The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From Pol Pot to ISIS: the blood never dried > Comments

From Pol Pot to ISIS: the blood never dried : Comments

By John Pilger, published 18/11/2015

By most scholarly measure, Bush and Blair's invasion of Iraq in 2003 led to the deaths of at least 700,000 people - in a country that had no history of jihadism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
It is really sad that the likes of LEGO and Loudmouth are signing their own death warrants in terms of honesty and true freedom for far less than 30 pieces of silver.

I don't know if Jesus ever existed but this is a good quote. "Forgive them lord for they know not what they are doing." Vladimir Putin echoed similar sentiments recently. The West is totally corrupt and bereft of any moral compass. War and deception are our tools of self actualisation. The West have totally lost the plot.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 20 November 2015 7:28:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Arjay,

Sometimes I don't know whether or not to defer to a far better satirist.

Okay, let's assume you're serious. You would agree that there is quite a multitude of evil forces in Syria, ISIS, Assad, al Qa'ida, the Nusra Front, etc., etc. ? So are you suggesting, quite reasonably in other circumstances, that we oppose all of them, all at once, always ? Strange: I thought that was the US position until, well, until about now.

So ...... what would you propose should be done ? Please don't say 'Nothing, we should all keep out of it', because that really hasn't worked up to date, and it does allow others, such as Russia and Iran, to orchestrate the whole show. And, in the light of what happened in Libya, that does seem to be the strategy that the Americans have followed, a sort of default position of doing nothing much.

I've got news for you, Arjay: it hasn't worked.

So like it or not, nose-pegs and all, the West is forced to support the less worst war-criminal in this mess, i.e. Assad, in order to focus everybody's attention on ISIS, the worst worst war-criminal. Assad's turn can wait.

If possible, fight one enemy at a time. Perhaps first eliminate some of the really bad ones who are more easily disposed of, like the al-Nusra Front, but the main focus should be on ISIS. I'm sorry if that upsets some of the left but that's how it seems to me.

Surely, from your point of view, that should especially be the task, given that ISIS may have been set up by the US ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 20 November 2015 8:01:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Due to Germany's and other Eurpean countries' wrongheaded invitation for 100,000s of "Syrian" refuges to crowd into Europe Australia agreed to take 12,000.

A big debate is going on that most into Australia should be the most oppressed minority Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians and Jews from Syria. Other liberal wets (like PM Turnbull) say Muslims should form a large proportion.

Australian government assurances that all Muslim refugees will be security checked [ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/paris-attacks-stringent-checks-on-would-be-refugees/story-fni0cx12-1227610082698 ] before entry are rubbish.

Its the young Muslim refugee sons under 10 who form the greatest security threat once they grow up in Australia. By the time they are 16 they are easy meat for IS recruitment - mainly stabbing or shooting policemen in Australia...
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 21 November 2015 3:16:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would think that the likes of Dr Paul Craig Roberts, http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-paris-terrorist-attacks-and-the-official-story-the-matrix-extends-its-reach/5489014 and John Pilger have far more honesty an integrity than all the Zionist fascists on this planet.

Anyone who believes the lies of MSM and their Govt is a fool.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 21 November 2015 3:47:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Criminally insane Senator Lindsey Graham wants war with Russia.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7Fz0d9H8M
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 21 November 2015 4:56:56 PM
'I don't know if Jesus ever existed but this is a good quote.' says it all Arjay. How ignorant does one want to remain.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 21 November 2015 5:05:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy