The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We need a fair go for all > Comments

We need a fair go for all : Comments

By Michael Costello, published 12/8/2015

How dare we lecture China and North Korea on human rights when we allow our own people to live in such poor conditions? It wouldn't be tolerated if they were white.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Michael, I shall leave aside all the obvious howlers and lies in your piece. One thing is clear to me after my almost 60 years and it is that until aboriginal people start taking responsibility for their own lives they will not get ahead. Government money and programs cannot and will not heal their woes.
Posted by Sparkyq, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 9:02:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes sure, an inherently fair go is on the table; but not if you withdraw into isolated communities as visible as the dark side of the moon; or refuse to send the kids to school!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:15:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The rubbish you get from the inner city chattering classes.

Aboriginals on settlements, after all their allowances are added receive above the average wage in welfare.

Not only do they have too much money, they are not penalised for non payment of rent, electricity etc.

Half of their problem is too much sit down money to spend on grog, as they have little else to waste our taxes on out there.

Do try a little research Michael, before bleeding all over the place, for false causes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:54:11 AM
Dear Saint Michael, is the view from the cross up there any good? Stigmata wounds particularly bad today? Please let me know when you want to come down - the Third World needs the wood.
Posted by Cody, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 11:22:10 AM
God helps those who help themselves. These people don't have any intention of helping themselves.

Aboriginal Academics stand to gain too much from their peoples self inflicted misery. If they fix the problem their generous gratuities' will end. We can't let that happen, eh mate! As told to me by one of the Educated Academic Aboriginal that run one of their organizations.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 12:44:01 PM
People need to want to help themselves. If people in those camps simply picked up the rubbish strewn everywhere, which would seemingly be quite within their capacity to do so, things would already look a whole lot better.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 12:56:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy