The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stable Population Party 'green-washing' racism > Comments

Stable Population Party 'green-washing' racism : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 22/8/2013

The anti-population party's dodgy international connections and preferences show it's true colours.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
How about we ignore the lies in this article and we have a sensible discussion? Listen to David Attenborough to hear him sum up perfectly the issues the world faces. http://youtu.be/1sP291B7SCw

Or how about this excellent piece from Growthbuster Dave Gardner? http://www.growthbusters.org/2013/08/planetary-overload-faked-out-by-the-holy-grail-of-economic-growth
Posted by Hotspurs, Thursday, 22 August 2013 10:10:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I clicked on Malcolm King's name and it is interesting to note the attack campaign he has been running against the SPP. He is clearly worried the electorate are buying into their forward thinking policies. You don't spend this much energy continually attacking a group if they are as insignificant / crazy as Mr King has been attempting to paint. Or maybe he is just a paid mouthpiece for big business, like Bernard "I wannabe a demographer" Salt
Posted by Hotspurs, Thursday, 22 August 2013 10:18:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At the end of the day, if we are truly a democracy, then it should be a matter that is open for public debate. Given that polls repeatedly reflect that Australians reject a big Australia yet the major parties repeatedly suppress the issue or misdirect attention onto a few hapless boats suggests that the major parties are dodging the issue of population completely. Yet we can readily draw parallels between our current situation and Egypt 50 years ago and what's in store for us if we continue down this path.

The party does not make claims about us being full or over populated, it simply wants to give a voice to the majority of people in Australia who's concerns on our pro-populate policies are repeatedly ignored/dismissed or discredited when all around they can see things are getting rapidly and progressively worse. It seems to be a mission of people like Malcolm to ensure any concerns about quality of life, wildlife and our ability to actually work more proactively globally are never considered - that would be uncomfortable for Malcolm because it would mean he has to actually consider how Australians might feel and how those languishing in ruin here and abroad might benefit more if we direct aid more towards tackling the everything issue of population.

But let's ask the majority on the street for instance if they
a) feel more secure and are more optimistic about their future
b) believe Liberal/Labor/Greens can better manage a big Australia

The majority will say no.

Malcolm has attacked the party on at least three occasions without having an understanding of what the party is actually standing for. The party has members from all walks of life including different races who understand the message.

On the bright side, it is good that Malcolm is giving the party publicity so perhaps we should thank him for that.
Posted by Matt Moran, Thursday, 22 August 2013 10:31:44 AM
Gee thanks Malcolm.

I'd never paid any attention to this mob,or other minor parties/collections of ratbags.

However after you've told me "The SPP's aim is to split the Green Party vote, shaft immigrants and create Fortress Australia", you can be sure I'll have a good look at them. Nice to find some right thinking people.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 22 August 2013 10:31:48 AM
Pat asks if someone is paying Malcolm King to repeat this stuff. The answer is that King runs a PR business called Republic Media, which offers a service whereby he writes and places articles in the media to promote particular views. His claims of past achievements, on Linked-in, include boasts like:
“ Wrote and placed $150K news, features, op eds in local and national media and nullified major crisis media management issue and returned brand to health”.

He is guarded about his clients: but from the repetitive titles and equally repetitive contents of his published pieces, the clients clearly include some part of the growth lobby which wants an ad hominem campaign against those questioning population growth in Australia and especially in S.A.

Incidentally, for refutation of King's nonsense about the Stable Population Party siphoning votes away from the Greens, see psephologist Anthony Green's very different analysis at
http://blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2013/08/senate-preferences-act.html#more

So is Malcolm King a paid troll? Check his previous publications and decide for yourself.
Posted by Livio, Thursday, 22 August 2013 1:14:22 PM
So no refutation about Numbers USA's involvement in the SPP?

No refutation about Jane Sullivan making up the per head infrastructure spend and using a 1986 source?

No refutation about the ridiculous Pythonesque implementations problems of this pack of laughing clowns.

The SPP is simply a front for racist american organisations who are using them like glove puppets.

Livio, you left your ID when you tried to hack in to my Linkedin site. If I was a PR hack, I wouldn't be bloody using my real name. I'd use a name like .... Livio

Here's another treat for you.

http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/54774
Posted by Malcolm 'Paddy' King, Thursday, 22 August 2013 1:48:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy