The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Deuce? Why women continue to experience sexism in tennis > Comments

Deuce? Why women continue to experience sexism in tennis : Comments

By Alexander Morgan, published 18/11/2015

It's not just about prize money. It's about endorsements. It's about media exposure. It's about body image.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
R0bert

Yes, exactly. I think it was Bjorn Borg who, when asked about the difference between mens' and womens' tennis, said: "They play classical. We play rock 'n' roll."
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 19 November 2015 12:21:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The women's game has more grunt, far more grunt.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 19 November 2015 12:36:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Tony Lavis

Michelle Jenneke certainly makes hurdling a hot sport Michelle Jenneke http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Kc_XslCUMQU/UBITTK3ad7I/AAAAAAAADnE/vy7YFHi1ykI/s1600/michelle-jenneke-dance-routine.jpg
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 19 November 2015 12:39:15 AM
For once I agree with OTB.
I won't watch women's tennis at all because of the horrible grunts too many of them make.

Sexism should not be allowed in any sport.
However, in tennis women only have to play three sets at the most, so of course they shouldn't get the same prize money as the men.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 19 November 2015 1:04:53 AM
Natasha you look a lot like Charlotte Rampling.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 19 November 2015 7:07:00 AM
No she doesn't, Charlotte Rampling is old.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 19 November 2015 7:17:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy