The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rampant academic dishonesty is destroying Malaysia's soul > Comments

Rampant academic dishonesty is destroying Malaysia's soul : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 13/11/2015

Academic dishonesty is not just an education issue, it's also prevalent within the civil service, business, and even political walks of life within society.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Anyone called RICHARD RIOT, Johnny Rotten or Sid Vicious are always suspect.

The problem with what I still call Malaya is the brain drain down the gurgler. Once ethnic Chinese and Indian umm Malaysians realise that pro-Malay quotarism favours Malays in so many ways C's and I's leave town and study overseas like in Oz.

For those leaving KL's dusty streets its a case of Will the Last Genius Out turn out the light and if the door says "Push" you Push not Pull.

Doh!
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 13 November 2015 10:55:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmm. A bad case of certificate-itis.

The cure is for universities not to issue degrees for occupational licensing by government, which has become their main function, rather than critical inquiry per se, and knowledge for its own sake.

But perish the thought! Then their comfortable symbiosis with the State, and precious benefice as holy guardians of the privileged knowledge would evaporate, and they'd be stuck with selling their knowledge at the market rate.

And we know which way their income would go then, don't we?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 13 November 2015 1:01:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was expecting a different article. I expected an exposé of the current system of applications for research grants.

You know the thing, they write their conclusions, obtain the grant, then run around desperately falsifying their experiments to get the answer they first promised.

Climate science, economics & social science, [oxymoron anyone?] are all practiced this way completely, as are many others.

I guess I should have known this bloke was too young to want to be forcefully retired just yet, for telling the truth.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 13 November 2015 5:00:02 PM
I don't know what this tells us, except Malaysia is a Muslim oriented society overseen by finger wagging judgmental Muslims?

However, show me a perfect society that upholds the rights of the weak and vulnerable without exclusion?

We for our part remain almost alone as a so called liberal western society, that still has not granted its its citizens an irrevocable bill of human rights! So where do we get off lecturing the Malaysians!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 13 November 2015 5:45:52 PM
Islamic societies are extremely corrupt. So, what is the big surprise there, Murray? If you ever bothered to look at the internet's web page comparing corruption levels between countries, protestant Christian societies are the cleanest, and Muslim, Asian, and African countries are the dirtiest. Perhaps you should remember that when you write another whitewash on Islam.

According to your CV you are a pretty smart guy, Murray. How is it that a smart guy like you can be an apologist for a religious ideology which not only is a complete failure, but insists that it has a duty to take over the world? Maybe if all Muslims had blond hair and blue eyes and screamed "Heil Hitler!" instead of "Allah Akhbar!", the penny might drop.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 14 November 2015 2:32:31 AM
plantagenet, true.

Jardine K Jardine, it goes deeper than markets forces which are not always right either. 300 odd years ago in Scotland is where you will find the answers to the problem. Also in the land of OZ before 1960. Our entire education system was better then than it is now. UN-do, UN-change & UN-reform everything done to education since about 1960 & we will be on top of the heap again.

Hasbeen, true.

Rhosty, we do have a bill of rights already, the communists lied to you about that, but you are right about islam being the problem.

LEGO, spot on as usual.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Saturday, 14 November 2015 5:40:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy