The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > At the barricades - Boomers vs Gen Y > Comments

At the barricades - Boomers vs Gen Y : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 14/2/2013

Young people in Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Greece will spend the rest of their lives paying for the sins of their parent's generation.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
So the next war will be the Old Grumpies Vs The Me-Me's.

Silly me , I always thought that it would be between Coke and Pepsi !

Incidentlly doesn't the Pension presently cost the Nation $37 Billion as opposed to Family Support which is costing $20 Billon ?

Ask any Baby Boomer as to how much Family Support they recieved .

Over all , This is an Article I can possibly use for at least one other purpose, after I have printed it out , of course.

Obviously I am not part of the "cultural left "
Posted by Aspley, Thursday, 14 February 2013 8:51:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Greece are bankrupt due to spending on renewable energy; AGW is a classic example of maleovolent old people distorting the world view of youth to support their own egoes, insidious ideology and money grabbing ways; see:

http://theclimatescepticsparty.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/lewandowskys-ego.html

AGW is not an intergenerational conflict but a propaganda war waged by some old mongrels aginst the naivety of the young.
Posted by cohenite, Thursday, 14 February 2013 9:31:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
no doubt within 2 short terms of Government we have seen Australia sink into massive debt. Congratulations Rudd/Gillard. Funny how they always put a big spin on it. WE saved you from the GFC. Only the gullible believe the spin. Election please! Just like WE saved you from the illegal boat people (leading to hundreds or thousands) of deaths. WE saved you from workchoices (sending small business to the wall). What a disgraceful Government. Now WE are going to save you from drugs in sport. The only people saved under this Government are the warmist prophets, the ABC and other tax funded propoganda machines and don't forget the unions.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:08:17 AM
Yep. But the answer is simple. Let’s step the whole thing back to the 50/60s, & all will be great.

Like the time in about 63, when I watched 6 men spend all day digging a 100 yard trench to lay the sewer pipes to our new house, than all the next day laying pipe, & back filling. Today one man with a trench digger does it in less than half a day, but there go all those jobs.

Do you think today’s kids would actually turn up a dig that trench. Not bloody likely. The whole house cost 3,400 pounds, so they wouldn't have been paid much.

Yep, not much pay those days, but didn’t things cost. I remember my first watch, a 16Th birthday present. I remember because it cost 16 pounds, about my dad’s gross wage for a week. Yep, today’s kids would love it.

I also remember the new Holden cost 1.6 years of dad’s salary. We didn’t get the optional heater in it, couldn’t afford it.

Just imagine a war with today’s kids. It would be all over before they had read the safety instructions. After the putting on the 30+ sunscreen, & the insect repellent,, strapping on their bicycle helmet it would be time for the “GUN”. Now most of these kids know that actually touching one of these things bring instant & agonising death. I reckon it will be powder puffs at 30 paces with this lot, not all that dangerous.

So Na! No war mate, they will just come around, with their hand out, as usual. Come to think of it they defeated us 20/30 years ago, & we have very little left to take.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:01:40 AM
We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 14 February 2013 11:38:22 AM
If anyone is interested in reading an excellent book (Good heavens did he say 'book'? He must be an oldie if he doesn't know books are so like - yesterday!) on apocalyptic thinking at the turn of the first millenium, I'd suggest Tom Holland's 'Millenium'. The parallels with today's fear-based poltics are quite arresting.
Posted by Senior Victorian, Thursday, 14 February 2013 12:20:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy