The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cut spending by cutting government > Comments

Cut spending by cutting government : Comments

By Alex Philipatos, published 30/5/2014

Plans to double the efficiency dividend from 1.25% to 2.25% indicate the government is lazy about designing public service cutbacks.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hi Yuyutsu

Nope. While I consciously procrastinate in writing attempted masterpieces I keep an eye on OLO.

Last Friday's "The circle of life under a regime of inanity" at http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=16361 is free of comments. Take the plunge :)

I've also researched your name and concluded that Yuyutsu, in the Hindu epic Mahabharata, was a son of Dhritrashtra with a Vaishya woman named Sukhada.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 2 June 2014 3:50:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Pete,

I did for the first time post first on an "Article Discussion". Now that article appears on the forum's main page - before that it didn't, so without the latest technical mishap, I wouldn't have known that it exists.

In the Mahabharata, Yuyutsu had the misfortune to be born in the camp of his 100 evil half-brothers, his father being the blind and unjust king, Dhritarashtra.

What was special about him, is that at the critical moment, he took an individual and courageous decision against the tide and deserted his evil family in favour of his righteous cousins, the five Pandavas.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 3 June 2014 12:19:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's no need to cut government spending, the real need is to cut the waste. One such way would be to make merit once again the criteria on which to base public service salaries.
Lefties, if you look up Merit you'll get the meaning of the word explained & don't hesitate to ask to have it detailed if you still don't understand.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 3 June 2014 5:47:54 AM
Hi Yuyutsu

No problem

"The circle of life under a regime of inanity" at http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=16361 was a better than usual article.

I did some searching and found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita . Which include the quote made famous by Oppenheimer.

Robert Oppenheimer, an American Professor of Theoretical Physics and director of the Manhattan Project, learned Sanskrit in 1933 and read the Bhagavad Gita in the original form, citing it later as one of the most influential books to shape his philosophy of life. Upon witnessing the world's first nuclear test in 1945, he later said he had thought:

"I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'" .

Regards

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 3 June 2014 10:39:10 AM
Dear Pete,

<<'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'>>

According to the Bhagavad-Gita 4:7-8, Vishnu - the preserver aspect of God, reincarnates himself age-after-age whenever evil exceeds its boundaries, with the threefold aim of delivering the pious, annihilating the miscreants and re-establishing the principles of religion.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 3 June 2014 11:53:01 PM
Hi Yuyutsu

I've gone out and downloaded the BHAGAVAD GITA in .pdf at http://www.dlshq.org/download/bgita.pdf so as to improve my knowledge of Hindu religion - whenever our comments cross.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 4 June 2014 9:10:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy