The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is gay marriage's promise illusory? > Comments

Is gay marriage's promise illusory? : Comments

By Mark Christensen, published 23/5/2013

Kevin Rudd may have 'come out' on gay marriage, but his reasons are poorly thought out.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
misanthrope - Homosexual people practice a very unnatural sexual act.

I believe their argument (definitely NOT mine) is they ARE 'normal' & whatever they do IS 'natural'. I have suggested on occasion that if animals generally preferred their own sex, there wouldn't exactly be a glut of them. Judging from the responses, it seems the human AC-DC set spend a disproportionate amount of time observing animal behaviour because they claim to know far more about activity between bulls than any grazier with a lifetime of experience. Personally I would have expected the animals to have a rather short lifespan if the average cow-cockie caught them at it. Dunno about AC-DC cows, grazier friends tell me they have never heard of it.

For what its worth, there is a phenomenon noted in some lizards & monkeys for example, that is commonly believed to be homosexual activity, but which scientists familiar with the species in question state is nothing more than a show of dominance. Whether or not homosexuality does occur in animals, it must be relatively rare if the things still exist on the planet.
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 23 May 2013 3:07:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
praxidice, there's a whole Wikipedia article on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

There's also an social evolutionary hypothesis that having homosexual uncles and aunts improves an organism's chances of survival, so there may be quite sufficient evolutionary reasons for the development of homosexuality.

But that's not really the point, is it? If we were to ban humans from doing anything animals don't do because it's 'unnatural' we'd be crawling around on all fours in the open air, naked. It's unnatural for you to use a computer or drive a car, but I imagine you'd be fairly upset if someone told you that you weren't allowed to. For that matter it's unnatural for anyone to get married at all.

Once again it all reduces to the fact that a relatively small group of people want to do something which other people are already allowed to do, and there's simply no convincing reason to say no. Do you agree?
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 23 May 2013 3:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jon J

There is nothing natural about a penis or other object being shoved into the back passage, and both parties are at risk. The medical risks are many, some considerable. You don't suffer similar risks operating a computer (your irrelevant analogy) and if you would like to publicise your relationship with your ACER laptop, by all means put an advertisement in the Public Notices of your local newspaper.

The Gillard government has enacted over eighty law changes to ensure there is no discrimination against homosexuals. No lesser authority than the Australian Human Rights Commission does not believe that the Marriage Act discriminates against gays.

Yet you want people to believe you are being discriminated against? Fat chance.

Noticeably, you are not arguing for the rights of Muslims (polygamy), so your concept of 'rights' is what suits you personally at the time. Your 'rights' are your personal wants. You probably don't support the institution of marriage at all and just want to get its gold stamp.

Marriage is by definition between a man and a woman.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 23 May 2013 4:10:29 PM
onthebeach:

"There is nothing natural about a penis or other object being shoved into the back passage."

Says who? Who are you to define what's 'natural'? What do you mean by 'natural' anyway? Do you think if it appears 'unnatural' to you it has to be 'unnatural' to everybody?

"The medical risks are many, some considerable."

The medical risks with heterosexual sex are many as well.

"You don't suffer similar risks operating a computer."

RSI? Carpal tunnel syndrome?

"The Gillard government has enacted over eighty law changes to ensure there is no discrimination against homosexuals."

And people like you have fought every single one.

"Noticeably, you are not arguing for the rights of Muslims (polygamy), so your concept of 'rights' is what suits you personally at the time. Your 'rights' are your personal wants."

I'm straight. So are most of the 60% of the other Australians who want marriage equality. We're fighting for the rights of others.

"Marriage is by definition between a man and a woman."

'Marriage is by definition between a white man and a white woman.'

Wasn't it?
Posted by Timaahy, Thursday, 23 May 2013 5:20:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On the Beach, Anal sex is common in hetrosexual sex, as the anus is also a sensitive sexual area of the body.
However, you are stepping into an area that is none of your business,
as to what what happens between consenting adults, either homosexual or hetrosexual.
Posted by Kipp, Thursday, 23 May 2013 6:33:27 PM
KIPP and the rest of you that say homosexual sexual activity is quite natural! What absolute rubbish ! ON the Beach is quite correct in what he says. Just look at the human anatomy, of both a male and female person - the sexual act as practiced by homosexuals is most definitely unnatural! All this rubbish some of you are peddling trying to make out homosexual sexual activity, is all OK, what an idiotic statement to make. God help us!

I'm not saying homosexuals can't do what they want, what I am saying, the homosexual sexual act, is absolutely UNNATURAL!
Posted by misanthrope, Thursday, 23 May 2013 8:31:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy