The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > WAR IS OVER if you want it > Comments

WAR IS OVER if you want it : Comments

By Fiona Prior, published 17/12/2013

OK ... so maybe Lennon and Ono's drugs were just a whole lot more transcendental, but Lennon and Ono shared a vision of obtainable world peace – a serious ambition.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
World peace is indeed possible.
After Homo Sapiens has gone from this planet.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 7:36:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must admit to my continuing suspicion of the Yoko.

She's considered Talented because she's Famous for being Famous for marrying a Famous Talented Beetle - decades ago.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 8:26:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
World Peace, although a great dream of Yoko and John, is a fiction while there are nations like America who are armed to the teeth and have military bases spread across the world.

Australia is now under American occupation. It has its troops on our soil, its ships in our harbors, its war planes on our airfields, and its spying apparatus everywhere. It will launch drones from our Cocus Islands soon or is already doing so.

The world needs total disarmament and the destruction of all munitions including nukes and the smashing of all weapon manufacturers.

Only warmongers need arms and the U.S. is the No.1 warmonger.

While America exists, world peace will be a fiction!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 8:43:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pete is right about Yoko Ono; she is a nobody who, if I recollect correctly, was hated for merely marrying a Beatle.

So she and John (who died a violent death) always dreamt of peace; haven’t we all, don’t we all?

The difference is, most of us know it’s a pipe dream. It’s not going to happen.
Posted by NeverTrustPoliticians, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 8:54:30 AM
Nobody has addressed the fact that whenever any item is in short supply, you don't issue a restricted ration to everybody. What you do is to have a little war to see who gets the item, and who gets nothing.
Posted by plerdsus, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 9:02:15 AM
Yes, Plerdsus, and you have a little war over and over if you have an enormous army and thousands of nukes and an economy that is totally reliant on there being endless war.

Funny how the comments thus far are resigned to the existence of war. It's almost as though people have been conditioned to accept it as normal.

Of course, as Yoko and John pointed out war is not normal. It reduces humans to the level of barbarians, stupid, cruel, greedy barbarians.

We need to get rid of the warmongering nations. That would stop war in its tracks.

The U.S. is the world's biggest warmonger.

It must be stopped!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 9:19:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes true David.

"We need to get rid of the warmongering nations."

Nuke em?

War is normal but undesirable.

Check out this gun lover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRrc2n0NXg

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 9:42:48 AM
How does that movie go, the one about when Lennon met Ono? Was Lennon's brain already totally addled by drugs by that time, helping to make Ono attractive, or did she help in the destruction of his talent.

What ever, I see Ono as a destructive force on someone who had a real musical talent, even if not very bright in things practical.

He was almost as stupid as the David G's of this world, who think that you could destroy the worlds nuclear weapons, without some remaining in the hands of fanatics, who would then rule the world.

The almost peace, we have experienced these last 60+ years is only because a couple of powers have carried a very big stick. MAD works for peace, where bows & arrows lead to war.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 9:55:08 AM
world peace touted by people who can't even stay true to their marriage vows.World peace will come but only to those who have their corrupted hearts cleansed by the Prince of peace. All outer efforts are just hyprocrisy by those in denial.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 10:50:19 AM
Hooray for Yoko,who if you bother to check out her CV is quite talented.
She has been poking holes in our normal "dreadful sanity" for most of her life.
Somehow she is dismissed as a "crank" and yet General William Wallace who is mentioned at the beginning of this reference (Ann Jones Suffer The Children) is considered to be "dreadfully sane".
http://www.tomdispatch.com
So too with the benighted ghouls from the Pentagon military-industrial/"entertainment" complex who invest billions of dollars in creating virtual world war "games"

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/1052/guestdispatch_update_virtual_military_adventure

Are we having fun yet?
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 10:56:02 AM
Count your blessings, David,

For without wars and warmongers, no peace-activism would exist.
Nor life without death.

How could one naively expect people to not fight while their numbers grow and resources remain about the same? Nobody can control their arms before they can control their organs of procreation below, something John Lennon and his friends were not quite known for (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon#Personal_relationships). Their teachings of immediate sense-gratification proved to be a source of unrealistic expectations, thus disappointment to many.

As a young teenager, I was told that "the Beatles are God".
- Well, what do you do about God?
- Well obviously you must obey Him!
- And what do the Beatles tell us to do?
- Well, I was told that they tell people to take drugs!

My resolve as a youngster was therefore: "I shall never go to England, so the Beatles will not catch me and tell me to take drugs."

John Lennon's death, traumatic as it was, taught people that he was mortal. By then I was older and wiser, but I wonder how many people did need this reminder and how many were actually relieved to find that out.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 2:34:11 PM
Yuyutsu, it is evident from the majority of comments on this thread that most think that war is normal. It shows clearly the level of indoctrination that exists in the minds of the proles and their complete inability to think for themselves.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have escaped being forced into military service by politicians who either served Britain or are pawns of the newly emerged Killing Machine known as the United States.

People who claim that war is normal are sick. Why would parents sacrifice their children, send them off to be killed, or have their limbs blown off, or to come back so emotionally scarred that they commit suicide or go out and massacre others on shooting sprees.

Look what those who engage in wars do, drop atom bombs on civilians, use depleted uranium that causes genetic defects and Chemical like Agent Orange and phosphorous munitions that burn through to the bone. Look at what the Germans did while they tried to gain world control, the gas ovens. And what about the depraved cruelty of the Japanese to prisoners of war.

War dehumanizes all those who engage in it. It is about as normal as a serial rapist or a serial killer. The Americans take their kids and turn them into killers who mindlessly serve the greed of the wealthy and the corporations.

Of course, war is not normal. We educate our children to accept it as normal. We could, if we wanted to, educate our children to think that peace is normal and anyone who wants to kill other people are simply deranged!

But peace doesn't make money, does it? Peace doesn't enable the stealing of resources belonging to others, does it? Peace doesn't allow sick humans to feel the adrenalin flow of having total power, does it?

But war, in an age of nuclear weapons, will soon end all war and get rid of humanity at the same time.

Is only we had the wit to see this and give peace a chance!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 3:02:02 PM
Dear David,

Sadly, war IS normal.

So if we want to give peace a chance, we must become super-normal.

War does not dehumanise those who engage in it - it only exposes their existing human weaknesses, for to be human is to be weak, to be human is to be stupid, cruel, greedy barbarians.

So if we want to give peace a chance, we must become super-human.

And so we should.

Our genes drive us to procreate and our genes drive us to war.
Humans are, by nature, slaves of their genes.
So long as we identify with our human, so long we therefore remain at those genes' mercy.
So to stop war, we must become free and shake off the shackles of our genes.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 3:21:10 PM
thats,,so funny..war..is over..
if you want it

well peace WAS declared..while you were at lunch
it officially..wont be announced..till hrh new years day sp-each
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152#178446

anyhow..i was just listening..to john and yoko
[the double FANTASY]..ie to wit..'the heart play'

please..lesyt we forget..john..loves yoko..[enough said?]
you cant have one..without the other..anyhow..now we are NEARLY..at peace..join us in..our terms of surrender..at the thread...nough said.

anyhow without yoko..we would not..have..'beautiful darling boy'[michael's..favorite song..yes him..and karin carpenter..were here too.

but this is for defense..of john beloved..who inspired..
"*STARTING_OVER"*..and.."I*M..loosing"* you..as well as *woman*

where would we be without that holy trinity?

how about hard-times are over..or everyman,,has a woman..he loves

ok let him have dear yoko..who..sung just for him
the truth..'*I*M..your angel*"

anyhow..i..loved..the bed=in..and the bag-in
working man..and watching the wheels

anyhow..if you like helping..instead of just watching..'the wheels'..

well thats easy
call..in..and write our "surrender terms"
then tell ya mates..WAR..really..CAN*BE OVER..by..new years day*

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152#178446

if..you want to
just explain..whatt stands in..the way
or begin a topic..on..aspects you dont comprehend

PEACE TAKES ALL..OF US*

john..is ..as you..know is an atheist
so*we KNOW*..yoko..wernt no..angel..but heck..john..knew her better..than we*..and he..REALLY..'had to..let it go"

people said he was "crazy"..too..just cause he.."no..longer..played..the game'

ok..so say it*..peace is something beyond words.

thanks wall*russ..

kiss kiss/its clean-up..time/
or as yoko..said..'give me something'
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 17 December 2013 5:48:31 PM
YES I WANT IT.
Posted by jojo007, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 3:03:39 AM
welcome..jojo007
[noted your first post]..is brief..]

anyhow..the song quoted..is in..memory..of

News for bbc extends copyright on beatles cache
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/rare-beatles-tracks-briefly-on-sale-to-extend-copyright-1.2467553

Rare Beatles tracks briefly on sale to extend copyright
CBC.ca - 4 minutes ago
Dozens of demo recordings, studio outtakes and some 1963 BBC ... release of the Beatles cache via iTunes in Asia, Australia, the Middle East, ...

"(Just Like) Starting Over"

Our life together is so precious together,
We have grown - we have grown,
Although our love is still special,
Let's take our chance and fly away somewhere alone,

It's been so long since we took the time,
No-one's to blame,
I know time flies so quikly,
But when I see you darling,
It's like we both are falling in love again,
It'll be just like starting over - starting over,

Everyday we used to make it love,
Why can't we be making love nice and easy,
It's time to spread our wing's and fly,
Don't let another day go by my love,

Why don't we take off alone,
Take a trip far, far away,
We'll be together on our own again,
Like we used to in the early days,
Well, well, well darling,

It's been so long since we took the time,
No-one's to blame,
I know time flies so quikly,
But when I see you darling,
It's like we both are falling in love again,

Everyday we used to make it love,
Why can't we be making love nice and easy,
It's time to spread our wing's and fly,
Don't let another day go by my love,

Our life together is so precious together,
We have grown - we have grown,
Although our love is still special,
Let's take our chance and fly away somewhere alone.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 5:10:48 AM
Enjoy your Christmas. With Fukushima destroying the Pacific Ocean, things will never be the same.

The war mongering psychopaths and the nuke industry have not a clue.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 6:38:32 AM
http://www.azlyrics.com/j/johnlennon.html

"Give_Peace..A Chance"

Ev'rybody's..talking about
Bag*ism..Shag*ism,..Drag*ism,..Madism,..Ragism,..Tagism
This-ism,
that-ism,

this-ism,..sin-is-im, misty-is-im.

but

All..*we..*are saying..is..give peace..a chance
All we/are saying..is give..just..peace..a chance

C'mon

Ev'rybody's..talking..about Ministers,
Sinisters,..Barristers..and..cabalisters
Bishops and kissups..and Rabbis..and googlin Plop eyes,

And..lazy-bye
buy-bye,..cy byes.

but*,,All..we are/saying..is give peace..a chance

You say/you want..an evolution
Well..you know..no no..We all..want to change..the world

We all..want to..change the world
But when..you..talk about destruction..revolution..not evolution..well
Don't you know..you can/count me out..

Don't you know..it's..gonna be..alright

Alright*..Alright?

You say..you/got..a real solution..no..war pollution..no revolution
Well you know..We'd all..love you..all,..just..to see..the plan

*then..You ask me..for a contribution
[thanks]..

Well..you know
We're all..doing..what we can
But when..you want money..for people..with minds..that hate..just to bail..them out..

All I..can tell you..is brother..you have to wait
Don't you know*..it's gonna be..alright
Alright Albright..all-light.

i heard..You say..you'll change..the constitution
Well..you know..We all..want to.change..your..in your head

You tell me..it's..the institution
Well you..know

You better..free your mind instead
But..if you go...carrying pictures..of..Chairman Mao
You ain't..going to make it..with anyone..anyhow
Don't you know..know it's gonna be alright
Alright..Alright

[an/other..little known..inner/voicing]

"Help Me..To Help Myself"
[im tooo proud..to let you..know my weakness]

Well,..I tried..so hard..to stay alive

But the angel..of destruction keeps..on houndin'..me all around
But I..*know..in my heart..That..we/never really parted,.oh no

They say the Lord helps those..who helps themselves
So I'm..asking this question..in the hope..that you'll be kind
'Cause.I know deep..inside..I was never satisfied,..oh no

Lord,..help me, Lord
Please,..help me, Lord,

[listens]

[hears]

dont like..what he..is hearing
[helping other..is the only way..to..help..thyself]

yeah*yeah*yeah..

Help me..to help..*myself.
Help me to..help myself.

Nobody..ever loved me..like she does,
oo,..she does,
yeh,..she does.

And if somebody..ever..loved me..[like she/do me,]
oo,..she do me,
yes,..she does.

Don't..let me down,..don't let me down.
Don't let me down,..don't let me down.

I'm..in love..
for..the first..time...and only..want..love..to last
Don't..you know it's gonna last.
It's a love..that lasts forever,
It's a love..*that had no past*.

she,,Don't let..me down,..don't let me down.
she..won't..let me down,..don't..let me drown.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 1:35:17 PM
>>With Fukushima destroying the Pacific Ocean, things will never be the same.<<

Yeah, keep away from the beaches this summer. Not only do you face the incredibly small risk of being attacked by a shark, you stand an even smaller risk of getting cancer from the radiation leaked by Fukushima.

But you do stand a much better chance of getting cancer from the big nuclear reactor in the sky, a better chance of dying from a bee than from a shark, and the drive to the beach is fraught with danger: operating a motor vehicle is way more risky than sharks, bees and Fukushima-induced cancer put together (not sure how it compares to UV induced-cancer).

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 1:44:34 PM
Yes Tony Lavis, stick your head up your rectum like the rest of the fools. Fukushima is an on going disaster and the Japanese Govt has brought in laws which can gaol any journo for 10 yrs for printing non Govt censored info about Fukushima.

We are in the Southern Hemisphere and it will take a while for the radiation to reach us.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 4:51:35 PM
It makes me furious when see fools like Tony Lavis trumpet their ignorance.http://fairewinds.org/ Arnie Gunderson is a nuclear engineer and is qualified(40+ yrs) in the running and decommissioning of nuclear power. He says that the whole of Japan has a serious radiation problem. All Blue Fin Tuna caught off the coast of the USA have radiation levels 10 times normal.

Our own Dr Helen Caldicott has been warning about the dangers of the nuke industry for decades. Many highly qualified people are saying that if the stored fuel in reactor 4 goes up, they should evacuate all of Japan and the West coast of the USA. There are 1300 rods in reactor 4 and another 9700 rods in the other 5 reactors.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 5:17:12 PM
As well as radio-activity, most Australians are just as ignorant about American Imperialism, Arjay, but not as ignorant as the American populace is!

Collective ignorance will bring our world to its end. Education is wasted upon most humans.

If fact, if most humans were lobotomized you wouldn't notice any difference!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 19 December 2013 11:53:31 AM
they are trying to..get us angry
http://rss.infowars.com/20131124_Sun_Alex.mp3
the beginning..explains the war..between the baddies/the baddies
the middle explains how federal..police are corrupting local police...and how they..assulted alexx..by hurting a child

and the big ending..is important too

ps noted 'war is over' was voted best xmass carol
well read..auther?
Posted by one under god, Friday, 20 December 2013 7:28:47 AM
You have just made a racist assessment about "Americans" by calling them "ignorant", Arjay. You have just offended the Americans. Not only have you proven to be a racist (welcome to the club) You are in breach of section 18c of the Racial Discrimination Act.

You better cancel that trip to Europe unless you want to spend the next two years in Spandau prison.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 24 December 2013 5:21:49 AM
peace..should be declared[decreed]..shortly
now is the time..to talk..revealyouir grievences
hrh..is listening

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152#178808

are you..men enough for peace?
are you woman..enough..to forbid..thy children..to/die in ANY war?

are you/humane enough..to see without fear?

all we are saying..is give peace a chance
noe make peace go..virel

[your life /your very living..depends onthis final..skirmish]
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 24 December 2013 6:36:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy