The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Syrian airstrikes: same missiles, different targets > Comments

Syrian airstrikes: same missiles, different targets : Comments

By Peter Coates, published 25/9/2014

In the changeable world of geopolitics where morality is relative Tuesday’s targets were not the Syrian government even though it may have murdered 200,000.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Dearest LEGO

You being a closet septic, white supremicist, an all.

Its time to pay homage to your dusky Bwana
Yo mastah Hussein Obama
Turn North my lad
Bum-up praying
Priestly hip-thrust
Banjos playing.
--

Hi James O'Neill

International law?

Do you doubt the authoritah of Team America?

In a letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, the US argues that the airstrikes were needed to eliminate a threat to Iraq, the US and its allies, citing Article 51 of the UN Charter, which covers an individual or collective right to self-defense against armed attack. see http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/23/us-syria-crisis-un-usa-exclusive-idUSKCN0HI22120140923

---
Daffy, Rhrosty and David G

May the force be with you.

PJC
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 25 September 2014 6:02:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James

'Our stampede to join this latest war staged by the Empire against the latest bogeymen it has created is frightening ... More frightening than a few thousand fanatics.'

That just about sums it all up. The more people wake up to the whole USNATO propaganda/bombing charade, the more over the top the USNATO propaganda/bombing charade becomes.

I've given up on hoping for any rational endgame to this whole nightmare. All I can do is ineffectually grieve for the people whose countries, cultures and lives are being destroyed by the cowardly Western obsession with bombing people from the air. And, make no mistake, aerial bombing is far and away the most cowardly form of warfare there is.

I don't even believe anymore that all this propaganda/bombing has anything to do with oil. It's a combination of a fanatical religious war with the Muslim world, which has been the only real monotheist competitor to Christianity for 1500 years, and the grandiose USNATO obsession to eliminate any group or country that does not kow-tow to its political and financial agenda.

The USNATO eternal war machine has evolved into the most dangerous and destructive force the world has ever seen. I guess for our own emotional and physical survival, we had all better start thinking like Lego, Rhrosty et al and learn to believe everything the USNATO propaganda machine tells us.
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 25 September 2014 7:16:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Something all those serious about terrorism raids should watch and question:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/ Episode 34, 22 September 2014

One young nutter in Melbourne falls short of the vindication readers of The Australian are grasping for.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 25 September 2014 8:16:19 PM
Dearest Plantagenet

According to the scientific work "The Bell Curve" which I have avidly read. the most common IQ score for Asian/Americans is 106 while white Americans score 103. I accept this data as probably being accurate, so I suppose that makes me an Asian supremacist.

To Killarney.

The aim of most military forces in military engagements is to kill the enemy without getting killed yourself. Western military forces are very good at this and they could not care less about your "cowardly" label other than to wonder why they should risk their lives defending specimens like you. My own take is that a Muslim who thinks that dying for Allah will get him into paradise where he can spend eternity screwing 72 "high bosomed, dark eyed bashful houris" is a lot less courageous than an atheist western soldier who, if he is killed on the field of battle, considers it the end of all existence.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 26 September 2014 5:40:58 AM
We really should rename Planet Earth.

We could call it 'Planet Death' or how about 'The Stellar Killing Fields', or even 'Home of the Barbarians' or 'God's Abject Failure' or even 'The Planetary Cesspool'.

Any other ideas?
Posted by David G, Friday, 26 September 2014 9:09:01 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With all due respects to those serving in our ADF, and those who have served in countless conflicts prior to today.

I can only say this... America - Land of the Home Free of the Brave.

No one has yet been brave enough to stand up to the media, the electronic whorehouse and those who fund its ugly & repulsive lies. For any organisation to be really effective they would only need to dispose of a few Ruperts - game, set and match. The rest would soon get the message.

It would indeed be a wonderful thing to behold if the vox populi rose up en mass to decry the media as it is today, & declared a 'War on Media'. Tragically most cannot see below the veneer.

Mark Twain wrote in 1873...below:

"It has become a sarcastic proverb that a thing must be true if you saw it in a newspaper. That is the opinion intelligent people have of that lying vehicle in a nutshell. But the trouble is that the stupid people -- who constitute the grand overwhelming majority of this and all other nations -- do believe and are moulded and convinced by what they get out of a newspaper, and there is where the harm lies."

- "License of the Press," speech, 31 March 1873
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Friday, 26 September 2014 11:43:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All