The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 2016 survival kit for Aussie Muslims and non-Muslims (in 6 simple steps) > Comments

2016 survival kit for Aussie Muslims and non-Muslims (in 6 simple steps) : Comments

By Aqeel Choudhry, published 8/1/2016

We must always be on guard against terrorism, its our responsibility to band together to defeat not only terrorism but equally important, avoid falling into the Islamophobia trap.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hi Kactuz,

Yes, fascinating: Der Spiegel even tries to spread the blame:

"But this hectic, fervid and, at times, hysteric, week has also been about much more: Namely it has been about all of the issues that the right-wing populist party Alternative for Germany (AfD) and the xenophobic movement Pegida have been shouting about for months.

"It was about Merkel's refugee policies and the upper limit for refugees demanded by her conservative Bavarian allies. Added to that was the perpetual problem of violence against women. It was about the integration of foreigners, the danger of a societal split over the refugee question and a shift to the right in Germany.

"But it was also about the quality of the work done by the police and about a state being unequal to the task facing it. It is a lot to think about. The role of the "lying press" can't be forgotten either. And yet, it still isn't entirely clear what actually happened on New Year's Eve in Cologne."

Not a mention of Islam, or Arab macho culture, but attacks on 'xenophobia' ['fear of strangers'], and the role of the police. If I were a German woman, I would have moved my xenophobia-detector up a few notches, especially if I want to go out.

We always have to call out something for what it is. In Rotherham, 1400 young girls were molested by south Asians. That is vile. In a dozen European cities, it seems, women were molested on New Year's Eve. That is vile. Whoever, and whatever, is responsible, must be identified and criticised, by both left and right.

Gosh, maybe I dreamt it but I thought that 'left' had something to do with feminism. Ah, maybe that was then, this is now.

Not do so is outright racism, schmoozed over with relativism and very, very misplaced 'support'.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 10 January 2016 1:24:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a young man I was in uniform and taught/trained to control riots with live ammunition.

The orders usually were, cross that line at your peril, and when the usual ring leaders crossed it,they would be shot, as would any other miscreant who followed.

It didn't cost many miscreant lives to restore order and inform the would be terrorist fomenting civil disobedience and terror, that the only reward for the intending slaying of thousands by rioting crowds, was the death of the few trying to rev them up to mindless violence; and usually against entirely innocent targets.

Simply put,to kill a dangerous snake one needs to cut off the head.

For mine, given the rapid success of this no nonsense approach, we need to revisit it, given it is the only thing this new breed of monsters respect.

It certainly would reduce rape as a crime in place like India, if the cops were given implicit authority to kill these monsters as soon as it was indubitably established that they were guilty of some of the most heinous crimes against the innocent known to humankind!

A firing squad would save the courts and the people much time and money, and we have the space age lie detection and recording equipment plus extremely reliable DNA testing, to ensure just the self confessed guilty are the ones removed from the never ever extremely expensive time wasting loop.

I wouldn't want it to be one man's decision, but say three and not the same three each time, but those selected from a group of volunteers. And peer reviewed into the bargain, after the event.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 11 January 2016 7:57:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Rhosty,

The brilliant Henry Ergas has a great article in today's Australian, putting many of the issues succinctly, and advocating a thorough and long-ongoing discussion between left and right. As he writes, " .... a country is not a fellowship of strangers; it is a community whose glue comes from shared values. What we owe strangers is not freedom from our values, but the freedom to exercise them."

But since the war in the Middle East will only get more widespread as 'relations' between the Saudis and the Iranians breaks down even further, and with a caliphate under IS now being declared in the Philippines, it is probable that we are seeing just the beginning of mass migration out of those areas. Those poor buggers will have to have somewhere to go.

And given the choices are between supporting tyranny and supporting jihadism, two sides of fascism if you like: nationalist versus Salafist, who can blame them ?

But neither can any country tolerate vile behaviour from refugees, or migrants. In fact, the supporters of refugees, if they had any anticipatory sense, would realise that vile behaviour is going to doom their efforts.

Perhaps Merkel's only option is to deport those found guilty of such crimes against women straight back to their home countries, in shackles if necessary: push them off the plane and goodbye.

How to persuade refugees to internalise the values of countries which have welcomed them: that's another very long struggle, it seems.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 11 January 2016 8:52:36 AM
An excellent account of the events in Cologne, and the nationwide (and further) network of appeasement blocking honest, transparent reporting at every level, is in the London Daily Telegraph at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12090750/German-law-should-be-toughened-to-ease-deportation-of-migrants-says-Angela-Merkel.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM78425&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FPM_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FPM_New_2016_01_09&utm_campaign=DM78425

Decent women have been entrapped in this web of treason while filthy alien paws have groped all over them and the state does its damnedest to look the other way.

One answer, daintily deplored in the captions by the Daily Telegraph, is at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12091029/German-police-clash-with-far-right-PEGIDA-supporters-in-Cologne-in-pictures.html (Use the arrows at the edge of the screen to navigate).

Culture is universal, cultures are tribal.
Culture unites and ennobles, cultures grow into culture or divide and stultify.
Moslems are people, Islam is a cult (a critical distinction deceitfully blurred by the appeasers)
Islam is bigotry on steroids, proclaimed as such in its holy books.
PEGIDA appears to confront a tribal culture not with culture but with another tribal culture
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 11 January 2016 4:09:05 PM
Julian,
Yeah Pegida are tear gassed and hosed down with water cannon for exercising their democratic rights but the Police don't even turn up when a disco in Bielfeld is stormed by 500 migrant men and it's patrons attacked.
I'll try and find the video of the German Police response to a riot at migrant hostel, one car turns up with two female officers who flash their lights and say over their loud hailer "Stop fighting, stop at once", then drive away.
Are we in any doubt as to what's happened here? The rulers of Africa and West Asia have simply exported their worst, most troublesome millennials for Europe to look after, the bludgers, the criminals and the religious fanatics.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 11 January 2016 5:47:08 PM
It seems that there is a word for what those men do - if you can remember that American reporter who was stripped and raped in a Cairo demonstration a couple of years back ? The word is 'taharresh', which builds on the contempt that many (perhaps not all) Arab and/or Muslim men have for women, especially if unaccompanied and not in full garb, and the permission the men feel that they have to group together and assault women as they feel like.

Have any imams, sheikhs kadis, etc., condemned these attacks yet ? Have any of them called on Arab/Muslim men to treat women with respect ? Or do they somehow blame it on US imperialism or the West generally ?

To repeat what Henry Ergas says, " .... a country is not a fellowship of strangers; it is a community whose glue comes from shared values. What we owe strangers is not freedom from our values, but the freedom to exercise them."

One of those most precious values - stop me, feminists, if I have this wrong, if I'm being culturally insentitive to Arabs and Muslims - is that women are to be treated properly, with respect, that they can go anywhere without feeling in danger, that they can walk past a bloke without fearing he is about to attack them.

Not that Arab/Muslim men seem to do that on their own - as big, brave men, they only do that in packs.

Taharresh. Remember that word. We will hear it again. And again.

Of course, such incidents as in Koln may be isolated - only one or two last week, one or two this week, one or two next week, one or two the week after.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 12 January 2016 2:06:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy