The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A fetish for uniforms > Comments

A fetish for uniforms : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 29/1/2016

Our fetish for uniforms is like treating an on-duty, uniformed police officer like Superman, then treating the same person with derision when he is dressed like Clark Kent.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Thanks N.S.W. voters!

David, if you want to move to the US then go ahead, you can move to country that better represents your preferred way of life. One of them southern state will open carry laws would suit you by the sounds of it.

Given the trouble we have with king hits and fighting in general in our larger cities, allowing people to also carry firearms would not reduce problems would increase the consequences.

David, you have a great example in the US for your assertion that more firearms in the community would reduce crimes. Most mass shootings in the US are stopped by uniform police.
If you can site any examples of it being stopped by armed citizen we would all be informed
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 29 January 2016 9:31:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David's articles brings up the matter of shadow dominating substance, the illusion of make-believe.

But then it's the result of much of life's conditioning - to accept branding at face value and not question the content.
It's a little like the old truism about knowing the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.

But never forget that guns have but one function - to kill.
Would you be willing to just kill somebody a little bit?
Posted by Ponder, Friday, 29 January 2016 9:34:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't care how he's dressed David, I would love to change places with Clark Kent!

Even so I loved being in uniform and the wolf whistles that I got from some young and very well made women. Although the tux produced a fair share of admirers, back when! "Memories and the windmills of my mind!"
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 29 January 2016 9:49:11 AM
I reckon overpaid, greed-is-good politicians, like Leyonhjelm, deserve uniforms.

Perhaps striped pajamas with a yellow "P" on the breast pocket.

Any other suggestions?
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 29 January 2016 10:06:49 AM
I am a dual citizen of the USA and Australia. Because of John Howard's actions in restricting guns I feel much safer in Australia. This is one area in which the USA should copy Australia. David Leyonhjelm is more interested in serving his ideology than in promoting public safety.
Posted by david f, Friday, 29 January 2016 11:24:27 AM
//Any other suggestions?//

Straitjackets.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 29 January 2016 12:14:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy