The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anti-semitism and Israel’s moral imperative > Comments

Anti-semitism and Israel’s moral imperative : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 8/5/2015

Horrific outbursts against the Jews are on the rise all over Europe – exclamations like 'gas the Jews' and 'Jews burn best' are being heard at soccer games and similar social gatherings.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The current wave of Anti Semitism is mainly rooted in the problems caused by secular, progressive American Jews who relentlessly bait Europeans with Europhobic films, books and plays and gloat over the destruction of their societies. The trouble makers and pot stirrers are for the most part neither European Jews nor Israelis but it's these diaspora fanatics who are responsible for the rise in Anti Semitism among indigenous Europeans
The fact that the "Holocaust" narrative and it's slogans have been turned around and are now mocked on the terraces of stadiums and in the streets shouldn't come as a surprise, the WW2 atrocity stories promoted by the American media are risible and invite mockery.
There's a difference too between guilt and shame, the American Jews have promoted the idea of collective European guilt and woven a fictional narrative of poisonous showers and fiery furnaces to support it while completely ignoring the shameful ways in which Jews were actually treated in the 1940's. Young Europeans might rightly feel ashamed of the massacres, deportations and daily cruelties and indignities meted out to Jews of that era but they're not guilty of any crime and no amount of guilt tripping can make such a charge stick.
Unfortunately now given the compounding factor of a separate set of grievances from Europe's Islamic colonists the situation is probably beyond repair, maybe European Jews need to stand up and make their own case as authentic Europeans and not take a side?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 8 May 2015 9:24:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Giday Alon

Methinks you have over-intellectualised a Jewish-Israeli centric theory of history, politics and sociology.

Is not the root of the problem that Israelis are a powerful, but, minority population of whites in a region of brown Muslims?

After all only whites are accused of racism and apartheid, right?

Shiites can kill Sunnis and visa versa all over the Middle East but the term racism is not applied to them because they are almost all brown.

If you are black in Africa the racism tag is not applied to you no matter how many Christian Africans kill Muslim Africans, Tutsies vs Hutus, black Africans vs ethnic Indian Africans, black Africans discriminating against the remaining whites in Zimbabwe.

What I'm saying is that white Jews are stuck in the decidely brown Middle East because Jews were prevented from forming a country in Europe or even owning land in Europe.

So-called Jewish racism is just one small subset of a wider description of all whites being described as potentential racists.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 8 May 2015 10:56:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What an excellent article. It gets right to the nub of the problem without overstating the case. The two previous posters, as do many on this forum, want to introduce red herrings into the argument instead of making reasoned comment.
"What has added potency to the substantial rise in anti-Semitism in recent years is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Israel’s defiance of international norms of conduct, its leaders’ sense of righteousness and arrogance, and the image they project to the outside world."
That is what it is all about.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 8 May 2015 11:51:58 AM
I don't think it's any more horrific than what occurs elsewhere, where say, a black man might be compared to a monkey and jeered of the ground!

And how much of that angst is created in Israel, and by the actions of a few, just to continue to wield power.

The Jews need to take a good long hard look at themselves, and stop behaving like a modern day oppressive SS, and indeed, stop annexing (stealing) even more land from the other, sons and daughters of Abraham, who arguably have far more valid (God gave this land to me) claims!

A bit more Introspection and less blame shifting please Al.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 8 May 2015 12:00:38 PM
Pete,
Recent genetic studies have busted a few myths about European Jews.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-08/eu-aoa082610.php
I don't know if Jews are the victims of a more general anti White or self hating White sentiment,it's possible I suppose but aside from the constant braying of the secular American Jews and the view from Israel we don't hear much from the other populations scattered about the globe.
How serious can indigenous European Anti Semites be taken if they're simply taking Jewish propaganda and yelling it back at them?
The whole thing is stupid but if the hooligans were chanting "Hitler was innocent!" that'd probably be something to worry about, singing "Gas the Kikes" isn't even really anti Semitic, it's just offensive behaviour to be filmed by the participants and posted to Facebook, "Look at me! "Look at me!"
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 8 May 2015 12:09:42 PM
VK3AUU,
It's not really a red herring, how does the author come to the conclusion that footy hooligans yelling "Jews burn best" is a threat and not just typical European ethnomasochism? You don't go to jail in Europe for saying "Hitler was right" but if you say half a million died instead of six million you're toast, do you understand what I'm saying?
American Jews came are the most invested the idea that their ancestors were subjected to gassing and burning, not Europeans, when I see a march commemorating Kristallnacht or Babi Yar then I'd be convinced that something more was afoot on the continent.
It's pretty easy to make a taunt from a fiction:
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v07/v07p389_Faurisson.html
Not so easy to show that kind of bravado in the face of facts:
http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/staticpages/290.html
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 8 May 2015 12:28:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy