The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The art of redemption: Myuran Sukumaran's legacy > Comments

The art of redemption: Myuran Sukumaran's legacy : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 1/5/2015

'You can't paint without connecting, especially not the way Myu paints and I think it is soul work. My hope is that he is connecting his soul to them.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
If that garbage is a legacy, god help us. The mind that created the muck must be a terribly dark place.

What I want to know is, who was paying for the battalion of lawyers who kept the constant appeals going for years?

I sure hope it wasn't the Oz taxpayer.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 1 May 2015 2:04:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I notice that this is the same scribbler who brought us such gems as "Bouncing back", a story about the artistic merits of semi-naked women in newspapers, "Flicking the bean on screen", on the topic of the artistic merits of masturbation in the movies, "Show us your corpse", on the employment of dead bodies as art, and so on.

She now brings us a story about the artistic "merit" in the work of a prisoner on death row, who takes up painting to pass the time, as if the fact of his impending execution somehow infuses him with talent.

Give me a break.

It's the secular equivalent of "I was a convicted drug smuggler, but now I've found God", and equally specious.

The only praise for his work comes from that daisy-chain of fellow-painters, a bunch of equally talentless drones who may be relied upon to see genius in each others' work where others see none.

(In the author's favour, she does confess in her bio that she "likes to take her academic research to the mass media and to provoke debate." So it is quite possible that she doesn't mean a word of what she says, she's just seeing how well we react to the provocation of a load of mindless drivel.)
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 1 May 2015 2:11:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rojama,

Good idea. I wouldn't go to Indonesia either, and I'm not a drug smuggler.

Ever thought that that could be the whole idea of the death penalty? To actually stop the the insidious trade. They don't care whether you or I go there or not; but they are determined to stop drug smugglers and, in doing so, they are helping Australia.

If, as has been suggested, the AFP tipped off the Indonesians about these two criminals, I say good! We all know the paltry penalties they would have received here if they had been allowed home to be dealt with.

As for redemption, why is it that the wet-Left is always saying that jailing does no good in Australia, but that redemption works in 'dreadful' Indonesia. We might as well try to redeem a caged laboratory rat.

As for being 'punished twice'. Boo hoo. This is not their first drug crime, and what about the poor fools who kept them in business? Drug smugglers are guilty of, at least, manslaughter of those who have overdosed.

You wonder after all this time whether "he actually did the crime or not? You seriously think that the televised removal of fat packets of drugs from his person was a set up? That his huge troop of lawyers were dud?

Come on, mate!
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 1 May 2015 2:11:32 PM
The death penalty is one issue and making hero's out of drug smugglers is another.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 2 May 2015 8:28:00 AM
Hasbeen and others regarding the two deaths, we all would like to know where the money has come from to pay lawyers and all else the expenses of these two, is there
any way of finding out? it definately should not be the taxpayer, we have had enough of the media reporting on these two drug mules, the writer obviously is quite happy for all the killings and damage caused if they had succeeded in their plan to bring their drugs here.
Folks,Women's Day, New Idea, Who and TV stories will make all those relatives living very wealthy, so they no longer need to worry about day to day living expenses. Crime pays for all those who may have been involved, even the family, it has now all gone.
Posted by Ojnab, Saturday, 2 May 2015 5:55:49 PM
Wonder if Evelyn Tsitas has ever seen a Person Heroin OD
Evelyn go visit one of the Sydney hospitals on a Saturday night
Then comeback and tell us what you think then of these guys poisoning our children, If these pair hadn't been caught there would be no redemption no they would of just done more and more.
Posted by Aussieboy, Sunday, 3 May 2015 10:13:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy