The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The iron law of terrorism prevention > Comments

The iron law of terrorism prevention : Comments

By John Tomlinson, published 19/10/2015

The more spooks, spies and spivs we employ to spy on our and other citizens the outcome, in terms of the safety of our citizenry, is diminished.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Depends on the interpretation of the word terrorist really. This article drifts far away from the subject, becoming an anti-government rant.
But isn't the problem with this country more related to crime? excluding petty crime from the list of negatives, major crime seems to go forward with impunity.

Money laundering through real estate deals is endemic .
http://www.smh.com.au/business/property/criminals-target-australian-real-estate-to-launder-money-report-finds-20150602-ghet5t.html

This criminal activity rates a few stars above children pretending to be a terrorist.

We have major political parties badly tainted with corruption, and bleeding credibility all over the floor.

It is becoming pinfully obvious, terrorism hype is just that; a smoke screen for governments to run from the real and important issues effecting Australian communities.

Terrorism is NOT one of them...
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 19 October 2015 2:37:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This bloke is John Pilger the Second.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 19 October 2015 2:42:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ybgirp, we have freedom of movement, so why don't you leave, take Tomlinson with you to North Korea, i am sure you would both be happier there.

diver dan, both are a problem & corrupt politicians don't want to do anything about it. they are completely addicted to multi culti & real estate based taxation.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Monday, 19 October 2015 3:21:25 PM
Hi imacentristmoderate

I think we should be generous toward ybgirp, because the poor bugger, like the author, is clueless. Maybe the RSPCA will extend an enclosure to them or perhaps Putin, much loved by the left, can spare Gulag apprenticeships.

Still, I feel a tad guilty toward Orangutans and spivs in comparing them to the author.

If nothing else the article casts plaudits on the quintessional Spiv, Arfur Daley, who only departed this mortal coil recently https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Cole_(actor) and is sorely missed.

Tossing a bone to the author - he appears to have lifted the wording and spirit of an earlier statement - which on September 8 was:

"I almost choked on my Weaties when I heard Abbott was sending Minister Dutton, OberFuhrer Border Force Blackshirts, to Europe concerning an Off Water Syrian refugee matter." http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=17653#312183

But the author won't let his stale left mythology rest.

Cheers

Poida
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 19 October 2015 3:46:20 PM
Hi ttbn

I think your comparison with Pilger is rather unfair. I disagree with most of what Pilger writes, and he’s also a rank ideologue, but at least he is an intelligent and competent one.

For all his many failings, Pilger can write and string together a coherent argument, and occasionally has done some good investigative reporting. He actually researches his subjects, rather than re-combining stale ideological clichés. And he doesn’t score cheap points with puerile puns like “the Australian Federal (read Feral) Police “

None of that can be said for John Tomlinson
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 19 October 2015 7:54:11 PM
The author may be a Muslim apologist however he is on to something.

Read the following to see where we are being led by the good ol US of A;

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176056/tomgram%3A_engelhardt%2C_creating_an_un-intelligence_machine/

Silly but scary at the same time!
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Monday, 19 October 2015 8:31:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy