The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The deconstruction of gender > Comments

The deconstruction of gender : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 29/9/2015

The title of my paper is 'The Deconstruction of Gender', but it is really about the deconstruction of reality and what is bordering on a collective insanity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Thank you for the information, JustGiveMeALLTheFacts,

But rather than chemical pollution, is overpopulation not the predominant factor in neutralising sexuality?
In any case, is not overpopulation the root cause for the production of those endocrine disrupting chemicals?

Isn't it a pity that we had to reach this stage and suffer those pollutants instead of using our intelligence and will-power much earlier to overcome the tyranny of our genes?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 7 October 2015 1:36:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,
ALL the endocrine disrupting chemicals(EDC's) have alternatives that are inert and similar priced. Companies have over produced these chemicals and don't want to get caught holding the baby, so to speak.
In Europe they fought EDC's right up until they signed a free trade agreement with the US only weeks ago.
Over population as an argument is rubbish if you look at distribution studies done in the UK. We (the world) produces 4 times the amount of food then it needs. Our ancient distribution systems (which is based on the Roman model: All roads lead to Rome. Or put another way: All roads lead to our central distribution hub)waste more than is presented to the consumer. Case in point - A company in Nth Qld imports a product. For a shop across the road to sell this product it has to be shipped to the parent company in Brisbane (1000 km away) then sent back up (another 1000 km) to the store across to road. The initial cost if purchased from the importer was about $20.00. The cost from the shop across the road $130.00. After distributor and transport costs. Insane. Banana's grown in Nth Qld have to travel the same distance before the consumer gets them. They could have originally grown in the same town. By the time they travel that far there second or third rate. I could go on.
Posted by JustGiveMeALLTheFacts, Wednesday, 7 October 2015 11:19:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On this topic:

"The word gender has been used since the 14th century as a grammatical term, referring to classes of noun designated as masculine, feminine, or neuter in some languages. The sense ‘the state of being male or female’ has also been used since the 14th century, but this did not become common until the mid 20th century. Although the words gender and sex both have the sense ‘the state of being male or female’, they are typically used in slightly different ways: sex tends to refer to biological differences, while gender refers to cultural or social ones."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/gender#gender__11

So terms like "same sex marriage" are much more recent (in fact can be laughed off in comedy show). For example at the Adelaide Cabaret Festival this year, Anne Wills was asked in a comedy style interview session if she supported same sex marriage - and she gave references to sexual activity that was always the same.

Terms like gay for example, also can be written off by some, as the more historical meaning of this word was happy, and yet a person who is attracted to another person - may be suffering from severe depression.

For myself, I am not attracted to anyone (in terms of a very personal relationship). I'm only attracted to family, friends, volunteering, community and environment.

So when doing an internet search, I was very offended being "told" by a particular group's website in terms of a 'yes' definition of "asexual" on their Q&A page:

http://www.asexuality.org/home/?q=general.html#ex2

It says: I don't find anyone sexually attractive. Does that mean I'm asexual?

Answer: By the definition, yes. Again, only you can decide to use asexual as a label for yourself.

Sorry to this group - I am simply myself, I believe what I want and I stand up for myself.

Too many people have been subject to a silent "gun lobby" on a range of issues - including personal choice and this includes relationships.

When I raised to a higher level and decided to go vegetarian, it was my choice, even though my parents didn't support it.
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 7 October 2015 3:20:24 PM
I will let you in on a secret;
I am from the 3rd planet from DG1326 in Sagitarious and there we have
either three or seven genders. Note that 3 & 7 are prime numbers.
So we encode our selves using something like PGP just to confuse the
authorities.
As many of us are living here on earth I must make an official complaint of discrimination
as 50 genders is not enough for us Clydidians.
We have a triple helix dna and I have an objection to the UN's restrictive
classification !

The whole thing makes me insane !
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 10 October 2015 9:52:31 PM
I have just seen the post put up by my arenda self and I object to
sec's comments we must stay strictly in our gender at least until the
next eclipse of the crandeck moon and fental.
We may then divide by any prime number and adopt our new gender.

I offer that technique to you humans of whatever gender.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 10 October 2015 9:58:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy