The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott's Australia: country of lost opportunity > Comments

Abbott's Australia: country of lost opportunity : Comments

By Dino Cesta, published 9/12/2014

Abbott appears more interested in reintroducing knighthoods than re-engineering Australia for the twenty first century to ensure future prosperity for all, as distinct to a select few, Australians.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Somehow I knew this article would degenerate into a nutty Climate Change rant and I wasn't disappointed.

Every time I hear a Lefty praising China, usually about their environmental efforts, I have a good chuckle. Here is a country who has stolen much of its information from US companies, treats its citizens like swill and are focussed on militarism and bullying smaller Asian nations with an expansionist foreign policy. But the Left care not. The Chinese don't care about the environment and resist transparency in relation to their environmental efforts. They simply want money from the West under the guise of Climate money to further their nationalistic ambitions but don't want anyone to know how its spent.

They have been building coal fired power stations like there is no tomorrow.They now have one quarter of the worlds coal fired power stations. All they do is promise to become "greener" and the Left swoon and froth at the mouth in praise.

California and Spain nearly went broke by becoming "greener". California has upwards of 15% unemployment and Spain is still a basket case with 25% unemployment. Going "green" is an economy killer. China knows it and the string along the gullible Left politicians with hollow promises while pushing ahead with their own expansion.
Posted by Atman, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 9:58:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia could of lead the world in Pollution reduction Technologies
We had the head start
Better Solar Panels / Electric cars (nice Holden complex to use )
New Technologies not even Developed Yet
Then we could of Sold this to the World
Attracted Many/Many Dollars in Research and Development
But no we decided to look after Gina
It Doesn't matter if you Believe in the Science we have missed a huge opportunity

The World will go green one-day and we will be forced to pay through the nose for all our energy
Posted by Aussieboy, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 10:26:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very true Aussieboy.
Who to believe though?

Do we believe the world's economists and scientists, or do we believe people like our resident OLO Ol' Boys who blame feminists, non-whites, non -Christian, University educated, non-tradies and....well....ALL females really, for the world's problems?

Yet, they seem to like Abbott......a University graduate. I suppose he ticks all the other boxes though.
Go figure.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 11:01:15 AM
more Abbottphobia as well as criticism for not adopting the climate cha nge religion. No amount of failed predicitions, corruption, contradictory information can move those who need this 'moral ' cause. Just shows when a society trashes truth they then need to adopt a quasi religion. Look at the backers and you will realise why they need this 'moral'cause.

btw did it the Greens try and block an increase to petrol prices. What outright hypocrites. Scotty should of also said that they would refuse to be lectured by Labour/Greens on religion as well as immigration.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 12:12:54 PM
Hi Suseonline

Don't get me started on Abbott. In a moment of wrong-headed weakness I voted for the Liberals (Sept 2013). The result(?) after a cruel attempted Budget and counter-terrorism hysteria (the Night of the 800 Police Raiders for 1 lasting arrest) we are again at war in the Middle East.

The only thing that keeps me going are my shares in Chinese car companies. It is projected that China will be producing 30+ million autos next year. A boom pollution causing industry that any develping, smoke-stack, country would be proud of.

Funny that the types who praise China's climate change Declarations (who don't study the Actions) are the types who praised Mao's "quaint Asian Communism". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward#Consequences

The conclusion? We shouldn't follow political extremes, be they Abbott-Hockey rightwingers, climate change extremists or China's hybrid capitalist-left.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 12:43:23 PM
Oh god, here we go again. Don't you people ever follow the actual facts?

Germany is going broke on it's fool rush into alternate energy, & is rushing the building of a dozen BROWN coal fed power houses just as quickly as it can go, before the lights go out. A good cold spell is all it requires, after billions wasted on windmills & solar panels. It's power is twice the price of France.

The UK will have the lights go out in a cold spell this winter too. They even have all the emergency diesel generators in factories, hospitals & high rise offices, primed to start up to keep the lights on. If CO2 really does warm the place, they will be generating enough to not need heaters.

The factories will have to shut of course, to keep power to the voters, but who needs jobs in a lefty ratbag system of renewable energy.

Of course Dino would employ every one on a gallery, or a film festival, provided the taxpayer subsidise them. Who needs real jobs.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 9 December 2014 1:03:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy