The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Diplomacy is more than a passing phrase > Comments

Diplomacy is more than a passing phrase : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 31/10/2013

It is a measure of the lack of sophistication and parochial outlook of Abbott and the government he leads that there is an apparent failure to understand the way the world works.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
'With the Republican Tea Party faction pushing economic policy in the US to the right and with foreign policy in the US already to the right'.

Really, should the US not do something about its debt? And what are the alternatives to US foreign policy in economic terms?

Me suspect you don't know how the world really works. You just criticise and criticise and downplay just how difficult things really are.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 31 October 2013 7:24:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diplomacy is the academic beating around the bush thus making the situation worse.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 31 October 2013 7:31:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh gee Bruce another I hate Abbott rant! Tell us oh mighty Bruce what is wrong with Australia turning around an Indonesian boat with an Indonesian crew bringing illegals here and insisting that they go back to their home port?
Thank goodness you are now an ex diplomat as I cannot imagine the havoc you wreaked. Mate you are an Australian, try and act like one. Oh yes TA WON the election, thank goodness. Stop barracking for the other side and remember your handsome pension that no ordinary Australian could ever aspire to outside the public service.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 31 October 2013 7:33:33 AM
JBowyer,
I always find it strange that those who have been in the job for years & whose legacy we're now wallowing in are the ones who criticise those who only just got in & haven't had a chance to change anything let alone leave a legacy.
Could the Coalition really do worse than their predecessors ? I can't think it possible.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 31 October 2013 8:29:38 AM
I'm not an Abbott fan, however, he's only been in the job 5 minutes, give the bloke a fair go!
Besides, if labor hadn't been so busy with its very successful self destruction, we might not even been having this discussion or hissy fit?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 31 October 2013 10:02:14 AM
Bruce,

I think the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Abbott managed to achieve more co operation and outcomes with Indonesia in a week than the whole labor government managed in 6 years.

The cattle trade has restarted, Indonesia is cracking down on people smugglers and opening up to Australian business. Labor is all about flowery words and non delivery.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 31 October 2013 10:49:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy