The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Warning: being a man is a danger to your health > Comments

Warning: being a man is a danger to your health : Comments

By Peter West, published 14/9/2015

Jarryd Hayne will have the money, the power, and the glory. I hope he knows the risks.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I think marriage and male partners are really bad for female health and happiness.

And all the statics and surveys back this up.

A happiness study recently showed that men are happier and live
Longer with a woman in their life.

But the opposite was true for women
Who were much happier single especially after divorce or widowhood.

A lot of the problems in countries at war around the world are caused by male
Dominance not to mention the overpopulation. 7billion and rising rapidly.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 14 September 2015 10:13:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Plantagenet, you would be surprised how many women appreciate a man with a well-endowed intelligence :)

I actually agree with the author about all the dangerous sports men (and some women ) play, especially boxing and rugby.

The number of men with dreadful brain injuries from boxing, such as dementia and Parkinson's disease, has increased as our population increases.
I have cared for many young, fit men who have broken their necks or backs from rugby, and it is truly heartbreaking to watch them fall apart, along with their family, team members and friends, as they realize this paralysis is with them for life.

I believe boxing and rugby scrums should be banned. We can at least make laws against them, if not for all the other dangerous pursuits that some men want to do.
Men are the greatest critics of other men as far as suggesting they aren't 'manly enough' unless they agree to do some sort of dangerous behaviour.

Most women, like myself, are not fans of any dangerous activity or sport for either themselves or their men, and I don't care whether that makes me old-fashioned or not.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 14 September 2015 10:31:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@CHERFUL "I think marriage and male partners are really bad for female health and happiness."

Yes my understanding is that since the advent of feminism women have never been more unhappy than what they are today. I think that is a real hoot.

As to health, I also agree that marriage and male partners are really bad for female health. In fact I think it can be quite dire for a woman's health, particularly if she nicks off with the kids with or without taking advantage of our fundamentally flawed family and domestic violence laws (and soon to become even worse), and separating them from a father who has not been found guilty of any offence, to say the Gold Coast hundreds of kilometers from where they lived as a family.
Posted by Roscop, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 12:05:47 AM
Thanks Suse

There's hope for me yet.

Perhaps Real Man Abbott can take a sharky dip in NSW North Coast waters before being banished to that rumoured job - Ambassador to the Holy See (Vatican).

I hear Abbott and Pell have much to plot https://youtu.be/hffKbs47ijc

Planta
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 12:18:05 AM
Lol Plantagenet : )
I am not sure if Abbott will still be talking to Pell now though...as obviously even the prayers from an Archbishop at the Vatican didn't help him tonight.

Anyway, I am out of here before another thread is taken over by the anti -female groupies.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 1:14:21 AM
Suseonline, "Most women, like myself, are not fans of any dangerous activity or sport for either themselves or their men, and I don't care whether that makes me old-fashioned or not"

If you were less set in your ways you might have some chance of identifying risks and you would be less prone to imposing bans for anything you take a dislike to.

To take an example from an area of my own volunteering, albeit exclusively saltwater and surf side, the incidence of drownings is not dropping. Think inland fresh water as the prime contributor.

90% of all drowning deaths are male.

This is meant in the very best way to someone who says she is involved in community health, where the message needs to get through.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 8:24:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy