The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > UN’S decarbonisation mission impossible > Comments

UN’S decarbonisation mission impossible : Comments

By Michael Kile, published 24/12/2015

An international pension fund coalition - co-founded by a UN agency last September - wants to shift at least USD600 billion of other people’s money out of fossil fuels and into renewable energy projects.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Mr Opinion says:

"And the engineers who are successful in the profession are some of the most nastiest horrible people one could ever expect to meet. "

So says Mr Opinion, an ignorant, opinionated, irrational, loony-left ideologue (as clearly demonstrated by some of his comments on this tread).

The opinionated Mr Opinion, who is incapable of arguing a case for his beliefs and substantiating it has some of the most repugnant moral values of anyone. And he continually demonstrates most of the signs of intellectual dishonesty:

http://judithcurry.com/2013/04/20/10-signs-of-intellectual-honesty/
Posted by Peter Lang, Friday, 1 January 2016 2:08:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Peter Lang,

You wouldn't believe how many engineers I have heard say "We're like doctors'. Engineers who have degrees think that because they have done four years at university it means that they have high professional status like medical practitioners. What they don't realise is that it is only engineers who think that.

Again I ask the question: What is your background? I'm starting to think that you are an engineer.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 1 January 2016 3:02:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion,

You seem to have mental issues – demonstrated by your apparent hatred of people who do not accept your beliefs. Your comments about engineers are clearly you projecting (i.e. your comments describe you, not engineers). I guess the engineers you’ve met clearly and quickly identified you as a fool and told you, bluntly.

I have no intention of answering your off topic questions - they are clearly intended as a diversion.

But since you are so keen on asking about people’s background, perhaps you’d like to set an example: What is your name? What is your professional expertise and experience? Who have you worked for and in what roles? What are you professional memberships? Please post a link to your professional biography including a list your publications.

Imagine what would happen to discussion forums like this if everyone posted off-topic questions as you do continually, wrote irrelevant comments and responded to diversionary tactics like you use to disrupt and avoid engaging in debate of relevant topics. I’d suggest to Graham Young you be banned from posting in future for repetitive trolling.

“10 Signs of intellectual dishonesty” http://judithcurry.com/2013/04/20/10-signs-of-intellectual-honesty/

Troll:

“In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Describes your behaviour perfectly.
Posted by Peter Lang, Friday, 1 January 2016 3:44:06 PM
Peter Lang,

I think you have answered my question. I'm convinced that you are only an engineer. That would explain both your lack of knowledge and your nastiness.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 1 January 2016 4:39:02 PM
Alice

I tried to go to the Judith Curry reference...received message "Page Not Found".
It is interesting when Judith Curry responded to the recent paper by James Hansen et al, she made a comment that like James Hansen she saw herself as a maverick. I particularly remembered the comment on the basis of her comparing herself to James Hansen.

As a twenty + year I remember talking with a friend originally from Switzerland who had gone back for a visit. He talked about the jet trails that hadn't been a feature when he had been living in Switzerland. The point being his Swiss mates were telling him that since the jet trails the layman assessment was that the skies were clouding over more quickly. The point being we had quite an interest in climate change in the 70s; most of what I was reading was about climate warming but was aware that cooling was also being considered.

Apparently there were far more papers written about climate warming than cooling.

ExxonMobil has been in the news lately, executives have stated that their scientists working in the 1970s and 1980s held the view of climate warming. Your video seems to be a red herring.

In relation to the media being more active on climate change now compared to earlier times, I'm very aware of a number of situations that have not been generally reported.
Posted by ant, Friday, 1 January 2016 5:49:03 PM
For Curry House Testimony 15 April 2015 link, go to:

http://judithcurry.com/2015/04/15/hearing-presidents-un-climate-pledge/

Extract:

"We have made some questionable choices in defining the problem of climate change and its solution:

The definition of ‘dangerous’ climate change is ambiguous, and hypothesized catastrophic tipping points are regarded as very or extremely unlikely in the 21st century.

"Efforts to link dangerous impacts of extreme weather events to human-caused warming are misleading and unsupported by evidence."

There are: "deep uncertainties surrounding the risks both from the problem and the proposed solutions."

The articulation of a preferred policy option in the early 1990’s by the United Nations has marginalized research on broader issues surrounding climate variability and change and has stifled the development of a broader range of policy options."
Posted by Alice Thermopolis, Saturday, 2 January 2016 10:41:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy