The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How do Harris's moral flaws affect the value of his ouevre? > Comments

How do Harris's moral flaws affect the value of his ouevre? : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 7/7/2014

There are many others, including founder of the boy scouts Baden-Powell, Field Marshall Montgomery, and authors J M Barrie and Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll), who were also believed to have had had an unhealthy interest in children.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
< I am no fan of paedophiles or of those who sexually assault women or adolescents. I do, however, think that we all have good and bad sides to our characters, and that, if we dismiss the artistic or other work of all those with known dark sides, we will end up shunning some of the great achievements of humanity. >

Absolutely.

< I can't help thinking that the reaction against Harris has been heightened because another celebrity, Jimmy Savile. >

< Harris clearly did not go nearly as far as Saville. >

Not by a million miles.

Thankyou Brendan for putting this issue into its true perspective.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 7 July 2014 8:44:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you/asked\a leading question
i will reveal/the leading ANSWER*

if by/ouevre/your measuring the future value/of his art
its going to tripple/why i hear you ask/his work/his art/now is a secret sign/by design/to help the perverts of innocence align

anything with kids/in it he has captured a new audience
the kiddy perverts never pay the rent/they ruin innocence/open too many eyes.

but the best use/is our leaders needs get suplied
so tey send young fathers to jail/take away kids
the system runs on the blackmail dirt you got on people/and nuthing as usefull to the master controlers running their fiefdoms/that having kiddt dirt on em/sadly its policy[you need have that big stick/to do treasons/like sell telstra/tellecom/and give public sevants their own slush trust pension funds

the dirt runs deep
whats the numbers in jail/they even got their own prisons
their incarceration costs are tripple dopers/in jail with the ones fiddling their kids

rot in hell/its time this abuse system fell
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6462&page=20
Posted by one under god, Monday, 7 July 2014 9:50:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to wonder how much or to what degree the sentiments expressed here are responsible for the depravities of celebrities and other high profile individuals.
It seems many of these individuals firmly believe they are either above the law, or their contributions entitle them to exceptional status. Our politicians clearly and firmly believe they 'deserve' the extraordinary sums we pay them to represent us -despite not being representative of us.
From a moral standpoint, ends never justify means.
Posted by Grim, Monday, 7 July 2014 9:58:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS, "ouevre"? Misspelling fancy words rather detracts from the arty-farty effect methinks.
Posted by Grim, Monday, 7 July 2014 10:01:27 AM
Rolf Harris's conviction has certainly put his achievements under a cloud but just how we should react to the other celebrities names is vary much a case by case basis..

In Lewis Carroll's (Charles Dodgson's) case, although he certainly had an interest in children which later generations would describe as unhealthy.. he did not hurt or molest them/feel them up or any of the things Harris did. He did nothing illegal then and possibly nothing that would be considered illegal now.. (taking pictures of naked children with their consent - dunno how that travels now). None of the children later complained.

Whatever urges he had, he restrained himself. Harris didn't, and he deserves jail, and his body of work should go under a cloud for some years.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Monday, 7 July 2014 10:11:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HOW TO HIGHLIGHT/the dark arts
see that all good true/usefULL beautiful artistic true/goes direct to the higher realms[AND YES THERE ARE A FEW OF HIS WORKS/[AND michal jacksons songs there as well/

but its all about the vibe/of the works
the feelings it awakes/i think an exsample wil better explain

i will use this text
http://www.ghostcircle.com/ebooks/JSM_Ward%20-%20Gone_West.pdf

Chapter XXI In the Third Division. A Library in Hell ...... 132
Chapter XXX The Fifth Division. The Blatant Materialists. Churches in Hell .............................. 153

Chapter XXXII The Sixth Division. A Church and its Vicar ......................................................... 156

ITS NOT BEING PREACHY ITS JUST THE WAY IT IT
scum floats with the cream
till after naturally dying/they get sorted

let god decide
do nt despoil your reality looking at the unclean/obscene
its not fun if it hurts/by their works/and only the vile works go to hell/where more of that ye gave unto others is done unto thee 70 fold

thus dont stain your own soul/by judging anyone
lets god judge/but he in his wisdom/simplt gives more of what you gave

its not rocket science
god=mercyfull/the demons sought much worse
and dam angels only ever seeking to give grace show mercy and support the bit of our beloved god/that needs reside in such evil space/sustaining their vile living reveals his grace

damm preacing
but really/at least look at the plan/sent down
refute that one/if you can\judge ye no-man/nor woman/allow the their innocence/WE ALL DONT NEED UNDERSTAND/only the evil go to/hell

Gone West
Chapter VIII
A Plan of the Spirit Plane
SIXTH TRANCE VISION OF H. J. L., BY J. W.
ON MONDAY, FEB. 9TH, 1914
H. J. L. “For your general convenience let me tell you that this realm is divided as
follows: —
“1. Belief with works.
“2. Belief without works.
“3. Half-Belief.
“4. Unbelief. — Hell.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 7 July 2014 10:20:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy