The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stable Population Party 'green-washing' racism > Comments

Stable Population Party 'green-washing' racism : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 22/8/2013

The anti-population party's dodgy international connections and preferences show it's true colours.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Sheesh Malcolm, get a life!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 22 August 2013 8:09:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I noticed that Malcolm King has carefully avoided discussing the economic, social, environmental and political problems associated with a high population growth rate, and attacked the messenger.
Posted by mac, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:23:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder who pays Cheryl/Malcolm king for this garbage or if he is really off his trolley?
Posted by Robert LePage, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:36:30 AM
The idea that anyone or any group can only be interested in population issues for nefarious reasons is short sighted and generally reverts to strawman arguments. I was tempted not to bother with the article for that reason.

There are two aspects here. If you believe in population growth without a cap then lots more needs to be done for infrastructure including decentralising by building new cities to take the overload from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Maybe the arid areas need to be populated with modern technology bringing water and power and agriculture suited to these zones.

The idea that one can use arguments about other countries being overpopulated as a reason to repeat the trend always amuses. Why not assist those countries with education and agricutlure to offset the need for large families rather than just move people around just on on that basis.

This author is looking for reasons to demonise those who care about the environment including the effects of population. I should add that I don't personally know anything about the SPP.

Lets look at one argument. There could be other reasons for refusing to assist first home buyers for example. What about the idea that subsidies and grants are bandaid policies that do not address the underlying reasons for housing unaffordability.

Yes there are some people who are racist all around the world and act on that basis. But please don't let those people put blinkers on your own eyes as regards population policy and questioning the emphasis of values around economic growth.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:49:06 AM
A very good article that tells it like it is!
Most intelligent people already know the hidden agendas of silly little parties like the Stable Population Party.

To say that Australia is over populated is laughable.
Racism is the real order of the day, and any political party that models itself on anything to do with Beck or any of the other mad American racists, should have no place in our Australian political election.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:50:05 AM
Pelican,
Your well reasoned arguments on the topic stand in stark contrast to Malcolm feeble tempt at character assassination, conspiracy theory and diatribe. You are correct and there is no need for me to repeat your careful response to practical matters concerning population.

He is simply playing the man and not the ball, which is the last refuge of a debater who is out of ammo in the form of a decent reasoned point of view.

We all have to feel very sorry for Malcolm I think. He deserves our best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever is afflicting his brain.
Posted by Peter Strachan, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:57:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy