The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Paris, the terrorists' magnet > Comments

Paris, the terrorists' magnet : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 16/11/2015

During the 1970s and 1980s, Paris again made the news for reasons of terrorist violence. The protagonist in this case was an enterprising 'Carlos the Jackal'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
A bit of a "Yes/No" answer there Steeledux. Yes we should help Yazidi not suffer genocide but (no) it was done the wrong way. I don't think there is aright and wrong way to stop genocide.

I understand, and fully agree with, the arguments that the problem muhammadans are but a small fraction of the total numbers. Nonetheless they are a much much larger fraction than, say, the problem buddhists within their community. The two major problems are that the troubles tend to start with the second generation and they are relatively easily radicalised because their sacred texts lend themselves to murder, terrorism and rejection of our values.

" If FGM is one of your concerns"
Well I haven't mentioned it so I'm a little confused by the segue. But it ought to be everyone's concern. I recognise that the abomination is more cultural than religious so, as with all things cultural should be left at home by refugees we take. Otherwise the full force of the law should be applied. But we have several thousand 'procedures' done each year with very few prosecutions...well a good multicultural society needs to be 'sensitive' on such issues. </sarc>

" I take issue with extreme forms of any religion."
Well I don't see the type of religion practiced by ISIL as being the extreme form of Islam. It is Islam. It is taking the full body of the sacred texts and applying them. The moderates are turning there gaze away from the Medina Koran and looking only at the Meccan texts. And that's good. But its also fraught and its why the sons of moderates, when exposed to the Medinan texts by radicalising elements are, seemingly, easily turned. It will always be thus, until such time as Islam finds a way to its own reformation.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 21 November 2015 8:55:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Due to Germany's and other Eurpean countries' wrongheaded invitation for 100,000s of "Syrian" refugees to crowd into Europe Australia agreed to take 12,000.

A big debate is going on that most into Australia should be the most oppressed minority Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians and Jews from Syria. Other liberal wets (like Turnbull) say Muslims should form a large proportion.

Australian government assurances that all Muslim refugees will be security checked [ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/paris-attacks-stringent-checks-on-would-be-refugees/story-fni0cx12-1227610082698 ] before entry are rubbish.

Its the young Muslim refugee sons under 10 (who are too young to be security checked) who form the greatest security threat. By the time they are 16 they are easy meat for ISIS recruitment - mainly stabbing or shooting policemen in Australia...
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 21 November 2015 3:20:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

The initial action may well have been justified but this has now turned into 14 months of bombing from the air in a manner not designed to permanently destroy ISIS but to corral them into fighting Assad's forces – a tactic basically admitted to by the US. That protracted period of dropping bombs from 40,000 feet by a small group of Western nations likely led to the deaths of hundreds of civilians in France, Turkey and on-board that Russian flight. That is a wrong way.

When you write;

“Well I don't see the type of religion practiced by ISIL as being the extreme form of Islam.” it surely allows the retort 'Well I don't see the pogrom practiced in the name of Jesus by Hitler as extreme'. If you accept them both then I have little to argue with you.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 21 November 2015 11:49:58 PM
"'Well I don't see the pogrom practiced in the name of Jesus by Hitler as extreme'."

You 'think' Hitler acted in the name of Jesus? Now THAT'S extreme.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 24 November 2015 2:30:46 PM
Dear mhaze,

Well thankfully my friend this is quite easily resolvable.

I shall put forward my evidence and you can put forward yours and we will see where we land.

This is what Jesus thought of the Jewish leadership;

From Matthew;

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.”

“You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?”

“Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city”

When the Jews took Jesus to Pilate they said; “His blood be on us, and on our children.”

From John;

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

Even Paul got into the act;

“You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.”

So what did Hitler think? Well these are his own words;

““And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his
estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove
those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God.”
Mein Kampf pp.174

Cont...
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 24 November 2015 4:52:31 PM
Cont..

“I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of
the Almighty Creator.”
Mein Kampf_, pp. 46

And this from his Munich speech in 1922

“My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
are plundered and exposed.”

These are my reasons for 'thinking' he felt he was acting in Jesus' name. I await your evidence to the contrary.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 24 November 2015 4:54:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy