The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex marriage should go to the people > Comments

Same-sex marriage should go to the people : Comments

By Lyle Shelton, published 6/9/2013

By 10:30 when many of us arrived home and tuned into the ABC's Q&A we were just in time to see Mr Rudd's 'prayerful conscience' approach to tolerance going out the window.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oh no, so now we have the anti- everyone-who-isn't-a-white-male-supporter, and the anti-feminist fellow, wading in to a debate on same-sex marriage!

Go away boys and start your own threads.

Same-sex marriage will be inevitable, regardless of middle-aged white heterosexuals , and anti-feminist's, pathetic protests.

And the sky won't fall in...
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 7 September 2013 5:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
""You could also have added that the feminists and 'Progressives' who are pushing gay marriage also despise what they insultingly denounce as 'traditional' marriage. They would ban it in a trice, EXCEPT for lesbians and gays of course ""

Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 7 September 2013 1:07pm

Rubbish!!
Posted by McReal, Saturday, 7 September 2013 5:32:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suse,
I'm not against same sex marriage per se and I don't want to live in a society where people with eccentric and non conforming views and lifestyles are stifled,I gave my proposal for resolving the issue in the last post, abolish the marriage act.
We've been over this enough times, you know as well as I do that Third World immigration makes "progressive" causes less and less likely to succeed, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
What I also pointed out is that the same people who are promoting Gay marriage are also promoting war with Syria and Iran and supporting the Syrian "rebels", this is a fact, all the mainstream Left groups in this country openly support the Al Nusra/Al Qaeda insurgents.
The issue of Gay Marriage and human rights more broadly are being used as part of the PR to support U.S and NATO domination of the Mideast, Africa and Central Asia and undeniably being used to provoke Russia.
This is your side Suse, all the NeoCons are progressives now LOL.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 8 September 2013 10:55:06 AM
What are you on about Jay?
I support gay marriage but I don't support war with Syria, and I don't see any connection with the 2 issues.

You are sweeping too many people into the one basket on these issues.
Many people differ on all sorts of subjects, regardless of where they come from.
Where do you get your ideas from? Lol.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 8 September 2013 12:01:08 PM
Suseonline, "Go away boys and start your own threads"

Suseonline has spoken, "Do as I say" and "Never you mind". -Authoritarian Left that would ban everything they don't agree with.

No-one doubts your dislike of men and your passion for gay activism. Perhaps obsessive is a more apt adjective for both. Whoops, I left out the third of your trifecta, your adoration of Islam.

Do you ever feel you are in a deep rut that you can't climb out of? Like an old scratched record locked into the same loop? LOL
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 8 September 2013 12:07:28 PM
Dear Jay,

<<I gave my proposal for resolving the issue in the last post, abolish the marriage act.>>

I support this abolition wholeheartedly.

But looking back at what you wrote:

<<we could have a generic marriage licence that you pick up from the post office>>

A license? that seems a contradiction - if there is no marriage act, then marriage is a completely private matter. Whether you marry someone of the opposite gender; of the same gender; a rock; or two penguins and a duck, you need not answer to anyone of the government.

Please explain.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 8 September 2013 12:19:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy