The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The art of redemption: Myuran Sukumaran's legacy > Comments

The art of redemption: Myuran Sukumaran's legacy : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 1/5/2015

'You can't paint without connecting, especially not the way Myu paints and I think it is soul work. My hope is that he is connecting his soul to them.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
But...the moment a drug runner straps on 10kg of heroine and boards a plane, they cease to become human.
So in my mind, this article is a classic study on stupidity and over sensitive diatribe.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 1 May 2015 9:03:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oh gee i'll say it Hitler liked to paint water colours, so what.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Friday, 1 May 2015 10:20:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This sentimentaliy over a criminal drug smuggler is insulting to the families of his victims. Of course he as going to claim redemption. They all do when they get caught. Redemption, real or faked, is not a substitute for a law abiding, decent and honest life. What is done is done. He committed the crime. He paid the Indonesian price. Had he been caught in Australia, he would have been free to return to his vile ways after a derisory jail sentence. There would have been no talk of redemption then, and he would not have a warped cult following - he would have been ignored like any other anti-social criminal.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 1 May 2015 11:43:22 AM
The real 'kicker' for me in all of this fiasco is the fact that he was in custody for approximately a decade before being actually killed for his crime. That to me smacks of the highest class of sadism imaginable. Crappy system that does a great job of 'rehabilitation' right?? Its like he's being punished twice!

If this is Indonesian justice, then it's a place I will avoid forever... & certainly will not recommend it to anyone I know.
Doesn't matter if he actually did the crime or not, that will probably be a matter of dispute forever due to their lack of judicial transparency & accountability, the fact is he got caught and this is what they do to them...
Posted by Rojama, Friday, 1 May 2015 12:50:32 PM
The canonisation of two convicted drug traffickers continues.

The media and commentariat are milking it for all it is worth and more. They are shameless.

More bottom feeding stuff for the tabloids and their manipulators (and manipulated herd) to come, featuring the alleged attempting trafficking out of China of 30kg of methamphetamine.

If proved, that foiled attempt is a possible one million possible young Australians whose futures were saved, from that threat at least.

Amazingly, in 'Progressive', politically correct Australia, trafficking large quantities of hard drugs that are known to result in serious harm to hundreds of thousands, many being school kids, and death to some, is coming to be regarded in some quarters as a not so very serious offence(!). -Out in ten apparently and 'progressive' opinion might regard them as the victims instead. Society's fault. Ned Kellys, eh, what?

The Chinese authorities who allege they have prevented 30kg of 'ice' arriving in Oz will doubtless be denounced by the feckless Oz media, the commentariat and that protest party as corrupt and so on.
In Oz, the lunatics are in charge of the asylum, or think they are
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 1 May 2015 1:36:16 PM
We the tax payers could only hope repatriation costs for the remains of these scum bags, from Indonesia to Australia, is not borne by us.
If so, maybe a painting or two by Sukumaran could be donated to Canberra to hang beside "Blue Poles" as compensation.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 1 May 2015 2:00:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy