The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nature's nature > Comments

Nature's nature : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 27/2/2014

Nature provides an antidote to the violence of human life.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
[please/note..folks..this..is how/things..go
4..///those..2..dumbed down..+..only have the repeating..OF THE mantra

[leT ME REVEAL..IT..IN ACTION

ME<<it took billions..of yeaRS TO..MAKE/THIS..[ape]>>

HE..<<>.Again,..which ape?...All apes?..Yes,..including us.

ME<<..THEN ONLY..100,000 YEARS..TO MAKE/THAT..[you]>>

HE<<..Wrong...Check the video..I linked to again...Your comprehension skills..are appalling...And again,..*we’re..still apes.

me<<..STATE..WHEN chimp/whatever..became man
YOUR Science..says 80/120,thousands of years ago..>>

he<<.There..is no..definitive line.>>[then/says..100,000..LOL.

HE,,<<..If you’re talking..about chimps...to humans,.that never happened...We were..never chimps.>>..[Inversion/perversion?..

That..brings me..to the next point

you..<<..If you don’t..accept evolution..or this scientifically impossible pig-ape-hybrid nonsense..that you..*love so much>>

now hang-on..lesT WE FORGET/earlier/you..said
persisting/in inverting..any/reply..

<<..Fine, OUG...So you don’t believe..the whole pig-ape-hybrid bit>>

me/..i raised/it..as it sounds..reasonable..[i know you..havnt bothered reading the theses..so accept..your statement..as made/by ignorance..to/deceive..?

ditto/you\said..<<..(I suspected you didn’t).>>

SEE/HE\..it..saiD/ONLY..TO STiCK/THIS..next/TWISTER..*IN

he<<..So your pig-ape-hybrid argument..is a meaningless and insincere attempt..to simply ridicule and embarrass.>>

IE/,you<<..then,..according to you,..there is no stuff up
because there was nothing..to be stuffed-up to begin with.>>

then…

YOU<<..100,000 years ago..we were still Homo sapiens
and looked pretty much like we do now.

me<<PLEASE NOTE THE NEEDED CHANGES..FROM Chimp.. into chump>>

ME<<RUBBISH..YOU PRESUME APE/Evolved..into you
but..if pig..thats not aPE/THEN\..YOU STUFFED IT/UP..BADLY>>THEN CONFIRMS IT..by a redirection..based on reference/back to a refuted post..[where hE CUTS OUT..OVER/HALF/THE TIME-LINE..OF/WHALE EVOLUTION..FROM 65 MILLION Years to 15>?..OR 4?..[in his..MISBEGOTTEN/words?]

you<<..It’s a gradual process..that occurs over millions of years.>>

UNLESS ITS A WHALE?

but at/the end..we finaly aGREE..

<<You still can't get your head around..the fact
that species don't give birth..to other species.>>

AHHMEN..to/that
HALLALUEYA..no evolution..into new species.
NO/NEW-genus/FAMLIY ETC..[BUT/BY HYBRIDIZATION/see/HYBRedisaTion
http://www.macroevolution.net/hybrid-hypothesis-section-3.html

**Yes,..there is a 100,000 year mark..that is spoken of..but that doesn’t mean.we were climbing trees and picking fleas..off of each other’s backs 100,001 years ago.>>

prove/it?

<<As for your ‘whale jawbone’ nonsense,..I already,,>>
[AVOIDED..answering by lOGIC/JUST REACTIVE INSANITY....you<< answered this in the first paragraph here…>> http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16065#280906

where..You\he shortened..WHALE Evolution..by 40 million odd years or SO..CUTTING OFF MAny of the so called time/dependent-stePS.. evolutionists/claIM..WHALES..need/TO HAVE EVOLVED..by.

lol

A 49 million year old,..fully aquatic ancient whale fossil would clearly demonstrate..that the younger..so-called ‘transistional’ fossils were,..are..in fact,..as/if\othing..at all

[thus..the proof/for whales..'evolving'..is void..dead/morte

SO..THE PIG HYBRED REMAINS..
DESPITE/YOUR TWISTs/turns...inversions..AND EVENTUAL/SUBVERSION.

its been fun
Posted by one under god, Friday, 28 March 2014 9:10:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, OUG. You're further gone than I thought - and I'm not referring to your creationist beliefs either. As someone who is currently studying criminology, I can only hope - for the sake of public safely - that you are posting this from a secure location. Despite your posting style indictating severe problems, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in regards to your potential to be reasonable because others here treat you in such a way, but they're wrong in doing so.

Goodbye.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 28 March 2014 10:16:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=whale+evolution+timeline&i
I KNOW..YOU CAN COMPREHEND..EVEN YOUR OWN WORDS
SO I FOUND YOU A YOUTUBE CLIP..just two minutes time..and you may have caught UP..ON HOW FINDING A FINISHED 'EVOLUTION..appearing 40 million years before its time..refutES THE THEory of hoW IT 'EVOLVED'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZJrRQONtI
in case you..still..dont get it..another
MAYBE IT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE..TOO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cn0kf8mhS4

COMEON AJ..ITS A SIM-LE MATTER OF TIMMING[TIMMING..IS EVERYTHING]
IF MUMMY ISNT BORN BEFORE KIDDIE..theres a story/going down

heck look at this timeline
http://ocean.si.edu/did-whale-evolution-go-backwards

ITS Pretty its glossy..but its just moving pictures

at least take me on re the PIG THESES
im only 60 percent sold on that

WHERAS THE WHALE/tale.. I WAS allways suss On..
it just sounded too silly

[how did that fat man get down my chimminy silly.]
or that jesus died so i can sin silly..it didnt pass the sniff test

look at the last youTUBE VIDIO//lol..a waTER RAT[MAMMAL]..GOES FOR A SWIM[TURNs into a EGGlaying crok'o-rat.THAT ACTUally skips into skippy the bush kangeroo..doing an aIRWALK/HOP/SKIPPY And jump[ IN THE WATER]..THAT ALONE IF HILARIOUS..

DONT GET SO..SERIOUS

comeon aj..its funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cn0kf8mhS4
SEE THE JOKE..HAve a LAUGH..THEN LETS HAVE A GO..AT HOW A MUTAnt chimpl liKE CRITTER.ANCESTOR..MADE PASSION WITH A SOW..AND HOW HER INCESTIOPUS F1 GENERATION..EVOLVED INTO NEW man*

or think..of hOW eve..[XX]..WAS FROM ADAMS DNA [Xy]
and how they thus legally are brother/sister[f1]..BUT IT GETS BETTER
under the mosaic laws..a brother [adam]]..may forgive a sister[eve]..any FOOLISHNESS LIKE An apple

[just like hubbyadam/canb forgive a wife[eve]..a foolishness
[just like a father adam/can forgive a DAUGHTER[EVE]..A FOOLISHNESS

ETC..SEE HOW BY LOOSING A LITTLE
YOU CAN Now do the proper job..on us creationists..[or cretins/for short]..

LAUgh damm you..ITS FUNNY
SEE THE JOKE..see thE JOKER
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 29 March 2014 8:01:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What basis for 'creation'?
GENESIS?
When I start reading Genesis I find myself picturing a group of swarthy farmers and their families, wives, adolescents and children, sitting around a central glowing fire in a large thatched communal hut, with smoke billowing up through a central hole in the thatch, and there towards the middle of their circle sits an old full-bearded man, slightly elevated on a pillow or a small pile of skins, with the firelight illuminating his face, and his eyes glowing reddish, as he holds the gathering spellbound, as his father had before him, and his father before him, addressing similar groups:

“Our God, the Father of us all, caused there to be a great light to warm the day and a smaller light to soften the dark of night, and sowed He the heavens above with a carpet of glowing embers to guide us in our travels, and gathered He together the waters for seas, streams and lakes, and into which He caused there to be fishes and great whales, and on the land caused there to be grass and grains and forests of trees with many fruits, and cattle and abundant life for meat, and many creeping and slithering things, and above the land He caused there to be fowl of the air, and for all of this we here give thanks.”

I can picture such groups scattered across the continents telling their own version in their own way, giving thanks for the seasons of sowing and reaping, of fishing and hunting, and of gathering the fruits of the earth and the fowl of the air. I can see some groups remarking on the travels of the great whales, and others speaking of the great migrations and the great Elephants, and of the big cats and the many dangers of the land and the water, and the amazement of it all.

TBC>
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 29 March 2014 5:58:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Continued:

But some things are strange about the Genesis version: whereas there is mention of whales to a people largely of the desert, of Egypt and the middle-east, who would have little possibility of seeing whales, there is no mention of elephants – those larger-than-life wanderers of the land – but then elephants didn’t live in the middle-east. Similarly, no mention of monkeys, or of lions, let alone any mention of ‘dinosaurs’ – but then of course the dinosaurs were long since extinct when Genesis was compiled. But there is mention of cattle, which could only have been domesticated quite late in the ‘human’ story. Also telling perhaps is the lack of recognition of the role of the ‘microbes’ in the story of ‘life’ and its ‘beginnings’ – but this omission is understandable, since they cannot be seen. This prompts the realisation that Genesis really only covers that which would have been directly familiar to the early middle-eastern writers and tellers of this version of ‘beginnings’, and long after Earth’s actual ‘creation’, long after life itself began, and long after the first man walked on the earth.

No wonder people remain confused, for the further one delves into the book the more it reveals its relevance directly to the times, knowledge and conditions appertaining way back then (whenever that was), and that certainly couldn’t have been anywhere near the actual ‘beginning’.
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 29 March 2014 5:58:36 PM
ANYHOW/../HERE..IS WHERE..I THInk..*they went wrong

Conquest...of Land by Vertebrates

The first..limbed vertebrates,..such as..Acanthostega and Ichthyostega, were clearly aquatic taxa..(Clack, 2002)..because they..*appear to have..retained internal gills,[as shown..by grooves on the ceratobranchials,]..which..*may have*...accommodated afferent branchial-arteries.

They also retained..a postbranchial..lamina..of the cleithrum,..which may have delimited the branchial chamber posteriorly..(Coates and Clack, 1991)...In addition,..they retained lepidotrichia in the caudal fin..and a well-developed lateral-line organ,..as shown by canals..for.its cephalic portion.

The internal gills..may have disappeared fairly early in the Carboniferous,..and..there is no trace..of lepidotrichia in stegocephalians..after the Devonian,..and this..*may indicate a slightly*.less aquatic lifestyle.

However,..the lateral-line organ..persisted..[in most Carboniferous]..and many Permian stegocephalians,..which suggests that many species..were still*..*primarily aquatic...*

The absence...of grooves..for the lateral-line organ..is not a reliable criterion..to infer*..a terrestrial lifestyle..because the organ may*be present..without leaving..any traces..on the skeleton.

Since the body shape..of early stegocephalians..is fairly conservative,.aquatic species..do not necessarily..differ drastically from terrestrial ones..in body shape.(Laurin, 2008).>>

or arnt/differentiated..AT ALL

<<..Thus,..additional criteria,..such as bone microanatomy, have been studied to determine.*..[oops]..when vertebrates became terrestrial (Laurin et al.,2004; Germain and Laurin, 2005).

Preliminary/results suggest..that/a terrestrial=lifestyle appeared in stegocephalians..>>

ie pre/hypothesized WHALE..'EVOLVING''..thus//in Filled/ERANTLY

<<..in the..Early Carboniferous..(Kriloff et al., 2008),..but many more species..will have to be studied..to yield reliable results.

key*..Atmospheric oxygen*concentration..may conceivably have played a role..in enabling vertebrates..to move onto land...The first,..aquatic stegocephalians appeared..while the atmospheric oxygen..was present.in low concentration...>>

application being..is 'size relative../LOW 0 ENVIRONMENT
how about fauna trees..ALGAE CLEARLY/OXYGENATES..THE H20..

ANYHOW..<<..Romer's gap,..a period.during which very few stegocephalians ..are known,..represents the final phase.of this episode..of low oxygen concentration...Soon after,..as atmospheric oxygen concentration..reached.and even surpassed.*..

[watch-out/aberation/self deleted]
restored//CONTEXT

romer's gap,..a period/during which..very few stegocephalians are known,*..[represents..the final phase..of this episode..of low oxygen concentration.]

Soon after,..as atmospheric oxygen concentration..reached and even surpassed its present level,.stegocephalians underwent a spectacular evolutionary radiation,..*[?]..which included..[Theory].the first terrestrial vertebrates.

That evolutionary*radiation..[lumping-together]..was paralleled in arthropods...Thus,..Ward et al...(2006) suggest that the oxygen concentration..triggered or facilitated terrestrialization..in arthropods and vertebrates,..and that an oxygen concentration of about 20% in the atmosphere..was the lower threshold.

*which allowed...[not a micrO/BUT/THE MACRO-EVOLUTION
<<..a switch[?]..from gill breathing in water to air-breathing..in vertebrates,..and arthropods.

CONTEXT
http://tolweb.org/Terrestrial_Vertebrates/14952
refute faCT..use applIED/SCIENCE.
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 30 March 2014 11:16:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All