The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Warning: being a man is a danger to your health > Comments

Warning: being a man is a danger to your health : Comments

By Peter West, published 14/9/2015

Jarryd Hayne will have the money, the power, and the glory. I hope he knows the risks.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Roscop

I have seen no evidence or studies that show women
Are less happy since feminism.

Only the ones that are still putting up with men in marriages
Where the women hold down jobs and still do all the childcare and housework.

Or marriages where men try to dominate and control them all he time.

Once they make the move to leave those men they become much happier.
I bet that bloke who killed his wife on the Gold Coast was violent and controlling.

After feminism women have control of their own bodies.
Contraception was fought for in a court of law of all male judges if you study your history on it.
Women finally have their own money to make their own choices.
How would you like to be beholden to someone else to give you money for the smallest thing like a milk shake, say.

How would you like to have the worry and care of 10children because you were made to have them. Men don't know what suffering and real hardship is.

My Aunt had 6 kids back in the 1950s era, and all he did was go to the pub
And feel sorry for himself after work and on weekends. My Aunt never had a day or weekend off. He would come home drunk at 10.00 at night and demand the exhausted woman already caring for 6 others cook his tea.
She's had just cooked tea for 6people and washed up for God sake.
I can't tell you the times I have heard these same stories from women over the years.

And judging by the behaviour I see fromi Isis and other male dominated socities, I seriously think there is something lacking in men.

Except my Grandsons of course. They are perfect
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 10:12:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CHERFUL

"I have seen no evidence or studies that show women
Are less happy since feminism."

But what about this epidemic of domestic violence they all keep talking about. The Emergency wards at hospitals are choked with battered women. The ABC website has counter on its website that shows how many domestic violence incidents police have attended so far that day. Each incident represents a horribly battered woman. Are the women starting to enjoy a bit of a slap around? It wont be long before the bulk of them are participants in BDSM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-15/a-g-introduces-bill-to-change-qld-domestic-violence-laws/6778706?section=qld

"Men don't know what suffering and real hardship is."

Oh really? You haven't heard of the Burma Railway? What about men trapped down coalmines or the ones that incur terrible injuries or die as result of construction site accidents or suffer asbestosis etc etc?

So that is where we are at in the gender wars...our suffering is worse than yours...crikey!

"He would come home drunk at 10.00 at night and demand the exhausted woman already caring for 6 others cook his tea."

Are you sure you didn't lift that anecdote straight out of a domestic violence industry brochure. I'm sure I've read stories similar to that a hundred times before...you know the man comes home, the wife doesn't have the meal ready on the table so walks straight up to her and socks her one right in mooosh...it doesn't matter that she had put all the housekeeping money he had given her through the pokies. It seems there is only one reason why women get belted up by their hubbies and that is because didn't have warm din dins ready on the table for the man with a skinfull when he walked in through the door.
Posted by Roscop, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 12:03:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Domestic violence isn't new

It was just hidden more in earlier times.
Like the sexual abuse in the church was kept hidden
Another indictment on the suffering caused to those innocent children in their care
By men.

Women won't cop it quietly anymore they fight back and they have
The financial support to leave. Men can't take the fact that they
Can't exert dominance and control over women and they react violently.

i assure you my Aunts husband did the things I said he did.
He tries to deny it now, his children are grown up. But his oldest daughter, says to
Him. You did do that Dad, I was there."
She won't let him get away with denying it.

Of course it sounds like a typical domestic violence situation,
Because there is so much of it. As I said I've heard a lot of stories
When I've been with different groups of women over the years.

It is surprising how common the behaviour is. The wanting to dominate and control women.
Men are like big Bulls out in the paddock trying to herd all the females.

Our own government runs those how to be a Dad adds on TV.
Says a lot about the failure of men I think.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 17 September 2015 11:20:37 PM
<Studies That Prove Domestic Violence Is an LGBT Issue

Two studies refute myth that intimate-partner violence is not an LGBT crisis.

SEPTEMBER 04 2014 4:00 AM EDT

The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1% and 20.4% for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation. Transgender respondents had an incidence of 34.6 percent over a lifetime according to a Massachusetts survey.

The CDC’s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, released again in 2013 with new analysis, reports in its first-ever study focusing on victimization by sexual orientation that the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence, or stalking by an intimate partner was 43.8 percent for lesbians, 61.1 percent for bisexual women, and 35 percent for heterosexual women, while it was 26 percent for gay men, 37.3 percent for bisexual men, and 29 percent for heterosexual men (this study did not include gender identity or expression).

These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter — in other words, that domestic violence is not an LGBT issue. In fact, it is one of our most serious health risks, affecting significant numbers within our communities.>

http://www.advocate.com/crime/2014/09/04/2-studies-prove-domestic-violence-lgbt-issue
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 18 September 2015 1:14:44 AM
<Domestic Violence Against Men: Women More Likely To Be 'Intimate Terrorists' With Controlling Behavior In Relationships
Jun 30, 2014

Science debunks the "women are the gentler sex" myth, finding they are more likely to be "intimate terrorists," or hit their male partners in relationships.
The findings revealed just as many women as men could also be classed as abusive, coupled with controlling behavior with serious levels of threats, intimidation, and physical violence. Women were more likely to verbally and physically aggressive to their partners than men. “This study found that women demonstrated a desire to control their partners and were more likely to use physical aggression than men. “It wasn’t just pushing and shoving,” said Bates, Medical Xpress reported. Some of the survey respondents circled boxes for things like beating up, kicking, and even threatening to use a weapon.

However, when it came to terms of high levels of control and aggression, there was no difference between men and women. There was a higher prevalence of controlling behavior seen in women than men, which was found to significantly predict physical aggression in both sexes. In other words, the more controlling behavior a woman displayed, the more likely she would an “intimate terrorist,” or physically aggressive to her partner.

"This was an interesting finding. Previous studies have sought to explain male violence towards women as rising from patriarchal values, which motivate men to seek to control women's behavior, using violence if necessary,” Bates said. This suggests IPV may not be motivated by patriarchal values, and should be further studied with other forms of aggression. The stereotypical popular view, although still dominant, is being challenged by research over the last ten to 15 years, shedding light on male domestic violence.
According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, men and boys are less likely to report the violence and seek services due to several challenges such as the stigma of being a male victim. Sixteen percent of adult men who report being raped or physically assaulted are victims of a current or former spouse, cohabitating partner, boyfriend/girlfriend, or date.>
http://tinyurl.com/oxwsq7t
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 18 September 2015 1:31:07 AM
Hope he is not silly enough to get married. Once his career is over the she usually divorces, takes the money and kids and leaving him with only the injuries he has acquired. Seen an injured NRL tossed on the street.
Posted by McCackie, Friday, 18 September 2015 9:27:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy