The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex marriage should go to the people > Comments

Same-sex marriage should go to the people : Comments

By Lyle Shelton, published 6/9/2013

By 10:30 when many of us arrived home and tuned into the ABC's Q&A we were just in time to see Mr Rudd's 'prayerful conscience' approach to tolerance going out the window.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Matt Prater clearly thought that his fundamentalist view of marriage was the only valid Christian attitude. Kevin Rudd showed that it is not. I think Matt Prater was mortified because he assumed that he was going to be delivering a 'gotcha' moment on national television and it went badly wrong for him.
Posted by Candide, Friday, 6 September 2013 1:04:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Quite right, Longy...

"We have been mislead on homosexual marriage, it is not genetic, the children most affected by these relationships will not live in the best environment for parental guidance."

'We' should demand the retention of heterosexual marriage which has traditionally demonstrated its monopoly (and ability) throughout history to produce homosexuals.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 6 September 2013 2:06:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Youtube Video: http://youtu.be/9uBUZKD5Ago
Is not about Kevin right or wrong, he just want to ask a Christian personal question to someone.

Well Matt Prater Pastor is original LNP supporter, how do you know that?
simply go facebook type Matt Prater, in his friend lists search "MP", there only Liberal members supporters he has, non of a Labor member you can find there, what is it wrong? Obviously long before he already the LNP supporter and representing them use this case to share to the believer, so they may believe that Rudd is wrong and shows that he cares about biblical teaching, and the followers of the church and the Christian watched on the TV camera will see him as a hero image that willing to stand up say something, make audience think he is a righteous man, but we don’t know what really behind his purpose, we must know who he support from the very beginning, seeking for his own interest, we can’t decide others life only people who decide it when they know the biblical truth, for God to judge not you and I to judge them, controlling over their life, however we can share, pray, support with love and mercy with unconditional love.
Matthew 7:1-4
1Timothy1:5-11

, how can you really tell he is really stand for the Gay Marriage matter, or he just use his community to play this voting game,

We need to know what is his really purpose and intention behind it, I'm also a Christian but I'm not a fool, we need to discern and understand his true purpose behind and there are people using the leadership role to misuse his power. that just a shock to me unbelievable!.
Posted by Mary Maxwell, Friday, 6 September 2013 2:19:22 PM
I don't think this same sex marriage issue should go to the people,
I have nothing againts same sex marriage, but I don't think it should
be an agenda in the federal or national level, if its under the Family Law/marriage Law, the Parliament should pass it instead to the
State to either legalize it, per state level or block the issue.. and I believed some state had already legalize it, so whats the push into the national level.. I don't agree that it should be national unless of course if majority of australians are on same sex relationships.
Posted by nanofranz, Friday, 6 September 2013 2:38:45 PM
The bible does not say slavery is a natural condition. Rudd is smart enough to know this, so I can only presume he misquoted the Bible on purpose.
The Bible does exhort people to make the most out of whatever circumstance they are in, as per the Bible passages posted by McReal - the very fact that the apostle Paul needed to encourage slaves to make the most of their situation would be that Christians were going against the status quo of the time, and claiming that all human beings are of equal value to God, and deserve treatment as equals.
James 2:2-4 (NIV) "For example, suppose someone comes into your meeting dressed in fancy clothes and expensive jewelry, and another comes in who is poor and dressed in dirty clothes. If you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, "You can stand over there, or else sit on the floor" - well, doesn't this discrimination show that your judgements are guided by evil motives?"
1 Timothy 1:10 (NIV) "The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practise homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News...."
Galatians 3:28 (NIV) "There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Christians are not saying people who practice homosexual acts are worse than anyone else, or that they are beyond God's love and grace.
Romans 4:23 (NIV) "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard."
Posted by Sandygirl, Friday, 6 September 2013 6:39:14 PM
Christians I respect them for their beliefs, though when the extreme right wing religious fundamentalists want to impose their beliefs on others; they have no right of respect.
To those who are supporters of Matt Prater, please explain if marriage to you is so sacrosanct, why did Matt Prater divorce his first wife, and marry another woman.
One trusts there where no children in the first marriage, because of the trauma these children would have experienced.
Posted by Kipp, Friday, 6 September 2013 6:59:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy