The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The complex Margaret Thatcher > Comments

The complex Margaret Thatcher : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 12/4/2013

There is no such thing as society. There is living tapestry of men and women and people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I much prefer this truth-telling assessment of Margaret Thatcher's applied politics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 12 April 2013 9:09:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Daffy Duck I most certainly agree with you, Glendale Jackson has told Thatcherism as it should be told.
20 million pounds for a funeral is a complete disgrace, there are people starving all over the world, why do the English taxpayer have to fund this extravagance for the benefit of the elite to attend? she in death is no different to any one else.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 12 April 2013 11:29:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Because Margaret and her fawning supporters were essentially hostile to the State spending money on useless public causes and/or propagandized events (apart from war-drum-beating "patriotic" wars); that everyone should take full responsibility for their own circumstances; that most Government services should be privatised and put out to competitive tendering, it seems to me that her funeral should be put out to public tender so that the government (that is the people altogether) does not waste any money.

Some cultural groups place corpses out in the open to be consumed by the elements, vultures and other birds of prey. Such would be a very cost effective way of finally getting rid of her. After all she was an early proponent of vulture capitalism, as practiced by Mitt Romney.
Such would be an exercise in perfect symbolic justice.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 12 April 2013 12:36:01 PM
I would like to see the math that can some how get a cost of 20 million for a few horses, [who don't get paid], towing a gun carriage down a street.

The troops lining the street won't be paid any extra, surely the archbishop doesn't put in a bill for millions, so where's the cost.

Me thinks It must be the grave diggers getting it all, & I want a job like that.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 12 April 2013 1:34:30 PM
Perhaps slightly off the subject but revelant, I had a phone call this morning requesting money to help the Salvation Army for the needs of the poor, perhaps I should have told them to ring the Thatcher funeral office for some help, but doubt very much if any would have been available for such a cause, pomp and ceremony comes first, we must remember we lesser mortals are not of much importance to the tugging the forelock mob.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 12 April 2013 2:43:35 PM
By the way I forgot to mention our Julia and hangers on will presumed be winging their way at our expense for the shindig next Wednesday in London.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 12 April 2013 2:56:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy