The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ireland abandons its children > Comments

Ireland abandons its children : Comments

By David van Gend, published 25/5/2015

More than half the Irish have voted for homosexual marriage, seduced by celebrities to violate something they once held sacred: the life between mother, father and child.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. All
I didn't realise this kind of dinosaur was still extant. David, report to your nearest museum immediately!
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 25 May 2015 7:46:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is this guy really allowed to practice medicine? The AMA is obviously a very broad church...
Posted by Craig Minns, Monday, 25 May 2015 7:56:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done Ireland.
Posted by ponde, Monday, 25 May 2015 8:03:41 AM
This article is over-the-top!

Ireland introduced Civil Partnerships, in 2010, giving same-sex couples rights and responsibilities almost the same as those of civil marriage. The roof did not fall in then. Same-sex marriage is just a small further step.
Posted by Bren, Monday, 25 May 2015 8:56:15 AM
oh the irony, I wonder most people in the street would be more concerned with kiddie fiddling priest then with any made up ideas about guy peoples ability to parent.

The church has lost what moral "authority " it may have had when it was more concerned about protecting it's self then the children.

Well done Ireland, and i hope Australia follows soon. Only thing in the way is the Roman church and its apologist.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Monday, 25 May 2015 9:08:20 AM
Dr van Gend's latest article smacks of hysteria and desperation. His side of the argument know that the old "because the bible says so" arguments they have used in the past hold no weight with the populace. Hence, the recent retreat to "someone think of the children" and other such obfuscations should be seen for what they are: a desperate attempt to cobble to together a faux-secular argument for bigotry.

Dr van Gend and his ilk know full well that they are on the losing side of history. It's now just a matter of time until Australia joins the rest of the developed world and commits to full equality for all of her citizens.

I'm very proud this week to have Irish blood coursing in my veins!
Posted by JBSH, Monday, 25 May 2015 9:27:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy