is, to attack my arguments, while saying nothing yourself that you will have to justify.

This proves that my position is based upon reason, yours is based upon belief.

AJ wrote "Then bring it on, bitch."

State your position, bitch. I trusted you to engage in serious debate before, but I now know that you will stoop to any subterfuge to prevaricate, or even avoid submitting a position that you are prepared to defend.

AJ wrote "What difference should that make? Do your arguments suddenly become better when someone has targeted you? If so, then why?"

I had you pegged as just another naive but honest trendy lefty who was easy meat. I did not realise that you were an obsessed individual who would stop at nothing to try and ream me out. That included refusing to state your position prior to debate, in order to avoid justifying your own position, or saying one thing and then denying later that you had said it.

AJ wrote "Yeah, still waiting for that alleged corner that I’m supposed to be eventually backed in to. Doesn’t look like it’ll ever happen though."

Every time you stereotype and prejudge, I am going to ream you out. All you can do to defend yourself, is to claim that black is white.

AJ wrote "I already have one discussion up my sleeve as a demonstration of the sheer frickin’ stupidity of your entire racist worldview."

My racist attitudes are ones I am prepared to state and defend. Your anti racist attitudes are so poorly held by yourself, that you are too frightened to even state plainly what they are, because you have no argument to defend them
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 13 February 2016 6:00:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AJ wrote "Gee, that’s funny. In nowhere did my response intend to claim or imply that “intelligent people” did not think in stereotypes."

I have your quote saying otherwise. But you are backing yourself into a corner again. Are you now saying that intelligent people do stereotype? Oh, goody. Please state that in a sentence so that I can put it in your "clangers" file. Failure to do so, means that you have realised that you are submitting a position that you will not be able to change when it is convenient.

AJ wrote "I have had a change of heart, LEGO. I've decided to count your claim, that I said that intelligent people never stereotype, as a lie."

Here you are.

AJ quote "Intelligent people are able to look past (stereotyping) and understand in what situations it is appropriate to do so."

Not only did your statement clearly imply that "intelligent people" do not stereotype, it is in fact a stereotype of "intelligent people" itself. It attributes a common characteristic to all "intelligent people". Please explain how any "intelligent" person can "look past" stereotyping what a Zulu or a Swede is from their memory, when making any opinion about these groups of people?

AJ wrote. "Of course, I'd be happy to do away with the tally altogether if you just promised to try not to lie. But, as even your insistence that your opponents state a position beyond the fact that they think you're wrong suggests, you need to attack what you think your opponents think to distract from the weaknesses in your own arguments, and you're hardly going to be able to do that without the odd lie here and there, are you."

I love the way you grandstand for the audience, AJ. But you and I both know that the reason you never did what I did, and plainly stated your position on the race issue, is that you have no argument to support your presumed position that all races are equal in intelligence and personality.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 13 February 2016 6:02:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not quite, LEGO.

<<Which IMPLIES that you do not agree when it comes to intelligence and personality.>>

But I’ll refrain from adding this to the lie tally because I’m a fair person and this could have been a genuine misinterpretation.

I think intelligence and personality are also different from race to race.

But before you wet yourself with excitement, understand that the science states that such differences are due to sociological and cultural differences.

<<The reason why you will not state that plainly, is because you have no argument to support that position.>>

Really? I’ve unnecessarily stated my position on this matter so many times now that this will have to go down as yet another lie.

That makes 22.

<<But, you know that I have valid arguments which support my position.>>

Such as? Oh please, Present them to me now. I’ve been dying to read them!

<<So, the trick is, to attack my arguments, while saying nothing yourself that you will have to justify.>>

In other words, you need your opposition to state an opinion that you can attack in order to distract from the weaknesses in your arguments.

Why o’ why do you keep providing me with opportunities to point this out? Are you really that frickin’ stupid?

Looks like you really are.

<<State your position, bitch. I trusted you to engage in serious debate before, but I now know that you will stoop to any subterfuge to prevaricate, or even avoid submitting a position that you are prepared to defend.>>

Subterfuge? Oh dear, that’s going to have to go down to another lie given that I’ve been as open and honest as I possibly can be. Sorry, that makes 23 lies now.

<<I had you pegged as just another naive but honest trendy lefty who was easy meat. I did not realise that you were an obsessed individual who would stop at nothing to try and ream me out.>>

In other words, you did not realise that I was actually educated on this stuff, unlike yourself.

Continued…
Posted by AJ Philips, Saturday, 13 February 2016 6:48:34 PM
…Continued

<<That included refusing to state your position prior to debate, in order to avoid justifying your own position, or saying one thing and then denying later that you had said it.>>

Nope, never once refused to state my position. There is however a difference between stating one’s position and needlessly stating more than one needs to because the idiot with whom the poor individual is debating requires as many words as possible to use as a red herring.

<<Every time you stereotype and prejudge, I am going to ream you out. All you can do to defend yourself, is to claim that black is white.>>

Then I look forward to the first time you manage to spot me prejudging or stereotyping. It should be a hoot. So far, you have not done that. That’s gotta be embarrassing. Either way, I could stereotype as much as I liked on the General section of the forums as you are too technological illiterate to even realise that that section of the forums even exists.

<<My racist attitudes are ones I am prepared to state and defend.>>

And not one of them has withstood any of my criticisms. Imagine that, just li’l ol’ me. Yet throughout the naughties, you somehow managed to get away with all your racist claims without anyone holding you to account. The naughties OLO readership was obviously not very bright, and it’s given you a false sense of confidence now.

<<Your {anti-racist} attitudes are so poorly held by yourself, that you are too frightened to even state plainly what they are, because you have no argument to defend them>>

Really? What is it that I’m too afraid to state, do you think? You don’t even know, do you?

That’s going to have to go down as another lie.

Lies: 24
Fallacies: 3
Posted by AJ Philips, Saturday, 13 February 2016 6:48:47 PM
AJ wrote "I think intelligence and personality are also different from race to race. But before you wet yourself with excitement, understand that the science states that such differences are due to sociological and cultural differences."

Thank you, thank you, AJ Phillips. It only took about 12 months to drag that out of you. Did it take that long for you to think up a position you think you can defend?

AJ wrote "Such as? Oh please, Present them to me now. I’ve been dying to read them!"

You already have. But I think that we are digressing too much from the topic under discussion. I prefer to stay on topic with stereotyping and prejudging. Especially since I am wiping the floor with you.

AJ wrote "In other words, you did not realise that I was actually educated on this stuff, unlike yourself."

Indoctrinated, more like it. That is why you are so easy to counter. You have accepted the left wing ideology without question, and you just parrot the slogans. I accepted it as a young man too, then I realised that it was contradictory with glaring double standards, and that started me thinking rationally and logically.

AJ wrote "Nope, never once refused to state my position."

Oh look, Your nose just grew another inch. Sometimes, my opponents say something that is so ridiculous, it just takes my breath away. You have to ask yourself, "Is he dumb, or is he devious?" With you, I think it is both. I asked you over, and over, and over again, to post your position on racism. Every time you refused.

AJ wrote "And not one of them has withstood any of my criticisms."

I can not say that about your own position on racism. Other than the fact that you simply opposed everything I said, I never knew what it was.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 14 February 2016 6:14:54 AM
AJ wrote "Then I look forward to the first time you manage to spot me prejudging or stereotyping. It should be a hoot. So far, you have not done that."

I have you down as doing it five times so far, but I forgot that you attributed a common characteristic to "intelligent people", in that they "are able to look past (stereotyping) and understand in what situations it is appropriate to do so." That makes six.

I can't stop you from saying that you are not stereotyping and prejudging, when you plainly are. But if anybody is reading this thread, they must be shaking their heads with pitying wonder at your stupidity. That is good. If they are left wingers, and they think that lefties are smart, then your position must be making them uncomfortable. I have displayed to lefties their own prejudging and stereotyping many times previously. In every case, it has really rocked them. You are the only one who stereotypes and prejudges, and then claims with a straight face that he is not doing it.

AJ wrote "Either way, I could stereotype as much as I liked on the General section of the forums as you are too technological illiterate to even realise that that section of the forums even exists."

I am certain I could catch you stereotyping hundreds of times, if I bothered to read back over your previous posts on OLO. But I don't need to do that. I can just sit here and catch you doing it on your future posts. It effectively means that you can never criticise any group of people again, or even attribute to them common characteristics. How the hell you are going to do that, I don't know. But that is your problem.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 14 February 2016 6:16:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy