The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ireland abandons its children > Comments

Ireland abandons its children : Comments

By David van Gend, published 25/5/2015

More than half the Irish have voted for homosexual marriage, seduced by celebrities to violate something they once held sacred: the life between mother, father and child.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All
Re Leo Lane, here are the dots. Join them.

# Leo Lane insisted that the definition of a marriage as between a man and a woman was axiomatic.
# Axiomatic means beyond contradiction or dispute.
# This invalidates any debate over the validity of the definition of marriage in the 2004 Marriage Act.
# The “axiom” proposition is therefore a demand to shut down debate.
# QED

Labelling it the definition spoken by Howard is not an attempt to colour views against it, only to distinguish it from other definitions. I have often referred to the Howard gun laws, as such, with great approval.

PS: Ignorance is far from strength.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Saturday, 13 June 2015 7:57:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Debate may have shut down on this thread, but not because it has been accepted that marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

There are still those who put forward the untenable assertions of same sex marriage, and the baseless “marriage equality”.
We all have equal rights to marriage, which is a union between a man and a woman. A relationship between same sex couples is not marriage. They should work out what they want it called, and seek social acceptance of it, not attempt to establish a parasitic existence of such “unions” within the established institution of marriage..
The triumph of the homosexual political activism lobby in the result of the referendum has no future.
It will be backed by a spurious redefinition of marriage, by statute, which will become bogged down in the endless difficulty generated by such clumsy attempts at social engineering. The unintended consequences will surface, some sooner, some later, but our time honoured social structure will reassert itself.
This thread to a large measure contained insults to the author, with no reasoned opposition to his views, some complaining that he is even permitted to express such views.
He was referred to as a dinosaur, and directed to report to a museum.
Given the cunning of the homosexual political lobby, the supporters of the baseless same sex “marriage”, and “marriage equality” concoction, which has been so successful, could be designated outhouse rats, and directed to report to the nearest outhouse, if the debate were to be dragged down to that level.
It has descended to a disgraceful level in the aspersions cast on the good doctor’s professional capacity, with no basis other than a desire to insult him for presenting views unanswerable in any rational manner.
As to a purported demand by me, to “shut down debate”.
I merely put forward facts which invalidated the spurious propositions of “same sex marriage” and denial of “marriage equality”. There is no demand to shut down debate, just a demonstration of the pathetic nature of the propositions I have answered.
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 14 June 2015 12:16:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh Gawd, Leo, enough obsessing already.
Posted by Craig Minns, Sunday, 14 June 2015 7:07:27 AM
, Craig, there was no need to remind us that, like Julian, you have no rational observation to make, just a desire to impose a negative label on what is positive and rational, and to which you have no answer..
I cannot say which is the more pathetic, your label of “obsessing”, or Julian’s nonsense of “shut down debate”. A puerile effort from each of you..
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 14 June 2015 11:41:35 AM
Leo, when you start "discussing" rather than "debating" I'll be all ears. As it is, you're simply preaching to the "choir invisibule" (as John Cleese may have put it).

You've also made a bit of a fool of yourself with regard to your assumptions about my own views on religion.

Never mind, mate, you can go on obsessively ranting about whatever it is you're obsessed about and the rest of us can get on with more important things and the world will not stop turning.

And in a couple of years homosexual marriage will be a "thing" and you will be set for a topic to lament about for the rest of your life.

God is indeed good...
Posted by Craig Minns, Sunday, 14 June 2015 12:13:30 PM
Craig:"You've also made a bit of a fool of yourself with regard to your assumptions about my own views on religion."
I have made no assumption, or even given any thought to your views on religion. I would be interested to know what I have said that you have interpreted in such a way as to believe that I had. Have you confused me with someone else?
Posted by Leo Lane, Sunday, 14 June 2015 2:02:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy