The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Conscientious objection to vaccination > Comments

Conscientious objection to vaccination : Comments

By Sophie Love, published 3/6/2013

The myth is widely propagated that these sandal and tie dye wearing hippies are putting the whole of society’s health at risk.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Okay, I will admit that until this article, I thought you 'anti-vaxxers' were a bunch of conspiracy obsessed whack-jobs. (I still reserve my right to think that, by the way....)

However, I have not had a child and I haven't been one for quite a while, and I wasn't aware that so many vaccinations are now routinely given to babies. If Hep B is one of them, I would agree - ridiculous and unnecessary.

SO my question is this. If if was taken back to a happy medium where babies (in usual circumstances - not high risk ones) received only those vaccinations EVERY baby should REALLY have - would you then remove your objection? Or would you stay in the 'anti' camp, just, you know - because?
Posted by Cosmogirl, Monday, 3 June 2013 9:09:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You have the right to expose your children to whatever risks you choose. You do not have the right to harm others, particularly susceptible newborn babies, which is why I think unvaccinated children should be kept well away from childcare centres where there is the highest risk of them causing harm.

Where do you stand on smallpox vaccination? From your stance can we assume you would prefer smallpox was still killing people around the world rather than have been eradicated through vaccination?
Posted by Candide, Monday, 3 June 2013 9:14:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article is malicious garbage:

http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Anti-Vaccine_Body_Count/Home.html
Posted by cohenite, Monday, 3 June 2013 9:32:48 AM
"Sophie Love has been involved in the advertising and media industries since the 1980's"

Right so not a doctor or other relevant medical knowledge in which to make an informed decision for yourself let alone try a persuade others.
Not all antivac's wear sandals but they all are nuts.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 3 June 2013 9:34:33 AM
>>Maybe it’s the cocktail of viruses, maybe it’s the chemicals (including aluminium, ammonia, formaldehyde, sodium chloride, anti-freeze [phenoxyethanol], carbolic acid and MSG) which form the solutions the vaccines are suspended in.<<

You are taking the piss aren't you? Sodium chloride is table salt. I'm a chef - if salt is dangerous I'm in a lot of trouble. And if MSG is dangerous then the blokes at the chinese take-away up the road are in lot of trouble too.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Monday, 3 June 2013 10:00:36 AM
Intelligent and well educated!?
Then why the extremely obtuse and completely illiterate attitude to vaccinations?
Vaccinations have eliminated smallpox and almost eliminated polio.
If this extremely opinionated person, had so much as an ounce of human empathy and watched any newborn exposed to something as innocuous as whooping cough. A killer disease in the newborn!
Her asinine attitude would become automatically adjusted, particularly in light of the various claims, linking vaccinations to autism, being proved entirely fraudulent, along with the medical expertise or credentials, of proponents of that garbage!
I agree with the NSW premier, and support the view, we need to legally prohibit unvaccinated children, from not just child care centres, but all public places, libraries, museums, art galleries, theatres, supermarkets, public eateries, licensed clubs, sport venues, schools, buses, trams and trains etc, as well, unless or until, they present with a completely up to date, vaccination card!
We play unwilling host to numbers of uninvited people, who come from places, where many of the diseases we have all but eliminated, still exist. And carriers don't necessarily test positive!
Therefore, we need to continue to provide blanket protection until those infectious diseases have been eliminated in all other places as well!
The rights of the many clearly trump the rights of a very few, patently selfish, self centred and entirely ill-informed, I'm all right Jack, "eccentrics"!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 3 June 2013 10:14:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy