The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Targeted killings: Operation ‘Pillar of Defence’ > Comments

Targeted killings: Operation ‘Pillar of Defence’ : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 29/11/2012

Israel very much considers its actions as self-defence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Jonathan J. Ariel,

It's sickening to witness a powerful entity mercilessly mashing a less robust entity underfoot...no matter what mitigation is called forth in its defence.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 1 December 2012 11:00:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have no argument about how many rockets were fired into Israel from Gaza it is just the utter deceit of those who claim Israel sat meekly by until finally 'forced into action by the incessant rain of rockets'.

Throughout the two years before Operation Cast Lead Hamas and the IDF traded blows in tit for tat strikes which saw Israel use six times the number of far more powerful 155mm artillery shells on Gaza than rockets from Hamas. These shells have a far greater accuracy and range than any Qassam rocket but they are hardly a 'surgical' weapon. I have no reason to believe that proportion of munitions traded has changed through the intervening years.

The idea that Israel only responds after prolonged provocation is a card that often dealt not only to promote the idea that they are the victims instead of the Palestinians but also to justify their election driven slaughters. It is a false, misleading and reprehensible, and should be challenged whenever it is touted.
Posted by csteele, Saturday, 1 December 2012 12:12:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G.

Contrary to your assumption, not all posters supporting the lone democratic
lamb in the Middle East trying to stand up to the pack of wolves that surround her are Jewish.

Secondly you seem repulsed by Israel using surgical strikes in taking out the enemy's henchmen. Given I doubt the Israelis are going to sit down and take more missiles on the chin, perhaps they should forget surgical strikes and take a leaf out of the RAF and study how it dealt with Dresden.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Saturday, 1 December 2012 2:34:53 PM
Ariel, to call Israel 'the lone democratic lamb' shows clearly the full extent of your religious derangement.

A lamb is a peaceful creature that does not kill. Clearly, Israel is into killing big-time!

Israel is not alone but is enabled and supported by the world's most ruthless, warmongering, brutal imperial nation.

The U.S., like Israel, also hides its atrocities and war crimes under the cloak of calling itself a democracy and claiming it is merely defending itself.

Both Israel and the U.S. are rogue nations and the world would be a better place without them!
Posted by David G, Saturday, 1 December 2012 3:53:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My, my, David G, you are a hater, particularly of functioning democracies. There is no reputable Arab government anywhere, they slaughter not only Jews, but also ignored is the casual Genocide of the various Christian sects as well, Copt, Maronites, various Orthodox. And of course they slaughter their own the most.

The most stable period was under the Ottomans, not Arabs. There is no history, understanding or wish for good government among Arabs and you think Palestine can run? It's a mess either way, no different to all the other hell holes about it.
Posted by McCackie, Saturday, 1 December 2012 5:05:00 PM
McCackie, you are right! I do hate warmongers.

I especially hate warmongers that loudly claim they are democracies (in the U.S., politicians are owned by the corporations) and pretend they are symbols of human rights and freedom while they go about their imperial invasions and land and resource stealing and attempt global domination.

You may admire such barbarism and gross hypocrisy but I don't. It's because of ignorant people like you that the world will soon go up in a puff of nuclear smoke.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 1 December 2012 7:04:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy